Fear the Walking Dead

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Side note: It must be cool for an actor having their character share the same first name as their real name. People call you by the name you recognize without hesitation all day long--whether you're in or out of character.

It must be ULTRA cool for Creed Bratton then. Creed Bratton played Creed Bratton on "The Office"...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm watching the show and it's not doing much for me.

Episode 3 was the best by far.

Episode 4 was another dragger.

But the biggest problem is that I keep getting the "We've seen this before feeling" with the show.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Compared to the walking dead where it's at right now, no question this show intrigues me a lot more.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score

But the biggest problem is that I keep getting the "We've seen this before feeling" with the show.

I liked episode 4. the ending on the roof was very powerful stuff. My problem with the show is I don't really like the characters.

these shows don't work well when you root for the zombies.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this series, but have been bored to tears. The sooner the druggie son dies, the better.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I hear ya....

My approach is (because we have seen the zombie thing plenty of times) .....

Approach is:

It's about the confusion as to what's happening (one part masked by "shooting homeless man for no reason" riot time)

it's about the reveal,

Is about the cure for the reveal... (and getting everything under control) NOT!

They see that army is whacking everyone out side safe zone

A bunch of different false securities and reveals.

The dead guy buried in the yard.... He's gonna be a problem... Lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Why did they take the druggie son at the end of the last episode?

My guesses:

1, they fear is soon to od and die
2. They want to work the junkie/sick angle ... Throw him to zombies... See if they bite lol (brad Pitt wwz)

A bit disappointed they don't explain the bio terrorism origin and point to a group (Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Islamic Jihad, ISIS, etc) that caused the virus to be released in the first place.

As a "what if"... yes.

I don't think they would ever go in that direction (as a show).

Show, no. Agreed.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Compared to the walking dead where it's at right now, no question this show intrigues me a lot more.

it took some getting used to, i must admit and started off slow. the the premise of *how* it started and how they dealt with it at the time is a lot better than "where will we hang out next" the show has really come to be today. however with martial law now being instated and things just going nuts, this series i would agree is getting more interesting and will cover that gap of when rick went into the hospital and came out to a "Dead" world.

starting to come around to it.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
The idiot Dad needs to become a ****** sandwich. In fact everyone but the Barber needs to be snack food.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They seem to be hinting that the military is killing healthy citizens. I would think it is way to early in the epidemic for anyone to turn against the population. I could see where some healthy people could get killed in the confusion or to "put down" someone who is bit but not showing symptoms. But not what they are hinting at.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They seem to be hinting that the military is killing healthy citizens. I would think it is way to early in the epidemic for anyone to turn against the population. I could see where some healthy people could get killed in the confusion or to "put down" someone who is bit but not showing symptoms. But not what they are hinting at.

I think it's already just about out if control and just about to be overrun by walkers. It's just that we are getting slow, play by play.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
seems like now that's it's starting to get interesting and i'm finally giving a damn about some of these characters, it's about time to end the season and bring us back to the walking dead we left with rick killing someone currently in progress.

i just hope we don't do more of the "gosh where will we stay" and "gosh, am i still just killing people"? storylines it's been last few seasons.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I'm watching this, but outside of Kim Dickens and Elizabeth Rodriguez, I'm having a hard time relating to these characters. I love Reuben Blades as an actor, but his character is distracting to me.

Hope that changes...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's slow and boring, it's hard to really like the characters and frankly I don't know if it is the writing or the acting.

But for whatever reason...I keep watching for now. If there were a bunch of other shows I like on Sunday , right now, I probably would have dropped it already.

Stryker44

Reaction score
What's the deal with the black guy in the blazer? Comic relief teaming with the junkie to rule the new world?

Anybody else think the torture was over the top?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's the deal with the black guy in the blazer? Comic relief teaming with the junkie to rule the new world?

Anybody else think the torture was over the top?

Very over the top.

The thing was that this series was suppose to highlight the break-down of society at the start of the epidemic...

And that it did for about 2 episodes.

I think they moved much too quickly through that process. And we're left with "Well you've got a few good people, and a whole bunch you have to watch out for."

Pretty much the same place as with "TWD".

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Very over the top.

The thing was that this series was suppose to highlight the break-down of society at the start of the epidemic...

And that it did for about 2 episodes.

I think they moved much too quickly through that process. And we're left with "Well you've got a few good people, and a whole bunch you have to watch out for."

Pretty much the same place as with "TWD".

I don't understand how long this show can last. It will just be a less interesting Walking Dead all over again, except in California rather than Georgia.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't understand how long this show can last. It will just be a less interesting Walking Dead all over again, except in California rather than Georgia.

The reveal that "cobalt" is the extinguishing of life was big IMO.
The hospital with mayors x was interesting. She is aware of the turn and the bullet to the head.
The junkie and mr suit... I think the suit is in there because he knows more than most...

Agreed. Not sure where they can go?

Kind of like Better call Saul... Lol

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

Well, it's California, so maybe they find a safe zone on the beach where Kim Dickens can wear a bikini while fighting off the zombie hordes.