ESPN Lays Off Ed Werder

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Espn has an agenda and laying off white men fits it perfectly.

yup....

And here is a great read...that is so true. Explains the whole situation perfectly. And if I may be so bold. I won't be shocked to see ESPN go under....very soon....sooner than anyone thinks....just like AOL.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-firing-over-a-hundred-employees-today-042617
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-firing-over-a-hundred-employees-today-042617
It's hard to imagine ESPN going away. But I'm starting to think it might be inevitable. I don't think they can cut enough "costs" to keep forking out the billions they owe in television rights.

And I know this might sound absurd....but if ESPN goes under..that is going to have a huge ripple effect across everything. I know econamical collapse sounds absurd.....but it could be the card that gets the house of cards falling for everybody.:rolleyes:

Putting my tin foil hat back on now....;)

khiladi

Reaction score
The bigger picture is that ESPN is losing money. When NFL television rights are up for bid again. I won't be surprised if the money actually goes down. Instead of growing exponentially.

NBA rights were pretty dramatically high too and the championships still haven't pulled the ratings numbers of Mike's last championship in Utah.

If anything, it all seems so over-valued now.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
You are exactly right! And it was the same out of touch, money-grubbing, corporate suits that ruined that channel too. I believe the channel is still on the air, but they should be sued and forced to lose the "M" because whatever they're doing has nothing to do with Music.

Sadly, the same thing has happened with the History Channel. It went from educating to reality television. And much of Food Network is now the same with their cooking contest reality shows.
The "M" is no longer for "Music," it stands for "MEANINGLESS."

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Stephen a, Michael smith and jamelle hill can't be fired

HR would be called immediately.

Boy you got that right....:lmao:

For a thread that just screams for political discussion.....I think we all know which way ESPN is tilted...and today's bloodbath just confirms...it's just gonna get worse...and more jadded.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Wow it's a big list of names... wonder if they poach from other stations or go with no-names?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wow! It's reached "bloodbath" level!
:omg:
And the day before the NFL Draft? Really?
:huh:

ESPN is trying to make a statement. Don't let the timing fool you. This was all thought out...calculated. They have been shifting to a certain point of view for years now. And if you didn't fit that "agenda" today...you got canned. I wouldn't be shocked if you saw a class action discrimination suit because of this.

aikemirv

Reaction score
yup....

And here is a great read...that is so true. Explains the whole situation perfectly. And if I may be so bold. I won't be shocked to see ESPN go under....very soon....sooner than anyone thinks....just like AOL.

It's hard to imagine ESPN going away. But I'm starting to think it might be inevitable. I don't think they can cut enough "costs" to keep forking out the billions they owe in television rights.

And I know this might sound absurd....but if ESPN goes under..that is going to have a huge ripple effect across everything. I know econamical collapse sounds absurd.....but it could be the card that gets the house of cards falling for everybody.:rolleyes:

Putting my tin foil hat back on now....;)

Wow, love that article - spot on!

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Sportscenter used to show game highlights. Now it's nearly all analysis. That's it's main problem imo.

That's because most people have access to the games they want to watch and don't need a highlight show. When ESPN exploded onto the scene and gobbled up market share, there was no Sunday Ticket and no Extra Innings and there were even fewer national games for both of the big two leagues. Same thing for CFB.

There was also no DVR.