Favre vs. Bledsoe

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Superpunk, faster than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in single bound, capable of bailing out a defeated moderator with a single unscientific poll. . . .

Oh, but you are unbiased, no?

I'd rate your opinion on this matter slightly higher than a mentally challenged person.

superpunk

Reaction score
Superpunk, faster than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in single bound, capable of bailing out a defeated moderator with a single unscientific poll. . . .

How is MY poll any less scientific than this one? Is it because MY poll is on a neutral fan site, and isn't putting out the results that YOU wanted? Because you certainly seem to have a hard-on for THIS poll. By all accounts, I have a much higher opinion of Bledsoe than Hostile does, and I care less about bailing anyone out than I do shutting up mindless Bledsoe worshippers.

Reaction score
superpunk said:
How is MY poll any less scientific than this one? Is it because MY poll is on a neutral fan site, and isn't putting out the results that YOU wanted? Because you certainly seem to have a hard-on for THIS poll. By all accounts, I have a much higher opinion of Bledsoe than Hostile does, and I care less about bailing anyone out than I do shutting up mindless Bledsoe worshippers.

I never said this one was scientific, I have merely been using this poll as a vehicle through which to pummel Hostile's silly beliefs regarding the relative quality of Favre and Bledsoe into the ground.

I too just started a poll over the buffalobills.com. Lots of Bledsoe haters and lovers over there, should be interesting.

superpunk

Reaction score
I never said this one was scientific, I have merely been using this poll as a vehicle through which to pummel Hostile's silly beliefs regarding the relative quality of Favre and Bledsoe into the ground.

I too just started a poll over the buffalobills.com. Lots of Bledsoe haters and lovers over there, should be interesting.

Brilliant. Go to another site that has clear ties to Bledsoe.

The only thing getting pummeled into the ground is our impression of you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
He keeps forgetting that in the thread where we first butted heads I said I wouldn't want Favre this year, even though I admit he's the overall better QB and would be more fun to watch.

That's what makes this all so funny. He's convinced that this AZ windmill is a giant and he's purring Rocinante for all it's worth.

It's the vision of Bledsoe as Dulcinea that has me shuddering.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He keeps forgetting that in the thread where we first butted heads I said I wouldn't want Favre this year, even though I admit he's the overall better QB and would be more fun to watch.

So basically...panties in a bunch because you don't bow down at the altar of the deadly downfield assassin known as....."Bledstudsoe!!!!!!" ?

Never caught that thread. Busy building concrete forms for my backyard all weekend.

That's what makes this all so funny. He's convinced that this AZ windmill is a giant and he's purring Rocinante for all it's worth.

It's the vision of Bledsoe as Dulcinea that has me shuddering.

I don't know what any of that means, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Dulcinea is very familiar, seems like I learned that somewhere.

:puke:learning

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
So basically...panties in a bunch because you don't bow down at the altar of the deadly downfield assassin known as....."Bledstudsoe!!!!!!" ?

Never caught that thread. Busy building concrete forms for my backyard all weekend.
Oh yeah, what are you building? I'm in construction.

I don't know what any of that means, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Dulcinea is very familiar, seems like I learned that somewhere.

:puke:learning
Reference to Don Quixote. A man of wild imaginations.

Reaction score
superpunk said:

Here is what Hostile ACTUALLY said:

Hostile said:
The only reason Favre's career might be over is that he basically has nothing left to prove. If he decides to walk gently into that good night his legend is made.

Put them on the same team, any team in the NFL, right now. Favre would start over Bledsoe. I'd bet on it every time.

I proved to you that there is very little comparison between the two. Favre is and always has been superior.

So, as you can see, Hostile never tires of changing his story. I'm sure your little poll has him seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but let's not forget -- Hostile was wrong, I was right.:lmao:

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Oh yeah, what are you building? I'm in construction.

Patio, shed, and parking area time. Got it formed up, the concrete's coming on saturday. Then, I get to try my hand at laying some irregular slate tile. Good times. I work at a desk all day, so anytime I can build something outside, I do it. Hooray, outside.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

So, as you can see, Hostile never tires of changing his story. I'm sure your little poll has him seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but let's not forget -- Hostile was wrong, I was right.:lmao:
I'm not denying I said that. I stand by that.

I'm talking about what I said in post 15 of that thread. Go back and look. I said I would not want Favre in Dallas in 2006.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Patio, shed, and parking area time. Got it formed up, the concrete's coming on saturday. Then, I get to try my hand at laying some irregular slate tile. Good times. I work at a desk all day, so anytime I can build something outside, I do it. Hooray, outside.
How many yards is it? You doing the finish or hiring out the whole job?

