Video: Every Carry From Ezekiel Elliott vs. Seahawks

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Let's wait until the regular season.

Some young kid from Seattle I've never heard of, named Christine Michael, had even a better game last night, statistically.

I hate handing out nick-names for pre-season performances.

Wait a minute, you're comparing stats of a guy vs. our cupcake defense vs. that of a guy versus the best defense in the nfl?!

L O L

conner01

Reaction score
Physical is the word.

Dak, Dez and Zeke future triplets
Physical with attitude and that attitude is infectious. He also had great speed for his size. Getting the edge in the nfl is tough and against the Seahawks even tougher and he did. I remember Murray had a little attitude and the oline fed off it, Zeke has that and it's going to be fun to watch

chicago JK

Reaction score
Another Emmittish quality is that where there is absolutely nothing there, he can still get 2 or 3 yards. That makes a big difference over the course of a game, as will his receiving and blocking skills. Gotta love this kid.

Yes. Last year was a mess without a QB but I am in the strong opinion we really missed the power running back. Any QB really is helped when you can consistently be in 2nd and 5 and 3rd and 1 or 2. It is especially helpful when you have an offense who can make big plays in the passing game. It just gives you many more chances to make big plays.

Last year the offense was in way too many 2nd and 9's and 3rd and 6 situations. What attracted me to Zeke is his ability to get the most out of his runs. I think both Zeke and Morris will be able to get the extra yard or two on a lot of runs. Those add up over the course of a game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's wait until the regular season.

Some young kid from Seattle I've never heard of, named Christine Michael, had even a better game last night, statistically.

I hate handing out nick-names for pre-season performances.
You've never heard of Christine Michael???

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Seattle was looking to test Romo's collarbone on that one play. Those guys were not playing preseason football.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Physical with attitude and that attitude is infectious. He also had great speed for his size. Getting the edge in the nfl is tough and against the Seahawks even tougher and he did. I remember Murray had a little attitude and the oline fed off it, Zeke has that and it's going to be fun to watch
Great example with Murray

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed Jackson with several good blocks.
Especially in the 4th quarter he started finding a groove in pass protection. Very excited about his potential.

Mcfadden and his fans were holding on to the fact that he could pass block. I think Zeke and Jackson showed they are capable. Not only that Zeke, Morris, Jackson and Dunbar can catch.....Jackson and Dunbar play special teams....Zeke, Morris and Jackson look like work horse backs. They all have speed.......I see no reason to keep Mcfadden especially after last night's game

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
If anyone still thinks Alfred should get half the workload... Well then you're completely clueless.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Especially in the 4th quarter he started finding a groove in pass protection. Very excited about his potential.

Mcfadden and his fans were holding on to the fact that he could pass block. I think Zeke and Jackson showed they are capable. Not only that Zeke, Morris, Jackson and Dunbar can catch.....Jackson and Dunbar play special teams....Zeke, Morris and Jackson look like work horse backs. They all have speed.......I see no reason to keep Mcfadden especially after last night's game
I like McFadden, but he's not really a good fit if he is the 3rd or 4th RB because of the special teams issue.

Jackson actually reminds me of McFadden, but he is younger, cheaper, plays special teams and is probably less injury prone.

I would consider keeping McFadden on the NFI if that is possible; however, he would get paid while on the NFI. I don't think his salary is guaranteed for the season if he starts on the NFI. His cap hit for the full year is 2.15M with only a 100K hit if he is released before the season. He has a 500k roster bonus. I don't know if he qualifies for the bonus while on the NFI.

It is too bad there is not really any trade value with McFadden, because he proved that he can be a decent starting RB in the right situation.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I like McFadden, but he's not really a good fit if he is the 3rd or 4th RB because of the special teams issue.

Jackson actually reminds me of McFadden, but he is younger, cheaper, plays special teams and is probably less injury prone.

I would consider keeping McFadden on the NFI if that is possible; however, he would get paid while on the NFI. I don't think his salary is guaranteed for the season if he starts on the NFI. His cap hit for the full year is 2.15M with only a 100K hit if he is released before the season. He has a 500k roster bonus. I don't know if he qualifies for the bonus while on the NFI.

It is too bad there is not really any trade value with McFadden, because he proved that he can be a decent starting RB in the right situation.

On one of the podcasts they were saying the Cowboys could save something like 800k if he's on NFI. Might have been Mickey, so take it for what it's worth.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On one of the podcasts they were saying the Cowboys could save something like 800k if he's on NFI. Might have been Mickey, so take it for what it's worth.
He would have to agree to stay on NFI because if he says he is ready to play they could get in trouble for keeping him on NFI.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Don't have a problem with McFadden but he is over rated by some on this board especially since we have 3 guys that are younger, faster and better then he is. Not to mention the insane potential they have, just think about it all 3 (Zeke, Morris and Jackson) can all improve

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thing is Zeke only played the 1st qrt and most great backs are only getting warmed up in the 1st qrt and get stronger over the course of the game. The 4 and 5 yard runs start turning into much bigger gains.

Kaiser

Reaction score

He may have trade value, especially if some team has an injury. He wasn't great but he was solid last year and that has value. its crazy that even after last year you have posters calling him garbage. If Robert Turbin is our starting RB last year we would have lost every game by 30 points.

I have the same concerns about it, I don't see him as a 3rd back because I think he is the kind of guy that needs a certain number of carries to be effective. Add to that his salary and Jackson looking good and I think he is traded or PUP'ed.

At this point I think the best option is to see if you get a good trade offer and if not, leave him on the PUP for six weeks to see if you need him for Game 7. Positions like RB can go from a strength to a weakness in a hurry and I want the insurance.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Don't have a problem with McFadden but he is over rated by some on this board especially since we have 3 guys that are younger, faster and better then he is. Not to mention the insane potential they have, just think about it all 3 (Zeke, Morris and Jackson) can all improve

Alfred Morris has so much "insane potential" that Washington didn't bother resigning him.

2much2soon

Reaction score
He looked pretty fast to me. Been a while since we had a guy who could get to the edge and turn the corner like that.
Me too.
He outflanked a defense known for its speed, turned the corner on them, and got 10 yards in a burst up the sideline.
Seattle has made a living stopping most RBs for a two yard loss on that exact same play/scenario.
I think he frightened some arrogant, a-hole seahawks defenders by the time he left the field. I like that. A lot.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
lol at all the people here saying Morris should be the week 1 starter just a few days ago. Morris is a great guy and solid backup but Zeke will be getting 20+ touches a game.

Morris was very impressive last week, but Elliot showed some of the qualities last night that got him drafted #4 overall. If he is healthy and fit, you give him the ball 18-20 times a game.

You can still get Morris 7-10 carries each game