First impressive Jaylon video

waldoputty

Reaction score
Sorry if you got the impression I was ranting at you. But if Smith is still in the window and he's performing like that with or without the brace (since we can't tell) I am curious as to why some in this thread are up in arms over his progression.

no problem. did you see my make-a-bet thread?
the shape of the response curve was amazing. you got a bell-type curve (centered between a very good starter to a marginal probowler) but then 2 large peaks at the 2 extremes. The pessimistic peak and the generation player peaks on the 2 extremes were HIGHLY unusual for a typical statistic result...

waldoputty

Reaction score
If you cant see that he is able to push off and change direction with fluidity from this video I don't know what to tell you. He isn't limping, or anything of the sort. The physical condition of the knee seems fairly strong.

i dont feel qualified to say much about the video except he looked good and that it appears there must be a decent level of recovery from the foot-drop because he was able to jump up from the trampoline. i dont think that is possible without his foot working ok, and @Doc50 said that was correct...

waldoputty

Reaction score
you know what would be a nice pic and video.
jaylon for a picture next to lee.
for a video, have jaylon and a player do the same drill next to each other

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
As I said, I read other team doctors said the same and removed him from their draft board when he didnt show significant progress quick enough. They arent all quacks. The reality is 13 plus months after the surgery this should not be in question, but it is. Can no longer edit out the second tweet but it really doesnt matter, first one says it all.

It would be silly to base the recovery time for this injury on the first 3 months.

If he was taken off or moved down on some boards, it would have been because of the realization of the extent of his injury, more than just an ACL.

Once the innervation process begins to finalize, progress on complete healing usually accelerates. He may be close to 100% in another 3 months.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
We get nothing from Dr. Cooper and Britt Brown who are his primary care providers and Jaylon has been coached to be coy and evasive. He gives nonanswers like Kellyanne.
I am totally fine with this. Most fans aren't because they selfishly believe they are entitled to any and all information when it is first available. Then they pile on Jerry who has always been the spokesperson of the franchise with lame perjoratives like "Dr. Jerry". It is clear that the instructions to all team officials were to not speak about it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
june 2016
4ac04119d4bf4517be4d677ef1df66fc.jpg

waldoputty

Reaction score
35 is kavon frazier and there is 98
https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtwoakvSnXeOsUl20Rnt82mAHSLiWWivblGjktw8I_O7Zox1tZ

dont know who the other 2 are
usatsi_9283766.jpg

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
That he was taken off some draft boards may or may not have had anything to do with teams' medical opinions of his recoverability. If you're a GM or player personnel guy feeling the heat you're not taking any chances on a guy who may not play until after you are long gone. Basically, only a person secure in his position can afford to take a risk on a redshirt with a draft pick.

vaturkey

Reaction score
LT was a unblockable monster who would literally rip your head off. I think Jaylon doesn't hit like LT based on the tapes I saw from him in college. I do think he and Sean Lee would make an awesome pair of LB's and really upgrade our defense immediately.

waldoputty

Reaction score
LT was a unblockable monster who would literally rip your head off. I think Jaylon doesn't hit like LT based on the tapes I saw from him in college. I do think he and Sean Lee would make an awesome pair of LB's and really upgrade our defense immediately.

Lawrence Taylor – "Lawrence Taylor was a freak of nature. At 6’4” and 230-250 lbs., he ran the 40 yard dash at a time between 4.4 seconds and 4.5 seconds."

Size-wise, very similar.
Jaylon is 6'3" about 240lb (some said heavier) and ran ~4.44.

For comparison, Sean Lee runs 4.71 and Mo runs 4.5

T-RO

Reaction score
Nerve firing or not, he is better at this stage than any of the LB we have not named Sean Lee.

Better at "this stage?" He hasn't even scrimmaged!

Time will tell. He could be a real difference-maker... We'll just have to wait and see.