Video: Fair and balanced analysis of Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BigCowboysHomer, Jun 12, 2019.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,291 Messages
    55,655 Likes Received

It doesn't explain why those young QB's aren't sitting atop all of those lists.

No, they're not. Here are the actual, unfudged, numbers:

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_3=2018&player_id3=PresDa01&idx=players

Sorry, the guy you're attempting to minimize has only been in the league 3 years.

Anyone else seeing this? The blatant hypocrisy being clearly shown here?

Someone who says that "using a 3 year sample size is foolhardy" and then trying to use a 1 year (2018) "sample size"?

You're just making things look worse and worse for you. You should just let it go and quit while you're behind.

2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,048 Messages
    41,792 Likes Received
    2018 Passer Rating table for Passes in the middle third of the field (All Distances).

Scotman likes this.
  3. xwalker

43,048 Messages
    41,792 Likes Received

Scotman and Techsass like this.
  4. xwalker

43,048 Messages
    41,792 Likes Received
    He said "rookie to 3rd year QB".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/to

5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

49,030 Messages
    16,289 Likes Received
    Yeah. He's neither a rookie nor a third your QB. I appreciate the webster link but not sure what it is I should be looking up. I know what rookie means and I know what a 3rd year QB is.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  6. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

3,472 Messages
    3,046 Likes Received
    I have no idea what those numbers mean. I see a 15 on the outer edge, is that yards down field? And what are the numbers in the bubbles?

7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

29,838 Messages
    12,149 Likes Received
    He's yet to play his fourth year so all this is being based on a 3rd year qb.

8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

49,030 Messages
    16,289 Likes Received
    The Season has already started. He's not a third year QB. He's a 4th year QB but whatever, I don't believe that I need a dictionary to help me understand the difference. He's not a third year guy.

9. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

9,383 Messages
    3,684 Likes Received
    I have put in too much work to no avail for the day fanatics and dad lovers alike.... they are helpless...no hypocrisy, I have done on 10 different occasions....not about to do it an eleventh time...no hypocrisy except whomever is remaining DakLovers is helpless cause. waste of time. they will believe what they will. that's what love does. it blinds you.

good luck with whatever it is your are trying to prove.

10. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

9,383 Messages
    3,684 Likes Received
    still meaningless drivel.... you are either a rookie or you are not...you are not a rookie TO a 3rd year QB.... you are either a 3rd year QB or you are not...

smh!!

11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

29,838 Messages
    12,149 Likes Received
    His performance to date is from up to his 3rd year.

12. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

13,931 Messages
    16,849 Likes Received
    I liked how the commenter prescribed the same thing for Dak that's currently being tried.

Here's hoping all of that work they're doing for stretching his passing abilities goes well.

13. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

20,323 Messages
    12,871 Likes Received
    Aikman certainly didn't mean that QB's cant improve from college with accuracy. Not his intention at all.

By more of the same what do you mean? Pro bowls, playoffs, clutch QB play, game wining drives? That sort of thing?

Dak does NOT have an accuracy problem. That has been overblown. What he has needed to work on was accuracy in certain situations when he is pressured and his mechanics have come into play. Or you could say consistency.

Part of the problem was also anticipation and comfort with who he is throwing to.

14. CowboyRoy

20,323 Messages
    12,871 Likes Received
    Hes made the pro bowl twice in 3 years. So which pro bowl season are you referring to?

It doesn't mean anything to a troll like you because it doesn't suit your agenda.

QB rating, winning seasons, playoffs, playoff wins, leading the NFL in game winning drives the past 3 years? Does any of that mean anything troll?

Agenda?

Tissues?

15. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

9,371 Messages
    5,247 Likes Received
    I think Dak and Elliot slid backwards in 2017, started poorly in 2018, and then got better as they went along, then amari
    motivated whole team, and they won what 6 games in a row.
    So to me Dak went backwards with cowboy coaching. Maybe now he will actually start to go forward again.
    But as with any QB , coaching matters, the other players matter, motivation matters, Dak cant do a lot better all on his own,
    would be nice to have help from coaches and team mates.

16. CowboyRoy

20,323 Messages
    12,871 Likes Received
    There is no backwards buddy. For the most part, players don't go backwards unless its injury. It has happened, but not typically. And certainly NOT players like zeke and Dak. Now getting old, sure.

Its pretty obvious what happened. Clear as day. The Oline went south, receivers were bad the first half of the year.

17. Number1

Number1 Well-Known Member

1,281 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    yes it

who's the last NFL team to flip 6 O starters in an off season and make to the playoffs? other than the 2018 Boys that is?

18. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

24,110 Messages
    16,040 Likes Received
    Still a stupid thing to say regardless of how you meant it. Stick to football.

19. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,512 Messages
    11,931 Likes Received
    First off, this analysis is good. He's a college QB on a DIV III team.

Second, he made a solid take. Now compare that to Aikman's analysis of Dak's accuracy and they're both similar. Scary! Aikman scaled back his remarks in a few weeks after making them though.

Bottom line....Dak's a winner. He has the brains and the ability to be an NFL QB, and he's proven so. According to news from OTAs he's hitting the open receivers majority-of-the-time.

20. xwalker

43,048 Messages
    41,792 Likes Received
    No, the phrase "rookie to 3rd year QBs" is not the same as "rookie 3rd year QBs".

Correct Sentence:
    "Most rookie to 3rd year QBs improve as they get more experience."

Incorrect Sentence:
    "Most rookie 3rd year QBs improve as they get more experience."