Favre vs. Bledsoe

NorTex

Reaction score
Favre has had FIVE seasons with more than 20 INTs, 4 of those seasons were 23 or more INTs. And who can forget the 29 picks he threw last year!

Bledsoe has only had TWO seasons of 20+ INTs: 27 INTs in his 2nd year and 21 INTs in '99.

Why does Favre always seem to get a free pass...its mind boggling.:bang2:

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
I've tried every which way to find 60% for Bledsoe....to no avail.

Favre is in a different league when it comes to QB's. He's up there with the greats. A nailed on HOFer.

I'm not one for stats, but one that does do it for me is....

The NFL's only three-time MVP (1995-97)

Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:
I've tried every which way to find 60% for Bledsoe....to no avail.

Favre is in a different league when it comes to QB's. He's up there with the greats. A nailed on HOFer.

I'm not one for stats, but one that does do it for me is....

The NFL's only three-time MVP (1995-97)

I think a lot of people are confused as to why I keep saying 60% are siding with me, let me try to clear it up:

My belief is that Brett Favre was never more than slightly better than Bledsoe. I voted for "Favre slightly better" in this poll. Hostile contends that Favre is to Bledsoe what Dom Perignon is to Schlitz. In another poll, 85% of respondants said they would choose Bledsoe over Favre for 2006. Hostile said that the overwhelming majority of people understand that Favre was not only far better than Bledsoe could ever hope to be, but he went on to contend that most NFL GM's and head coaches would choose Favre over Bledsoe right now, in 2006. I know, it's ridiculous, but that is what he said.

So, when I say that 60% agree with me I am being 100% accurate. In this poll (almost) 60% of the respondants said Bledsoe was, for his career better than Favre, equal to Favre, or only slightly worse. Only 42% agreed with Hostile that Favre is in a different league than Bledstudsoe.

Is that clear now. I'm not being sarcastic, I really do want people to understand. I realize the math is a bit hard to get one's head around.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
I think a lot of people are confused as to why I keep saying 60% are siding with me, let me try to clear it up:

My belief is that Brett Favre was never more than slightly better than Bledsoe. I voted for "Favre slightly better" in this poll. Hostile contends that Favre is to Bledsoe what Dom Perignon is to Schlitz. In another poll, 85% of respondants said they would choose Bledsoe over Favre for 2006. Hostile said that the overwhelming majority of people understand that Favre was not only far better than Bledsoe could ever hope to be, but he went on to contend that most NFL GM's and head coaches would choose Favre over Bledsoe right now, in 2006. I know, it's ridiculous, but that is what he said.

So, when I say that 60% agree with me I am being 100% accurate. In this poll (almost) 60% of the respondants said Bledsoe was, for his career better than Favre, equal to Favre, or only slightly worse. Only 42% agreed with Hostile that Favre is in a different league than Bledstudsoe.

Is that clear now. I'm not being sarcastic, I really do want people to understand. I realize the math is a bit hard to get one's head around.

You mean, according to the statistics voted on at a DALLAS COWBOY MESSAGE BOARD.....

Because, clearly.....if you want unbiased comments/votes, you'd poll a Cowboy forum on this one.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm gonna post the exact same poll on a NFL message board. One that has fans of MANY different teams. I'll link it up once it's run it's course.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage said:
You mean, according to the statistics voted on at a DALLAS COWBOY MESSAGE BOARD.....

Because, clearly.....if you want unbiased comments/votes, you'd poll a Cowboy forum on this one.
Tried to tell him that. It's also obvious by some of the responses that people voted right now only, not career vs. career.

It doesn't matter in the long run. It's nowhere near the 85% for Bledsoe he and his 2 cronies claimed. That is crystal clear.

BTW, I asked him for one comment by any GM, HC or NFL pundit that has Bledsoe anywhere near Favre career vs. career. Not even a single response.

Reaction score
Vintage said:

Maybe I'm giving people here too much credit, but think the overwhelming majority of voters here are capable of putting homerism aside (maybe we should start another poll;) ). After all, it would appear there is at least a small chance Favre may become available. I would think that if people actually thought he was better than Bledsoe they would clammoring for JJ make it happen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I'm gonna post the exact same poll on a NFL message board. One that has fans of MANY different teams. I'll link it up once it's run it's course.
Make sure you bold career vs. career.

I didn't do that. Bad move on my part.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Tried to tell him that. It's also obvious by some of the responses that people voted right now only, not career vs. career.

It doesn't matter in the long run. It's nowhere near the 85% for Bledsoe he and his 2 cronies claimed. That is crystal clear.

BTW, I asked him for one comment by any GM, HC or NFL pundit that has Bledsoe anywhere near Favre career vs. career. Not even a single response.

Oh my, will the grasping never end. I never claimed 85% of anybody would say Bledsoe was anything other than the guy for Dallas in 2006. That's what that other poll found. Also, I never claimed any GM, HC, or NFL pundit would say Bledsoe was near Favre either.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:

And even that, regardless of what it says, I would take with a grain of salt.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Maybe I'm giving people here too much credit, but think the overwhelming majority of voters here are capable of putting homerism aside (maybe we should start another poll;) ). After all, it would appear there is at least a small chance Favre may become available. I would think that if people actually thought he was better than Bledsoe they would clammoring for JJ make it happen.

You are giving too much credit to a vast majority of the posters.

I'd estimate around 60% or so.

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:

Grain of salt, sure. But there are fans of all teams on the other forum, and the Cowboys fans, while numerous, are quite level headed. It should be a better indicator, than a strictly Cowboys forum.

Reaction score
Vintage said:

I would too, because everyone knows that Favre, for some unknown reason, has had a free pass from the sports press for his entire career. His reputation in the media is so out of whack with reality it's amazing. Bledsoe, on the other hand, is vastly underrated. Bledsoe is viewed as the guy who lost his job to a 6th rounder. Nevermind that said 6th rounder turned out to be possibly the best QB to ever play the game.

And let me educate some of you as to why Bledsoe was cut in Buffalo. Very simple, really. He was cut in Buffalo because Tom Donahoe was the most incompetent GM in NFL history. When his silly master plan failed miserably, he pinned the failure on Bledsoe. Real scum thing to do, but that was the only way for him to save his job. He got one more year in Buffalo before old Ralph wised up and canned him. One of the all-time screwjobs any player has been subjected to. Notice, it took Parcells about 5 seconds to grab Bledsoe after he was cut.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Grain of salt, sure. But there are fans of all teams on the other forum, and the Cowboys fans, while numerous, are quite level headed. It should be a better indicator, than a strictly Cowboys forum.

Which might not be saying much....

superpunk

Reaction score
First 10 minutes of new poll.

7 votes for Favre has been far superior.

no votes elsewhere.

Reaction score
superpunk said:
First 10 minutes of new poll.

7 votes for Favre has been far superior.

no votes elsewhere.

Superpunk, faster than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in single bound, capable of bailing out a defeated moderator with a single unscientific poll. . . .