Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Waaaa....waaaaaa...waaaa...how many excuses do you have for him in every other critical game he blew? Tell me about 2012, in the last game of the season when we were playing the Washington Commanders for a spot in the playoffs.

JG catches a lot of flak for not getting it done but remind me who threw 3 INT’s and 2 TD’s that game. I’ll give you a clue, it wasn’t JG. Who completed only 20 of 37 passes? Here’s another hint, it wasn’t JG. Who threw the final INT on the final drive to give the Commanders the win? Final clue, it wasn’t JG. Do you need more clues?

Then we have Dak, one playoff game under his belt in which they almost beat a healthy AR (not gimped up AR like Romo faced), had a 103.2 QBR and threw 3 TD’s and one INT. If I didn’t know any better I would think the way some of you coddle Romo that the stats for Dak and Romo would be the other way around yet you continue the love affair with Romo and spew excuses for him every chance you get while bashing Dak. Oh yeah, Dak did this his ROOKIE year as well. Hate on Homer.
Bump

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't know what was worse, the god awful ball placement or the reads. Over the middle he threw into triple coverage often. He would throw on gos without even looking nevermind that the CB was on top of the route. I saw balls high, low, too far in front, behind.

Yeah Dez dropped some balls but when you never know what you are going to get I can understand some mental lapses. There is a reason why coaches champion consistency.

And the narrator was spot on about how Dak needs to be called out for throwing Dez under the bus. Dez does not need the ball on his faceplate. Dak needs to quit throwing the ball all over the place.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dez Bryant had 9 drops in 2012. He had 92 receptions so of he targets he caught and dropped (101) he dropped 8.9% of them. That’s with Romo as QB.

In 2017, he is credited with 6 drops and he had 69 receptions. So he dropped 8% of those targets.

Was Romo blamed for Dez dropping so many passes in 2012?

If a WR drops a pass, that’s on the WR.

Reactions: G2

Romonater

Reaction score
It's going to be absolutely hilarious when we get rid of Dez and he blows up in New England or Seattle. The same
people saying "WE NEED TO GET RID OF DEZ" will be the same people saying "I TOLD YOU DEZ WAS STILL ELITE"

Anyone with a pair of eyes can tell you that Dez was not always at fault. In fact, most of it was due to bad play by Prescott. The difference is, I believe, Prescott is genuinely a nice, down to earth guy. Bryant is loud, and he is somewhat of an easy target. Despite his injury in 16, Bryant was magnificent the last two months of the seasons and in the playoff game. The QB just needs to play better. Beasley, Bryant suddenly didnt forget how to play WR.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
full

Well well well. Just like I have been saying for weeks now. This QB is not close to being a franchise QB. Look at the ball placement. Disgusting.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
People will watch this video and still conclude that Dez is the problem. It will be a monumental mistake to assume we already have found our QB. Draft another one, open competition, play Rush in the preseason with the starters.
Trust me, the number of uncatchable balls directly effected the number of drops.
I don't know what was worse, the god awful ball placement or the reads. Over the middle he threw into triple coverage often. He would throw on gos without even looking nevermind that the CB was on top of the route. I saw balls high, low, too far in front, behind.

Yeah Dez dropped some balls but when you never know what you are going to get I can understand some mental lapses. There is a reason why coaches champion consistency.

And the narrator was spot on about how Dak needs to be called out for throwing Dez under the bus. Dez does not need the ball on his faceplate. Dak needs to quit throwing the ball all over the place.
These are the best posts in this thread. Nothing else needs to be said.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Dez's catch % the last 3 years. But, I'm sure that's all on the QB's (and, you can't blame Dak for the 43.1 - that was 2015). And, I don't want to hear that "he was hurt in 2015" crap.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Ball placement is awful on most of those throws. Dak has to improve.
He's still young and he has to improve his footwork big time.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Glad to see you did not watch the video and instead regurgitated the arguments the video is arguing against.

1st, when I attempted to watch the video, it was blocked. Then, common sense took over. Yes, Dak was NOT good last year - he’s even admitted he had some terrible moments. But, this crew of posters that love to pin EVERYTHING WRONG with the offense on Dak are getting more ridiculous by the day. This absurd notion that Dez HASN’T had drop issues the last 2-3 years is amusing - as is the fact that many of that same crew of posters love to crap on former NFL guys when they themselves call out Dez for his performance. I mean, what would they know......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
1st, when I attempted to watch the video, it was blocked. Then, common sense took over. Yes, Dak was NOT good last year - he’s even admitted he had some terrible moments. But, this crew of posters that love to pin EVERYTHING WRONG with the offense on Dak are getting more ridiculous by the day. This absurd notion that Dez HASN’T had drop issues the last 2-3 years is amusing - as is the fact that many of that same crew of posters love to crap on former NFL guys when they themselves call out Dez for his performance. I mean, what would they know......

White knighting for Dak much? The youtube was blocked on from embedding on other sites. You can see it on youtube.

No one is saying that Dez was free from blame. Nonetheless Dak in his throws to Dez made consistently poor reads and innaccurate throws.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Visual evidence was given in op but u decided to keep your head buried in Daks jock. SMH

See Willie, that’s where you, Khalidi, Risen, etc....lose your argument. I’ve said Dak was bad in quite a few games last year. But, reading y’alls BS, you would think that Dak had led Dallas to 2 straight losing seasons and that he is the ONLY thing keeping Dez from his yellow jacket in Canton. Or, that Dak has been terrible in every game since he came into the league. Or, that Dak was the reason Dallas lost 2 home games when they scored 30+ points. I’m sure I could go on.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dez Bryant had 9 drops in 2012. He had 92 receptions so of he targets he caught and dropped (101) he dropped 8.9% of them. That’s with Romo as QB.

In 2017, he is credited with 6 drops and he had 69 receptions. So he dropped 8% of those targets.

Was Romo blamed for Dez dropping so many passes in 2012?

If a WR drops a pass, that’s on the WR.

Depends. Have to look at each individual drop.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There is hope for this fanbase. The Dez Sux crowd was active and vocal.

This video is indisputable.

Yes, Dez dropped some balls. It's unfortunate but part in parcel of being WR. That said, Dak is not remotely as accomplished/talented a passer as Romo. That's just factual.

This isn't Romo vs. Dak. This is about a fanbase expecting Dez to produce at the same level he was with Romo and being shocked when it doesn't happen.

DuDa

Reaction score
I think fans are being over sensitive on both sides. Let’s just all agree that the Dak-Dez connection is not working and that something needs to change. It is the teams job to figure out the why and what to do moving forward.