Eagles now SUSPEND T.O. (***Ultimate TO Thread***)

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
AP wire also said he was suspended. The Washington Post said this morning that the Iggles have 2 injured wide receivers so TO's mental health day off will put them in a bind. I feel sorry for thr Iggles phans. If it isn't one thing it's another. This is pretty shoddy behavior for a proffessional athelete.

billknows

Reaction score
Roy Williams Lamed T O , He wants paid before the whole world finds out. After taking that vicious hit from ROY WILLIAMS ,T O is not the same receiver he once was. Many believe that T O needed a camp diversion to hide is leg condition, such as contract dispute,and groin injury. Roy's reputation will pay bigger dividends ,as T O career will be in steep decline...

Jubei

Reaction score
If this is true, all I can say is ...

O dear what a pity nevermind

Woods

Reaction score
Don't know about that . . . . I think TO is just trying to get as much as he possibly can, especially given his age (i.e., over 30).

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
To be honest, watching that with a friend of mine this afternoon, I realized that my initial reaction of jubiliation was wrong.

Not because he deserves my pity for his views, but because I honestly see an incredibly talented young man who is literally self-destructing in front of 20 million viewers. Not funny.

He could have been better than Rice with Rice's head.

When I first started to read your post, I thought "now here goes Skeptic, trying his best imitation of being sarcastic." And i still could be wrong, but I really sense some sincerity in your words.

Listen Skeptic, I played football in the Air Force, I upset the coach one day and he gave me some very hard exercises to do to make me see the light -- something like 500 repetitions. As I got through about 2-hundred, the "monster-man" stepped up and scolded the team that was watching. He said "what kind of team would stand by and let (my knickname) do all those grass drills. He said, I'll complete the rest of them for you -- and he did!

The Eagles will take care of T.O. in the Lockerroom. They'll be there to support him -- not because they think so highly of his personality ...not even so much because of his skills (although that plays a factor I'm sure), but because they are a team! And before they were all professional athletes, they played on college-level teams with the team concept heavily engrained in their grooming.

So ...it's alright for you to make fun of the situation now, like so many here have chosen to do. The Eagles are resilient enough to handle T.O.'s growing pains. Sometimes a coach has to put his foot ...well you get the point!

Good luck with your team ...I'm sure they don't have any internal problems going on.:rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
When I first started to read your post, I thought "now here goes Skeptic, trying his best imitation of being sarcastic." And i still could be wrong, but I really sense some sincerity in your words.

Listen Skeptic, I played football in the Air Force, I upset the coach one day and he gave me some very hard exercises to do to make me see the light -- something like 500 repetitions. As I got through about 2-hundred, the "monster-man" stepped up and scolded the team that was watching. He said "what kind of team would stand by and let (my knickname) do all those grass drills. He said, I'll complete the rest of them for you -- and he did!

The Eagles will take care of T.O. in the Lockerroom. They'll be there to support him -- not because they think so highly of his personality ...not even so much because of his skills (although that plays a factor I'm sure), but because they are a team! And before they were all professional athletes, they played on college-level teams with the team concept heavily engrained in their grooming.

So ...it's alright for you to make fun of the situation now, like so many here have chosen to do. The Eagles are resilient enough to handle T.O.'s growing pains. Sometimes a coach has to put his foot ...well you get the point!

Good luck with your team ...I'm sure they don't have any internal problems going on.:rolleyes:

TO doesn't care anything about the team. TO only cares about TO. He came back for the SB so he could be the player that won the SB and get more money....plain and simple.

All teams have some internal problems but we don't have star players cussing out the coach and getting suspended. Last year Bryant acted a fool and got send to Cleveland.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think there would be more indications if that were true. In the SB, it was clear he did not have the quickness and speed - BUT coming back so soon after the injury that would have been a miraculous cure. Conspiracies are a dime a dozen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
I doubt that since he played pretty darn well in the SB.
I would have to agree. He has had plenty of time to rehab his injury. His outlandish demands were not unexpected. At least, not to fans outside of the Philadelphia organization. After all, he is Terrell Owens.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
It's just not true, he looked fine in the Superbowl, and in camp (though he has had a supposed groin injury, he's been running routes and looking fine). He also passed the team physical with flying colors.

No, this is about cash and ego.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
billknows said:
Roy Williams Lamed T O , He wants paid before the whole world finds out. After taking that vicious hit from ROY WILLIAMS ,T O is not the same receiver he once was. Many believe that T O needed a camp diversion to hide is leg condition, such as contract dispute,and groin injury. Roy's reputation will pay bigger dividends ,as T O career will be in steep decline...

sorry dont buy it...TO was fine in Feb, he was fine when camp started...the guy is just a punk loser

David

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Remember when AJM said TO is not a cancer. ha haha ha. He did not believe any of us. He thought everything was gonna be ok and it was just a big act. Hmmmmm....looks like we were right.
Oh yes, I have been wondering where AJM got off to these days.

I believe what he said was T.O. was just holding out to skip mini-camp, he'd be back in full force once camp opened. Well, that's true in a way... :p:

Seriously, though, I think that Eagles fans wanted to believe that so much that they convinced themselves. This guy was a hero last year, dancing on the (mini) star and coming back to play in the Superbowl, I don't think I've ever seen this town go from loving someone so much to hating them in 6 months.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
The Eagles will take care of T.O. in the Lockerroom. They'll be there to support him -- not because they think so highly of his personality ...
Won't happen... they've already tried. Not sure how close you've been following the story (if you live local, you can't help but follow it). Hugh Douglas was rebuffed. The Philly Inquirer reported this morning that the team's offensive coordinator, Brad Childress, tried to approach T.O. yesterday morning to talk about Monday's game plan and T.O. said, "Don't speak to me unless spoken to first".

Truth is, the problem isn't really fixable (as I mentioned in a previous post). The team can either cut him, and deal with the consequences, or keep him on the roster and deal with this sort of distraction every week until he gets a new deal. Those are the only two options.

I have a suspicion that the Eagles will put him on IR (for his groin) and be done with him. That way he won't be playing for another team this year.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
To be honest, watching that with a friend of mine this afternoon, I realized that my initial reaction of jubiliation was wrong.

Yes, the Eagles are screwed royally by both TO and today's display, but that isn't the issue.

Looking at TO's eyes and watching the whole shirt-off, dumbell-lifting, situp-doing TO wasn't funny. It wasn't gratifying as a Dallas fan.

It was sad.

I honestly feel sorry for TO tonight.

Not because he deserves my pity for his views, but because I honestly see an incredibly talented young man who is literally self-destructing in front of 20 million viewers.

Not funny.

Sad. Truly sad.

That's a lost human being behind all the theatrics.

He could have been better than Rice with Rice's head.

Too bad it'll never happen now.
I have great sympathy for any type of mental illness.

But TO combines his narcissistic exhibtionism with a mean streak.

The way he dogged Garcia, for example, after leaving SF, was reprehensible.

Nice nuts I can tolerate, even like, sometimes a lot.

Nasty nuts I prefer to see thrown away.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv said:
TO wants more money, but the stupid thing about all this is that over the next 8 months he is scheduled to get 10 million - 10 million folks - I mean how stupid can he be - hold out and cause problems after March of next year when he gets thae rest of that signing bonus.
No one ever said he was the brightest guy on the team.

;)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Bach said:
You mean the foolishness of the Raiders.

Actually, I'd like to see Randy Moss and TO try to co-exist on the same team.

Maybe a 3 way trade with us getting Porter.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/avatars/fr_tb.gif Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus...

Bless you my son...

:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: :bow: