ESPN Lays Off Ed Werder

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
They got problems
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ng-10000-subscribers-day-political-left-turn/
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/03/21/the-top-5-reasons-espns-ratings-are-in-freefall/

image.png

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The barefoot contessa denied a dying child's wish to cook with her TWICE. She is dead to me

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I think, at least from my viewpoint, it's not a question of specific politics. It's much the same issue that would lead to this rule -- I don't tune in to sports for ANY political discussion. There are plenty of places to get that, just as there are other websites to discuss politics. ESPN probably loses some viewers who are offended by political stances of any stripe, because people watching want to see sports and sports news. Most of us value at least some opportunities to escape the Real World and enjoy something else -- like sports.
:clap::clap::clap:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I expect to see Werder on Fox reporting on the Cowboys in no time at all. I'm not a fan of his but he has the connects there.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Well said.

It definitely looks to me like they not only catered to an indifferent audience, but chased away the audience they did have in the process.

For myself, I noticed a complete shift in how ESPN did business the minute TO was doing crunches in his driveway with helicopters flying overhead. I don't know how big their ratings must have been, but nothing was the same after that. It was all scandal all the time from that day forward. Gone were the days of the people who truly loved sports, and the business was run like a business first and foremost.

They went with whatever sold and sacrificed their integrity and reputation in the name of making a buck. And so has most everyone they employed, just like Ed Werder, and that's why I have no sympathy for any of them.

What goes around, comes around.
I am in 100% agreement.

malbis030347

Reaction score
he just tweeted he was let go after 17 yrs...kinda liked the guy, Jerry trusted him that he would always report accurate Cowboys info on a regular basis

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Hate to see the guy lose his job, but I don't think to many Cowboys s are going to miss hi, I thought his reporting went the way of TMZ a few years ago but maybe he was just following his boss's instructions