Eagles have not rec'd a 1st for Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

black label

Reaction score
No...wrong...he got them to the playoffs...Foles got them to the Superbowl...Wentz's played no role in the post season.

So in reality, Wentz has zero post season skins on the wall...IIRC he only has 4 career postseason passes with 25% completion rate, 0.75 ypa , and 1 fumble...that is the extent of his career contributions to the eagles attempt to get to the SB at any point in his career. So spare me with Wentz got them to the SB.
Try son it's junk bra

T-RO

Reaction score
They would. Watson is going to command 4-5 firsts alone.
Outside of

Mahomes
Dak
Watson

all the young under 30 quarterbacks are looking like one hit wonders or generic system quarterbacks. No wonder NFL.com has Dak the #1 free agent and Watson the best quarterback potentially prospect available.

To start: we agree on Wentz. Fool's gold.

Now to clean up some of the mess you lay'n down:
-Watson won't get 4-5 first round picks. Wanna wager on that?!
-Here are the young QBs the league thinks highly of:
Jackson...Enthusiasm for the player within a system that fits. Unequaled athlete who can throw.
Allen...MEGA star emerging
Baker...wipe the smear off your mouth. Great at throwing darts.
Murray...fascinating player...needs a good #2 receiver and more diversified offense
Mahomes...as you note, obviously
Watson...obviously
Dak...a top-12 QB, certainly
Burrow...amazing player with little around him. Mega-strong rookie debut
Herbert, rookie of the year. Need we say more?
You fumbled bro. You say just 3 good young QB's!? And I haven't even see you scrambling to recover.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Colts and Bears better be careful. The Pats might swoop in and steal Wentz.

Maybe. I have a hard time seeing Wentz as a player Bill would want. Wentz is not a leader, not a big thinker.

Hadenough

Reaction score
nope. I rather try to draft a guy like Mac Jones if hes sitting there early 2nd . He is better than Wince right now.
I like Mac Jones but doubt he is there in the 2nd round. It wouldnt surprise me if NE drafts him in the middle of the first.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Maybe. I have a hard time seeing Wentz as a player Bill would want. Wentz is not a leader, not a big thinker.
He isnt the greatest leader but does have some talent and has shown before he can play well. I think after Reich left Philly Wentz was done. He needs great structure around him but I could see NE take a chance if he becomes a real bargain.

Swagger

Reaction score
He isnt the greatest leader but does have some talent and has shown before he can play well. I think after Reich left Philly Wentz was done. He needs great structure around him but I could see NE take a chance if he becomes a real bargain.
I agree with this.
The Eagles were a mess last season, especially their offensive line and Wentz needs a good line to play properly. This was evident from this first season when he started off well then his form dipped alarmingly once Lane Johnson was banned for the majority of the season. He doesn't have the mobility of some other quarterbacks. It does make me laugh when people just label him as a scrub and a complete bust. He had three seasons where he threw 81 TDs and 21 INTs. That's not exactly dreadful and that includes helping his team to the number 1 seed where they ultimately won the Superbowl.
He just had a poor season and looked out of sorts but there were reasons for that if people are objective - o-line, receivers, coaching, the organisation in general behind the scenes, play-calling without Reich, was he healthy after injuries etc.
Hey he might be done and he peaked early and injuries having taken their toll both mentally and physically but it wouldn't exactly be a surprise were he to join a team like the Colts with Reich and completely turn it around.

Sydla

Reaction score
Latest seems to be Wentz wants Indy but Ballard, the GM there, is being very judicious in his approach and has not come close to offering what Philly might want. The Bears have been more aggressive but they haven't buckled either and it's unclear if Wentz would even want to go there.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The league knows two things about Wentz:
1. Immense physical talent
2. His mental toughness is the opposite of his physical talent.

He is the modern day Jeff George.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
To start: we agree on Wentz. Fool's gold.

Now to clean up some of the mess you lay'n down:
-Watson won't get 4-5 first round picks. Wanna wager on that?!
-Here are the young QBs the league thinks highly of:
Jackson...Enthusiasm for the player within a system that fits. Unequaled athlete who can throw.
Allen...MEGA star emerging
Baker...wipe the smear off your mouth. Great at throwing darts.
Murray...fascinating player...needs a good #2 receiver and more diversified offense
Mahomes...as you note, obviously
Watson...obviously
Dak...a top-12 QB, certainly
Burrow...amazing player with little around him. Mega-strong rookie debut
Herbert, rookie of the year. Need we say more?
You fumbled bro. You say just 3 good young QB's!? And I haven't even see you scrambling to recover.
Panthers offered 3 1sts and the best running back in the league for him. And it got turned down

Are you still sure?

JustChip

Reaction score
Exactly. They overpaid. Teams are hopeful others will overpay like the Rams but it doesn’t seem to work that way
Same thing the Rams did to the RB market. Gave Gurley, a player with injuries issues in college, a huge market busting contract because they needed to do something right away to generate fans in the LA market.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
whats junk bra?

I mean I’ve heard of junk in the trunk, is this similar?
iu

T-RO

Reaction score

Problem is that Wentz cannot be secured as a bargain...not when you factor in his crazy contract.

If he was a free agent right now...and teams could sign him without giving up any picks or players...how many teams would pay him $30 mil per year?!

jnday

Reaction score
When the Stafford trade happened everyone assumed qbs on the move would get multiple firsts. The move the Rams made was desperation. To get away from Goff. They woulda traded more in all likelihood to get that contract pitts la
And Dallas fans are begging to get into the same position by signing Dak to an even bigger contract.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Only idiots like certain posters on this forum think he’s worth that.

Only QBs worth more than 2 1sts with no extra fluff are

Mahomes
Watson
Dak
Russel Wilson
Rodgers

Everyone else is either too old, expandable, or unproven

If that's the case we'd have to take the two 1st round picks for Dak. Don't draft his replacement (unless 'our guy' is available), build a defense and strengthen the back-up O-Line.

It's a hard decision based on the reality that whatever we do we (with this defense) we arent doing anything for the next two/three years.

Maybe tank in 2021 (Washington have our number and the division), get another high first round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.