Favorite quotes

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue".

-Barry Goldwater.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves"

-Sir Winston Churchill.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it".

-Ronald Reagan.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
"The Road to Easy Street runs through the sewer" -John Madden

My life quote...

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I'm not an American! I am a Canadian. I come from a "nice", thoroughly unrealistic country.
--Matthew Fisher

The beaver, which has come to represent Canada as the eagle does the United States and the lion Britain, is a flat-tailed, slow-witted, toothy rodent known to bite off it's own testicles or to stand under its own falling trees.
--June Callwood

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
This has always been one of my favorites

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."
- Thomas Jefferson

As is this one, often heard these days...

"End the Fed!"
- Ron Paul

This quote is sincere and to the point...

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company

This is one of my least favorite, but it's very telling of the America we live in today... (Rockefeller is a founding member of the CFR, most politicians are CFR members)

“Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
- David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405

Now how is this guy rubbing elbows with Presidents when, if any American should be, then it should be he who is considered a "terrorist threat"?

A good one to end on...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
“Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter. I’m amphibious.” – Charles Shackleford

couchscout

Reaction score
Quote that changed my life...saw it on a wall a little tiny tire repair shop.

"The only real disability in life is a bad attitude"

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
" live life without regret. If you have regrets it is either because you have not accepted your mistakes, or won't move past them to learn from them" .

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4400141 said:
" live life without regret. If you have regrets it is either because you have not accepted your mistakes, or won't move past them to learn from them" .

Wow, most of us could use this one. And also nice quote CS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4399472 said:
"The Road to Easy Street runs through the sewer" -John Madden

My life quote...

Another one from Madden

"Don't worry if the horse is blind just load the wagon" :laugh2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
What you do today is very important as you are exchanging a day of your life for it
- Unknown

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan

People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing
- Will Rogers

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4399783 said:
I'm not an American! I am a Canadian. I come from a "nice", thoroughly unrealistic country.
--Matthew Fisher

The beaver, which has come to represent Canada as the eagle does the United States and the lion Britain, is a flat-tailed, slow-witted, toothy rodent known to bite off it's own testicles or to stand under its own falling trees.
--June Callwood

that is so cute

did it make you feel better?

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
Strentgth does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Personally, I hold that a man, who deliberately and intelligently takes a pledge and then breaks it, forfeits his manhood.

Practice as if you are the worst, perform as if you are the best.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

All quotes ---- Mahatma Gandhi.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
SC Cowboyfan;4400812 said:
Strentgth does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Personally, I hold that a man, who deliberately and intelligently takes a pledge and then breaks it, forfeits his manhood.

Practice as if you are the worst, perform as if you are the best.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

All quotes ---- Mahatma Gandhi.

I like that one, will have to use it on CCF Jr re his hockey.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4400680 said:
that is so cute

did it make you feel better?

I have to admit I got a chuckle out of it. But nothing personal, ok?