When I was still working in the field I loved concrete days. Biggest pour I ever straw bossed was about 45 yards of concrete in one shoot.

superpunk

Reaction score

Nothing there has anything to do with their CAREERS.

Red herring?

Sheesh...why do you Bledsoe lovers get a hard-on for moderators, particularly Hostile? Do you like his name THAT much or something?

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
How many yards is it? You doing the finish or hiring out the whole job?

When I was still working in the field I loved concrete days. Biggest pour I ever straw bossed was about 45 yards of concrete in one shoot.

I ordered 10, we'll see if that does the trick. My uncle does finishing, so he's gonna help with the parking area. The rest is just me and my buddy with a 2x10. I did a real good job (if i say so myself) with the forms, they're perfect level, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I don't care about the shed floor, and the patio floor is gonna be covered with slate anyways, so I don't need any real careful finishing.

Before I started doing engineering work, when I was just outta school, I did inspection work on concrete jobs, and earth compaction, doing the old slump tests (maybe called something different in Texas) I'd be on jobs where 150 yards were coming a day. Almost too fast to test, LOL.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I ordered 10, we'll see if that does the trick. My uncle does finishing, so he's gonna help with the parking area. The rest is just me and my buddy with a 2x10. I did a real good job (if i say so myself) with the forms, they're perfect level, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I don't care about the shed floor, and the patio floor is gonna be covered with slate anyways, so I don't need any real careful finishing.

Before I started doing engineering work, when I was just outta school, I did inspection work on concrete jobs, and earth compaction, doing the old slump tests (maybe called something different in Texas) I'd be on jobs where 150 yards were coming a day. Almost too fast to test, LOL.
I always wanted to do pours that big. Pay the extra :money: for a pump if you can afford it. Beats shoveling, wheel barrowing, & screeding that heavy crap every which way.

10 is big enough. Do you order the concrete with fiberglass fibers? It makes them stronger and is cheap.

Drink lots of water. Lotion for the hands. Concrete dries the hands out real bad.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Nothing there has anything to do with their CAREERS.

Red herring?

Sheesh...why do you Bledsoe lovers get a hard-on for moderators, particularly Hostile? Do you like his name THAT much or something?
That's my fault actually, not his. I enjoy the joking around when silly assumptions are thrown out.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I always wanted to do pours that big. Pay the extra :money: for a pump if you can afford it. Beats shoveling, wheel barrowing, & screeding that heavy crap every which way.

10 is big enough. Do you order the concrete with fiberglass fibers? It makes them stronger and is cheap.

Drink lots of water. Lotion for the hands. Concrete dries the hands out real bad.

Yeah, they recommended the fiberglass.

Not sure what you mean by pump. They just told me that they were gonna drive through my yard and pour straight from a chute. But if a pump exists, that will save my yard from 6 inch deep treads, I'm all about it!!! Lemme know.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Yeah, they recommended the fiberglass.

Not sure what you mean by pump. They just told me that they were gonna drive through my yard and pour straight from a chute. But if a pump exists, that will save my yard from 6 inch deep treads, I'm all about it!!! Lemme know.
With the chute you still have to move a lot of concrete. The pump allows them to basically get it almost level as the go. Screeding is 100 times easier.

They dump via chute into the pump, then the pump has 4 or 5 inch lines that pump it right to where it is needed.

It is a wetter sump, but that also makes tamping and screeding easier.

Ask, trust me.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
This is to settle something. To those tired of the topic, my apologies.

Compare the careers of Favre & Bledsoe. Considering their respective careers, how would you describe your assessment of them head to head?

Farve is a winner and Bledsoe is underachiever. Farve makes a team better and Bledsoe held the Pats and Bills back. With the personnel we had last year, Farve would have gotten us to the playoffs even though he threw more ints.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I agree, it isn't even close.

For Bledsoe to equal what Favre has done if Favre were to retire right now, Bledsoe would have to do the following in his next 37 games.

53,615 yards for Favre, 43,447 yards for Bledsoe. That's a difference of 10,168 yards.

Bledsoe for the next 37 games would have to average 274.8 yards passing per game.

396 TD passes for Favre, 244 for Bledsoe. That's a difference of 152 TDs.

Bledsoe would have to average 4.1 TD passes per game for the next 37 games to equal Favre. Uh, that's 65 per year.

To me, it isn't even close and this isn't even taking into consideration Favre has much better rushing success.

Great points all. I don't see how anyone except the most ardent homer would prefer Bledsoe over Farve. Also, Bledsoe's winning percentage is around 50 percent, that's pretty pedestrian.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Great points all. I don't see how anyone except the most ardent homer would prefer Bledsoe over Farve. Also, Bledsoe's winning percentage is around 50 percent, that's pretty pedestrian.
The Apocolypse is upon us. I never thought you and I would agree on QBs.