ESPN: Prescott accuses woman of plot to extort $100M

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry is not going to give 60 milluon per to a guy accused of sexual assault who settled given the exposure and his own issues
And what makes you think this? Jerry had a guy on the sideline who killed his friend driving drunk. As well as hired Pac-Mac Jones, Tank Johnson, Greg Hardy....what on earth have you seen that Jerry cares about how his team looks lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I go with my mom to her oncologist twice a month. The office visits aren't the least bit cheerful, but I'm there for my mom. It's pretty sad to look around at people in the waiting area knowing that a few have very little time left.
I'm sure it is. I don't fault someone for not wanting to go through that. I'm faulting him for some twisted view of Dak because he does it. It's just weird. These Dak discussion always get weird when personal gets involved and not football related.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Anyone who does this is a POS.

Anyone who extorts an innocent person for money is also a POS.

I'm not a Dak fan but I hope these allegations are not true and don't believe they are.
If this doesn't go to court, then I'd agree she is a POS.

The reality is anyone who files charges needs to be taken seriously.

That said, would this just become a civil matter if no charges are filed?

The woman's lawyers (if they were good) should have went over all the options and directions this could go once they sent that letter off with their client (particularly asking for 100 million dollars).

Will be curious to see how this plays out, but one thing I have learned is never to pass judgement UNTIL it plays out in court.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn guilty until proven innocent? Crazy…..

I’ll say this….typically guys or athletes or celebs pay to keep this stuff from making the news. You definitely don’t counter sue and waste money going to trial.
Agreed. DAk is at present innocent. And, just because you "settled" doesn't mean you are guilty.

Some people would rather pay the ransom than drag everyone/family through the muck.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure it is. I don't fault someone for not wanting to go through that. I'm faulting him for some twisted view of Dak because he does it. It's just weird. These Dak discussion always get weird when personal gets involved and not football related.
Not sure why are you are fighting so HARD to not let "personal" get involved. This is what happens to big time celebrities. It's just human nature and happens to a LOT of people, not just Dak..he doesn't need or care about your...protection.

It's the price to be paid for their other blessings...and there's nothing you can do about it.

1942willys

Reaction score

The woman's lawyers (if they were good) should have went over all the options and directions this could go once they sent that letter off with their client (particularly asking for 100 million dollars).

Will be curious to see how this plays out, but one thing I have learned is never to pass judgement UNTIL it plays out in court.
and our court system is so believable?

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Granted, there is no statute of limitations on SA crimes; Kudos to all victims of this type of crime who come forward to seek justice. **However, the burden of proof is on the victim.. "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove". Due to the seriousness of this allegation, I'll refrain from giving my opinion on if Dak's innocent or guilty; Like the saying goes, there are three sides to every story: Her side, His side and the TRUTH.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed. DAk is at present innocent. And, just because you "settled" doesn't mean you are guilty.

Some people would rather pay the ransom than drag everyone/family through the muck.
Ehh....I don't know about that. Someone accuses me of sexual assault I'm not settling anything.

kevm3

Reaction score
If she's proven to have fabricated this, she needs to go to prison.

This is something that can completely ruin lives in destruction of reputation, job loss and it also undermines real victims.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure why are you are fighting so HARD to not let "personal" get involved. This is what happens to big time celebrities. It's just human nature and happens to a LOT of people, not just Dak..he doesn't need or care about your...protection.

It's the price to be paid for their other blessings...and there's nothing you can do about it.
I'm just stating my opinion like everyone else in this thread. If you can't handle it .....not sure what to tell you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If she's proven to have fabricated this, she needs to go to prison.

This is something that can completely ruin lives in destruction of reputation, job loss and it also undermines real victims.
Precisely. That what i was just telling tough guys that wanna fight it. Still might get found guilty. Then what?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

If no charges are filed, it become strictly a civil matter. Should the police or D.A. have any reasonable belief that a crime was committed against the woman, a criminal investigation can be launched, charges or no charges. This is not common though. However, the police may investigate anyway, because it there is no evidence of sexual assault, the D.A. may look into extortion charges, as this is a high profile case, given the accused. It really depends on the individual LEO's and DA.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What if he did it?
I know youre a blind shill for Dak and Jones but keep your mouth shut until the court decides
You piece of filth, you have no idea how badly such lying women have affected and damaged men and their families. It's easy for you to act all tough and **** since it's (false rape accusation) never happened to you or your loved ones. You have no idea how destructive such an accusation is on one's personal life, their family and profession. If Dak truly committed such an act, why did it take 8 years for this woman to say something about it? I seriously doubt it's true. Believe it or not, there are lots of vindictive women who prey on men for an easy buck without having a second thought about what damage they can commit because they know how to play the system which does absolutely nothing to punish lying women. Absolutely, everyone needs to wait for it to be played out in the courts, but who are you to question me or anyone else for mentioning the fact how there are some bad women out there? It's clear you hate Dak and the Jones family, so what are you doing still following this team? Looks like the problem is you. Get your priorities straight, go follow another team and you'd better think twice next time about telling anyone to keep their mouth shut on social media.