Video: ESPN: Photos of Greg Hardy's former girlfriend show multiple injuries

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Her wounds? Who's to say she didn't throw herself against the wall? Wouldn't put it past her considering she's a crack addict. They could've been swinging at each other and he had to pin her down to get her under control. She may have been high already. As for the witnesses LOL there were contradicting stories between the other witnesses some of which who backed Hardy.

I am sure that if we make enough excuses --- if she threw herself against the wall. O, indignity of the Y chromosome! --- the victim will end up settling with hardy, who certainly has believers here.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I am sure that if we make enough excuses --- if she threw herself against the wall. O, indignity of the Y chromosome! --- the victim will end up settling with hardy, who certainly has believers here.

If there was a settlement and she was the victim why take it? Why not try and get justice?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If there was a settlement and she was the victim why take it? Why not try and get justice?

Because money walks.

That said, that's not the best question to ask at any rate.

The question is, why did the prosecution not proceed anyway? All this damning evidence was surely enough for a conviction, right?

Especially considering that absent victim testimony does not have an effect on conviction rates nationwide.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Disclaimer for the previous post:

what I said was true, but I'm sorry if it came off crass. I do not approve of domestic violence. I'm just frustrated today.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
I was in a relationship where she hit me all the time. i didnt hit her back, i just called the cops and she got arrested.

he hit her back, so he should be labeled a woman beater. He overpowers her so even if she did attack him, he should have just held her down without hitting her.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Disclaimer for the previous post:

what I said was true, but I'm sorry if it came off crass. I do not approve of domestic violence. I'm just frustrated today.
You don't come off crass but when people disagree on these issues it leads to people being out of character on this stuff

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I was in a relationship where she hit me all the time. i didnt hit her back, i just called the cops and she got arrested.

he hit her back, so he should be labeled a woman beater. He overpowers her so even if she did attack him, he should have just held her down without hitting her.
In the words of Jay Z "We don't believe you, you need more people" regarding her getting locked up. Every time that happened with my friend and his ex wife he had to leave the house or risk getting arrested.

loublue22

Reaction score

holding someone down causes bruising

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If you don't enjoy women getting abused then you shouldn't be happy with the guy. The evidence is pretty strong in the pics...ones that don't look defensive. You said I'm naive regarding the PC Police. Yes they are out there but in this case I don't see it. I just see people tired of watching thug athletes pay their way out of trouble while having people buy anything they're selling. The comments I've read today are exactly why victims remain quiet.

The evidence shows exactly what has been stated for months now. That things got physical.

And this woman is a druggy and borderline crazy. Again, don't hold your breath waiting for me to sympathize with her.

nathanlt

Reaction score
The justice system should focus on delivering justice, and they must do a better job of it. The NFL should stay out of the business of determining guilt or innocence. The NFL made its judgement, and should not react again, unless the legal system does first.

Let the legal system handle it, that's the reason for its existence.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Just kind of playing devils advocate here, but the injuries don't look like he struck her. I mean, body shots are kind of hard to tell, but I'm not seeing black eyes, blood, swollen cheeks, etc here.

Can you really say that he didn't just throw/deflect her around in self defense? How are these injuries not congruent with Hardy's story also?

AGAIN! I DO NOT WANT TO SEEM LIKE I'M MAKING EXCUSES! JUST TRYING TO EMPHASIZE THAT THESE PICTURES REALLY DO NOT SHOW ANYTHING WE DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW (OR SHOULDN'T HAVE ALREADY KNOWN).

My definitive conclusion that I'm completely comfortable making is that both parties were messed up and fought. Hardy should have handled it better.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The question is, why did the prosecution not proceed anyway? All this damning evidence was surely enough for a conviction, right?

Because the only evidence is her testimony and she completely (and potentially criminally) contradicted herself in sworn testimony. There was absolutely no way the DA could get a conviction, and the proof is that he didn't even try for a plea bargain. The DA didn't even try for a plea bargain, which you do i you have a weak case. He dropped the case without even trying to get Hardy's side to plead the case out.

I'm late to the bazillion threads here, but what people are missing is that those pictures back up Hardy's side of the story that she went nuts and threw herself into a bathtub. Her back bruises look like a "slip and fall" injury, not blunt trama from 270 pound professional athlete hitting her. That looks like eyes swollen shut, broken bones, teeth missing, etc. It doesn't look like purple and yellow bruising.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just kind of playing devils advocate here, but the injuries don't look like he struck her. I mean, body shots are kind of hard to tell, but I'm not seeing black eyes, blood, swollen cheeks, etc here.

Spooky, I was posting the exact same thing at the same time.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Here is my question for all the posters here certain that Hardy is guilty. If these bruises are from Greg Hardy hitting Nicole Holder, why did Nicole Holder testify at the bench trial that he didn't hit her? Her sworn testimony was that he didn't hit her, but rather choked her without leaving marks and then threatened to kill her.

She said she had a broken toenail from a separate incident a few days prior where she attacked his car and was restrained by a security guard.

Last edited:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Because the only evidence is her testimony and she completely (and potentially criminally) contradicted herself in sworn testimony. There was absolutely no way the DA could get a conviction, and the proof is that he didn't even try for a plea bargain. The DA didn't even try for a plea bargain, which you do i you have a weak case. He dropped the case without even trying to get Hardy's side to plead the case out.

I'm late to the bazillion threads here, but what people are missing is that those pictures back up Hardy's side of the story that she went nuts and threw herself into a bathtub. Her back bruises look like a "slip and fall" injury, not blunt trama from 270 pound professional athlete hitting her. That looks like eyes swollen shut, broken bones, teeth missing, etc. It doesn't look like purple and yellow bruising.

Like Christy Mack after War Machine was finished....wont post pics

Kaiser

Reaction score
My definitive conclusion that I'm completely comfortable making is that both parties were messed up and fought. Hardy should have handled it better.

The other conclusions you are draw about Hardy's judgement is that he obviously was dating a psycho and was likely giving her the money she was using to buy drugs.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Here is my question for all the posters here certain that Hardy is guilty. If these bruises are from Greg Hardy hitting Nicole Holder, why did Nicole Holder testify at the bench trial that he didn't hit her? Her sworn testimony was that he didn't hit her, but rather chocked her without leaving marks and threatened to kill her.

She said she had a broken toenail from a separate incident a few days prior where she attacked his car and was restrained by a security guard.

Facts do not resonate with these people that want to push the agenda.

A star athlete is caught up with a crack head who has marks on her. That's all they need to sound the alarm for their cause. Facts be damned!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Can you really say that he didn't just throw/deflect her around in self defense? How are these injuries not congruent with Hardy's story also?

AGAIN! I DO NOT WANT TO SEEM LIKE I'M MAKING EXCUSES! JUST TRYING TO EMPHASIZE THAT THESE PICTURES REALLY DO NOT SHOW ANYTHING WE DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW (OR SHOULDN'T HAVE ALREADY KNOWN).

Really don't know why anyone would come to another conclusion. Both did wrong and should have dealt with the consequences.