Eagles Are Way Overrated

bigE79

Reaction score
I think their defense is overrated. They've given up an avg of 425.5yds/game the last 4 games

Eagles were at least 2 INC passes from having 2 more losses.

On offense, today SF showed that if you can limit their gains on 1st and 2nd down, they're not as good on 3rd and long-ish as they are on 3rd and short b/c they will play it as a 4-down situation
Hate to say it,but our defense is a bit overrated also, still cannot stop the run consistently,and that will be our downfall in the playoffs and the next 4 games and I really haven't been that impressed with our pass rush either,did we even have a sack against Seattle? And btw,our lbs are not that good... hope DQ has plan.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you have watched the eagles this year you know how lucky they have been in MANY games..Unexplainable things just kept happening to keep them in games... the Niners are better but the only thing that changed is the Beagles got no lucky bounces this game and the talent showed on the scoreboard...

Reaction score
One thing that is not being taken into account, The Eagles are tired. They have played good teams with winning records the past 4 weeks and have had less rest than their opponents the past 2 (Bills - 6 day vrs 7 and 49ers 7 vrs 10) granted that plays into the Cowboy's hand as the Cowboys will be the 5th good team in a row and will be more rested (7 days vrs 10) the last (and only) time they had more rest than their opponent was September 25th

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys are rated right about where they should be by most. Many are still skeptical because they lost to the two best teams they’ve played this season and have feasted on bad teams. They’ve had a lot of good teams over the years fall short in the playoffs.
Ok, some of those same opponents played well against the Eagles.

Robster8989

Reaction score
The eagles are my most disliked team by far. But they didn’t win 10 games the way they did being overrated. The eagles are still a very good team perfectly capable of beating us Sunday. It will take the Cowboys playing well in all phases to win next Sunday. Margin of victory? Thats better suited in College FB.

Do I expect us to win? Absolutely. Can the eagles win? Yes they can. I don’t think they are over-rated.
I would agree 100%.
They are good, I just see major differences from last years Eagles team (which was a dominant team).
1. They are susceptible to a good running game. Both the Chiefs and the Niners ran the ball very effectively on them (and we need to as well). I think their DL is still elite (though they did lose Hargrave), but their LBs are really a huge step back from last year. Last year they had LBs that attacked the LOS, and those big boys inside kept them clean, so they were able to shut down the run. This year is different. Their LBs do not attack the LOS. They remind me of how many Cowboys fans felt LVE played after huis injury.
2. Their secondary is no where near last years team. Primarily I feel their CBs are a shell of what they were last year. Bradberry had the year of his career last year, and this year is back to what he has always been, average at best. Even Slay looks beatable. A huge step back from last years team.
3. Hurts. He has grit, no doubt, but this season is making last year seem like an anomoly. He was amazing last year, mobile, accurate and a great leader. Still a great leader, but his accuracy is off, and he looks nowhere near as mobile as he was last year.
Injuries and hits have a way of catching up to mobile QB's in the NFL, perhaps Hurts is experiencing that. He is still elusive, but he just does not seem nearly as fast as last year. He looks hobbled, and is playing that way.
They are still a really talented team.
I just feel they are beatable.

quickccc

Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
it wasn't long ago when some were saying the Niners were overrated when they went on a 3 game losing streak after beating us so badly,..

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can see what you did there :rolleyes:. There's nothing wrong with cautious optimism and looking at the Eagles defeat for what it was.....a drubbing from the power house of the Conference.
I would never ever call @Bobhaze a hater, but even he agrees that we need some measured confidence as 'just turning up' mentality could/is probably the only way we lose on Sunday. Getting beaten by the 9ers, when they are playing to their best, isnt the measure for being classed as over-rated (even though their secondary is probably average).
Bob Haze is not to whom I was referring. His analysis are mostly objective and on point. There are others who find any excuse to spew negativity.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Philly got their butts handed to them by the same team that handed us our butts earlier in the season. That doesn’t make them overrated. San Francisco is on a roll right now. No one is going to beat them if they continue to play this way.
Yup

SF might be the best and most complete team I've seen since the 2015 Panthers.

