Eagles now SUSPEND T.O. (***Ultimate TO Thread***)

lspain1

Reaction score
You know, the Eagles need some help at wide receiver...who's available....
Let's see...needs good height, good speed, ball hawk...

Wait!!!!! Pete Hunter!!!!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Yep but they can fine him for conduct detrimental to the team and still take a big chunk of his money from him. He may be like Terry Glen in NE or Key in Tampa but where suspend with out pay and I bet TO gets the same treatment before the season is over.
Not sure about Terry Glenn but Key was not suspended without pay...he was simply told that he would not be activated for the final 7 (??) games of the season but he was still on the roster and still got paid.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Yeah, doesn't matter if you sit or play, you got a contract, you get paid as long as said contract isn't void.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Waffle said:
He basically said T.O. was really no different than Irvin or Keyshawn, and he even compared him to Emmitt on his original threat of holding out of Eagles camp.

He says the ONLY reason we all hate T.O. is because of the "Star" incident. He basically concluded that we are all a bunch of hypocrites and if T.O. were a Cowboy, we'd all love him. :rolleyes:

Please explain how Keyshawn's ridiculous mouth and more ridiculous book is better than TO's ridiculous mouth and equally ridiculous Sharpie in any way? Emmitt actually said "To Hell with the team" during his 1993 holdout. What's the different between saying that and anything TO says?

TO was an a__ for holding out after one year, but his situation is different given how he was signed. How is TO's holdout different from that of Hines Ward, Michael Westbrook, or Richard Seymour?

In the end when Philadelphia doesn't win the Superbowl or even get there this season people will question their not accomodating TO.

Kilyin

Reaction score
You guys should see the video of him moving his bench press out in his front lawn, shooting baskets with his so called groin injury, and lifting weights right on his front lawn for the media to see (he actually took and answered questions while doing reps)

NFL Network showed a clip of that, he was doing situps and working out with dumbbells in his yard. He told the media he came outside because he didn't want them 'standing around just looking at his house'. I wouldn't say he answered questions though, since most were answered with 'no comment'.

When asked if all the media craze bothered him, he replied "Nope, not at all."

I guess he doesn't have the balls to just say he enjoys it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The eagles did have some kind of behavior clause I believe. Don't know the specifics though.

kmp77

Reaction score
You could tell he was eating up the attention. I hope he doesnt' come here.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Please explain how Keyshawn's ridiculous mouth and more ridiculous book is better than TO's ridiculous mouth and equally ridiculous Sharpie in any way? Emmitt actually said "To Hell with the team" during his 1993 holdout. What's the different between saying that and anything TO says?

TO was an a__ for holding out after one year, but his situation is different given how he was signed. How is TO's holdout different from that of Hines Ward, Michael Westbrook, or Richard Seymour?

In the end when Philadelphia doesn't win the Superbowl or even get there this season people will question their not accomodating TO.

You might find some answers here.

http://new.cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29594&page=1&pp=40

I see no sense in making this Superthread any larger than it is already.

Kilyin

Reaction score
They showed a short interview from TO. He basically took another shot at Mcnabb by saying, "If he doesn't wanna step and be a man about it, I can tell the world what really happened.", in reference to the Superbowl. This is great stuff.

:laugh2:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
They showed a short interview from TO. He basically took another shot at Mcnabb by saying, "If he doesn't wanna step and be a man about it, I can tell the world what really happened.", in reference to the Superbowl. This is great stuff.

:laugh2:

I thought that was in reference to the dialogue with Reid.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I agree with Alexander and Dale. The Eagles front office is one of the best in the business. Kudos to them for not bending to TO's whim.

That being said........no group of fans deserves discord and heartache more than Eagles fans.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Pastabelly is up on ESPN. REID kicked him out of camp!!!!! Hey Phoenixtalon--Ok, I guess I don't hate to gloat.

Yeah yo'ure a gloater! But that's alright, I'm glad everyone is having such a great time with this. You couldn't possibly know the pain attached to this. But somehow, I believe this incident isn't connected with the "New COntract" initiative.

This hurts guys. I'll check back during better times. Have fun!

Kilyin

Reaction score
I thought that was in reference to the dialogue with Reid.

Hmm, possible it was, I kinda caught the end of it, but I coulda sworn I heard the word Superbowl, so I assumed Mcnabb was the intended recipient.