Eric Scott Jr. took his tattoo game to a new level

Kwyn

Reaction score
Agree 100%, it’s one of the oddest phenomenons of my lifetime. It was literally illegal when I was young and it was a thing for bikers gangs and prisoners. Ok it’s legal now and trendy, I get it, but it just keeps getting worse and worse. More and more people with face and neck tattoos, full body tattoos. And girls getting them the second they turn 18. It is so incredibly unattractive. I think in a couple of decades it will stop and we will look back at this as the tattoo era. I cant imagine this is now a permanent human thing. And as far as it being just a thing for the young, I am seeing more and more older people getting them now too. I just do not get it.
Earliest record of tattooing was in 3300 BC.

It’s always been a “permanent human thing”, but may just not have been part of your own world view.

All people have their own frame of reference. Many people, across the world, consider it beautiful.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The whole point is the look not the experience lol. Who the hell intentionally y sits in pain for 8 hours for experience?
For most people, there's a definite sense of "earning" your ink. Some people used to get drunk, but that was outlawed, partially because it thins the blood.

I believe tattoos originated as a way to show you were a warrior (in some cultures), and it was much more time consuming and painful back then, using needles and a small mallet type of tool.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wanna tattoo.
I wanna proclaim my individuality,..... and do what all my friends are doing
Do you refuse to put pictures on your walls too?
It's not necessarily about "individuality", but more about expressing your likes/beliefs/etc., or just because you find something pretty.

Just because you don't understand it, that doesn't invalidate it.

rags747

Reaction score
I’ve always avoided tattoos because of the pain involved. Not a fan of needles. I’m also impulsive so what I think is awesome today I might be bored with tomorrow. But if Eric Scott is into it that’s cool. Not my cup of tea but I don’t see anything wrong with it. More power to him if it makes him happy.

If I were to get a tattoo it would be to honor my parents after they pass or Darth Vader’s lightsaber clashing with Luke’s lightsaber. I would like to show everyone I’m a tough guy and a nerd at the same time, lol.
So how exactly would u honor your parents, have u thought about that? Names?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm waiting on Michael Jordan to start wearing a dog turd on his head. It will be awesome watching these idiot walking around with turds on their head. It's not about the turd, it's about one's self. lmao

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
So, in addition to standing on my desk and pounding my chest after every TPS form gets filled out, now I need tats?

Crazy world.

Kwyn

Reaction score
YES! DAK SPENT 3 DAYS on a freaking tattoo and if it's good for him...

Stupid stuff like this creates false narratives a young player feels obligated to live up to. No, a tattoo doesn't "make" anyone good or bad...but...I avoid women with too many tattoos and I do raise an eyebrow towards a guy with too many. Unless we grew up together and I know you, know you...I got one eye on you until I know otherwise...
Any other visible cues that make you raise an eyebrow and keep an eye on people?

What about a team logo? I see team logo tattoos posted by fans all over the internet for every team. 100% there are people who post here with a star logo tattoo.

Just askin

Kwyn

Reaction score
The NFL logo??? He ain’t in the damn NFL yet. How about doing something in the league first, like dressing for a game?

I don’t care about people getting tattoos and I resent anyone trying to make it about that. Many people have them and none of you know if I personally have them or not.

It ain’t about who is and isn’t allowed to get a tattoo for crying out loud.

It just speaks to the entitlement culture that he spent the last year around. He posts this as if he is some star already.

All I care about is how he plays on the field. Either he delivers or can be eternally reminded of his failure backward and stretched out in the mirror. Up to him.
You’re posting on social media right now.

What gives you, or anyone else, the right to make comments about the Cowboys? What are your credentials?

It’s Zone entitlement culture is what it is!

I see you have an avatar connected to your profile. What’s that about? What did you do to earn the right to express yourself that way? Are you a pilot? If so, were they combat missions? Are you inflatable?

See how that works?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The NFL logo??? He ain’t in the damn NFL yet. How about doing something in the league first, like dressing for a game?

I don’t care about people getting tattoos and I resent anyone trying to make it about that. Many people have them and none of you know if I personally have them or not.

It ain’t about who is and isn’t allowed to get a tattoo for crying out loud.

It just speaks to the entitlement culture that he spent the last year around. He posts this as if he is some star already.

All I care about is how he plays on the field. Either he delivers or can be eternally reminded of his failure backward and stretched out in the mirror. Up to him.
He was literally drafted to the NFL so he got a tattoo of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For most people, there's a definite sense of "earning" your ink. Some people used to get drunk, but that was outlawed, partially because it thins the blood.

I believe tattoos originated as a way to show you were a warrior (in some cultures), and it was much more time consuming and painful back then, using needles and a small mallet type of tool.
Ok that’s news to me I never heard this but it wouldn’t shock me some guys think they are tough for getting tats.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You’re posting on social media right now.

What gives you, or anyone else, the right to make comments about the Cowboys? What are your credentials?

It’s Zone entitlement culture is what it is!

I see you have an avatar connected to your profile. What’s that about? What did you do to earn the right to express yourself that way? Are you a pilot? If so, were they combat missions? Are you inflatable?

See how that works?
Great question, and glad you asked.

I am neither a pilot or inflatable, but my boy said McCarthy look like the same from the movie Airplane!

Cold, but kinda true. Either way the Kool Aid thing needed to go because those days are officially gone.

I don’t care what he does, says, or stands for. All I know is he is somehow trying to be some sort of NFL star before he has seen the damn field and it seems fairly typical of the Dallas Cowboys culture.

If you don’t agree, fine. Doesn’t matter. It’s my opinion…. the same way Eric Scott figures he ought to buy instead of rent after that type of a rookie season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok that’s news to me I never heard this but it wouldn’t shock me some guys think they are tough for getting tats.
Oh, there a places on the body that are excruciating to get a tattoo, and you have to sit still for a few hours while getting it done, in many cases. So yeah, some people earn the right to feel that way.

Watch a show like Inkmaster some time, and you'll see how rough it can be.

But it's addicting. Once you have one, you want more.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Any other visible cues that make you raise an eyebrow and keep an eye on people?

What about a team logo? I see team logo tattoos posted by fans all over the internet for every team. 100% there are people who post here with a star logo tattoo.

Just askin
Well, if you must know...if I see someone with a extravagant religious garb on I get nausea...the unctuousness is too much. Too many tattoos...yep...that's on the watch list.

We all profile people - I'm black FYI - you just want it to be based on CHARACTER DECISIONS and not false positives. Most strippers and gang-bangers are full of tats. Having a few or many doesn't make a person one of them...but if you are willing to wear the uniform, I'm going to keep one eye open...unless I know you. I grew up in the streets so my list is longer than that but...those who know...KNOW.

Team logos? Nah...I'm not worried then. Though I would probably think a person lame for placing someone else's brand on their body...and it's no coincidence that it's LITERALLY what was done to slaves.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, if you must know...if I see someone with a extravagant religious garb on I get nausea...the unctuousness is too much. Too many tattoos...yep...that's on the watch list.

We all profile people - I'm black FYI - you just want it to be based on CHARACTER DECISIONS and not false positives. Most strippers and gang-bangers are full of tats. Having a few or many doesn't make a person one of them...but if you are willing to wear the uniform, I'm going to keep one eye open...unless I know you. I grew up in the streets so my list is longer than that but...those who know...KNOW.
I can understand being wary of fully tatted people, but one interaction with them will usually put you at ease, because most of them only have the ink for the art.