I'm really having a hard time thinking of another team with that much depth on the DL, playmakers at LB and in the secondary, and having a litany of weapons on offense.

Their supposed weakness, the OL, just mollywhopped arguably the best DL in the NFL.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If I’m Eagles or the 49ers I’m placing an emphasis on running the ball in the Cowboys. Put the onus on our d-line and LBs to get the offense off the field and limit the Cowboys opportunity to score points.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
They absolutely are. And the only position they are better at then the Cowboys is WR and OL. Their DT’s are vastly overrated. LBs trash, DB’s trash outside of Slay.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
First off, the 23 Eagles aren't the 22 Eagles. They replaced both coordinators and lost several key people. The defense has gone from one of the best in the league to one of the worst by several metrics.

As far as their wins
KC - Late comebacks with some questionable ref calls
Dallas - Won by a few inches
Buffalo - Late comeback with some questionable calls
Miami - Somehow got zero penalties called against them

They have 6 victories that could have been changed with the outcome of one play. That's not skill. That's luck.
Lol. You’re assuming that the calls/inches really made a difference. Butterfly effect. They still could’ve won those games.

If we played their schedule, I strongly suspect that we would have a worse record… Probably much worse given that we haven’t really played anyone this year … other than Philly once.

So keep pumping yourself up… but when you point to luck/referees to explain a rivals success, you lessen yourself…

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol. You’re assuming that the calls/inches really made a difference. Butterfly effect. They still could’ve won those games.

If we played their schedule, I strongly suspect that we would have a worse record… Probably much worse given that we haven’t really played anyone this year … other than Philly once.

So keep pumping yourself up… but when you point to luck/referees to explain a rivals success, you lessen yourself…
lol jesus your still doing this whole "Im a Cowboys fan" thing.. come on man it was obvious at post 100 and now 1900 defending the eagles post later its still pretty obvious. We will have played mostly the same schedule by years end.. it will play out..right now if you go by common opponent your case doesnt hold much water..now if you guys beat us this Sunday you can come on here gloat but at least do it wearing your colors..ill have more respect for you.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
lol jesus your still doing this whole "Im a Cowboys fan" thing.. come on man it was obvious at post 100 and now 1900 defending the eagles post later its still pretty obvious. We will have played mostly the same schedule by years end.. it will play out..right now if you go by common opponent your case doesnt hold much water..now if you guys beat us this Sunday you can come on here gloat but at least do it wearing your colors..ill have more respect for you.
Lol… Ignoring your silliness..

Yes, we will have played a similar schedule as them…by years end. I’m not sure why you bother to say that though, as it’s got nothing to do with who we have played thus far.

… I could be wrong though, and the next few weeks should give us more clues…

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are overrated because they won those games. People who've been paying attention know they can be beat just like any other team. SF is the top team regardless of record. Eagles, 9ers, Cowboys and Lions are good teams, and it will be settled in January.
9ers will go as their injuries go, top team when healthy but they have more games to play as well, so who knows...

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
They absolutely are. And the only position they are better at than the Cowboys is WR and OL. Their DT’s are vastly overrated. LBs trash, DB’s trash outside of Slay.
Their DTs are dramatically better than ours… It’s not even close.

I would take Hurts over Dak all day long. Prescott has played well this year, though… Maybe call it a push…

TE - I’m not sure about their depth, but their starter is better than our starter.

RB is a push…

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Eagles are way overrated then so are the Cowboys. They are a good team that go their butts kicked by a better team, the same way we did five weeks ago.

The Niners are the team to beat.
The team to beat is the next one on your schedule because that’s all you can do.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Their DTs are dramatically better than ours… It’s not even close.

I would take Hurts over Dak all day long. Prescott has played well this year, though… Maybe call it a push…

TE - I’m not sure about their depth, but their starter is better than our starter.

RB is a push…
Bye