First impressive Jaylon video

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Fisher likes to post "corrections" to things that fans believe or things that other media have said if he believe that the information if incorrect.

Back in the day, he would point out all of the false information that Skip Bayless reported.

Yes, just pay the subscription fee for the Fish version of the truth!

Sydla

Reaction score
He has been to medical school, I havent, so he knows more than I do. As I said his wasnt the only negative team doctor opinion I read on the subject. Take it FWIW.

Just because he has a med degree doesn't mean we should listen to him. He has enough of a checkered past to be careful listening to what he is saying, especially since he has never treated Smith and never seen his file. He's doctoring from videos.

http://********.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...os-engligence-treatment-junior-seau/83777186/

And again, your 2nd Chao tweet has nothing to do with Smith.

RS12

Reaction score
Just because he has a med degree doesn't mean we should listen to him. He has enough of a checkered past to be careful listening to what he is saying, especially since he has never treated Smith and never seen his file. He's doctoring from videos.

http://********.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...os-engligence-treatment-junior-seau/83777186/

And again, your 2nd Chao tweet has nothing to do with Smith.
Its your right to be optimistic, just like it is my right to be skeptical. FWIW I hope your right.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I can't determine if he has a brace on. His left foot is the one that is the problem.

The AFO devices vary quit a bit. Some of them are low profile enough to fit under those socks that he's wearing (the black socks).

articulating_hinged_afo.png

afo-f-big.jpg

55472101L.JPG

The brace we've seen him wear before was the first one.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Fisher isn't very optimistic about him... you can see it all over his timeline. Meh, not sure if much stock should be put in Fish

How do you get that from that tweet?

He is saying that the Cowboys are measured in their rhetoric. He is speaking about the Cowboys and not Jaylon.

Sydla

Reaction score
Its your right to be optimistic, just like it is my right to be skeptical. FWIW I hope your right.

I have no opined one way or the other. I am neither optimistic or pessimistic.

Just pointing out that you are relying on a tweet from a doctor who has a very checkered past and is trying to diagnose Smith from afar. You'd be wise to not use him as a source.

And for the third time, you haven't deleted out his 2nd tweet where's talking about a UF basketball player, not a Jaylon Smith.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's clearly making progress which is very encouraging. I still have my doubts about a guy performing in a non-controlled environment and having to react full-speed with a drop-foot. But it's only February, so no reason to panic at this point.

RS12

Reaction score
I have no opined one way or the other. I am neither optimistic or pessimistic.

Just pointing out that you are relying on a tweet from a doctor who has a very checkered past and is trying to diagnose Smith from afar. You'd be wise to not use him as a source.

And for the third time, you haven't deleted out his 2nd tweet where's talking about a UF basketball player, not a Jaylon Smith.
As I said, I read other team doctors said the same and removed him from their draft board when he didnt show significant progress quick enough. They arent all quacks. The reality is 13 plus months after the surgery this should not be in question, but it is. Can no longer edit out the second tweet but it really doesnt matter, first one says it all.

Elziegreat83

Reaction score
How do you get that from that tweet?

He is saying that the Cowboys are measured in their rhetoric. He is speaking about the Cowboys and not Jaylon.
Just one of many examples of this nature on his outlook on his timeline. Nothing blatant, but enough subtleties to paint a picture of his outlook. Just sharing what I saw

Sydla

Reaction score
As I said, I read other team doctors said the same and removed him from their draft board when he didnt show significant progress quick enough. They arent all quacks. The reality is 13 plus months after the surgery this should not be in question, but it is. Can no longer edit out the second tweet but it really doesnt matter, first one says it all.

Wait, what? What should be happening after the 13 months?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Wait, what? What should be happening after the 13 months?

Last March/April, Dr. Cooper stated he expected 'full recovery' 9-15 months after surgery. We are in month 13. He would not promise 100% recovery but indicated that Jaylon's type/level of injury often had good prognosis and can be like new after the recovery.

Sydla

Reaction score
Last March/April, Dr. Cooper stated he expected 'full recovery' 9-15 months after surgery. We are in month 13. He would not promise 100% recovery but indicated that Jaylon's type/level of injury often had good prognosis and can be like new after the recovery.

Maybe I am missing something but have we determined yet that he's nowhere close to a full recovery?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something but have we determined yet that he's nowhere close to a full recovery?

we have not determined anything.
i am just saying that jaylon is well within the 9-15 months given to us by his surgeon.

Sydla

Reaction score
we have not determined anything.
i am just saying that jaylon is well within the 9-15 months given to us by his surgeon.

Sorry if you got the impression I was ranting at you. But if Smith is still in the window and he's performing like that with or without the brace (since we can't tell) I am curious as to why some in this thread are up in arms over his progression.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

He's saying that because we are not sure that it means something. All it really means is that we are operating under very limited access.

We get nothing from Dr. Cooper and Britt Brown who are his primary care providers and Jaylon has been coached to be coy and evasive. He gives nonanswers like Kellyanne.

Verdict

Reaction score
i cannot tell what is cutting at a high level.
what i can tell is he made a one-handed catch...

If you cant see that he is able to push off and change direction with fluidity from this video I don't know what to tell you. He isn't limping, or anything of the sort. The physical condition of the knee seems fairly strong.