First impressive Jaylon video

esloan

Reaction score
I can sum up my thoughts on Jaylon and this video thusly:

• I have loved the kid ever since I saw the video from when he was drafted. His emotions at being drafted that high showed that he was cognizant of the risk we took in taking him that high and it was pretty obvious that he was thankful for it.
  • My appreciation for him grew in the weeks since, as it is pretty obvious how hard he is working to get back into football form.
  • While I have no idea how close he is to being football ready, the improvement he has shown in these videos has been pretty apparent. In each one, he looks a little stronger, a little quicker and a little more agile. With months left before the start of the season, this is an encouraging sign.
  • Finally, no matter what happens with Smith, he is really just a possible bonus to last year's draft. The Cowboys knocked it out of the park last year. Dak, Zeke, Collins and Brown all have shown that they can be impact players in this league. You really can't ask for much more from a draft. If Smith becomes even a role player, this draft got just a bit better. If he never plays again, it is disappointing but this was still a solid draft. If he becomes a starter, or even better a star, then this draft might be one of the best drafts in this team's history.
It is hard to tell exactly where Jaylon is in his rehab. Relying solely on this small video, he is making progress. I will take that. It may or may not equate to success on the field, when 300lb. lineman are blocking him, but it sure shows some progress and that is all we can really ask for at this point.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Give me another Sean Lee in Jaylon and I will be happy...

Would be great to have a blitzing LB and ball hawk ....

sideon

Reaction score
Give me another Sean Lee in Jaylon and I will be happy...

Would be great to have a blitzing LB and ball hawk ....
If he returns to full strength then those outside runs and screens that DAL has been susceptible to will be a thing of the past:thumbup:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

I know a lot of posters on here don't give Dr. Chao any credit. I'm just sharing this info from Werder and Chao.

2uota3d.jpg

His ankle is not all taped up in the initial drill and he is allowing the foot to drop. If he could not pick up his foot then that orientation of his foot is what would land on the trampoline.

He is not wearing the brace when he is jumping on the trampolines; you can see the foot 'dropping' and he would have to be able to pick it up before landing or he would land toes down.

Chao's 1 year death knell is not a legitimate timetable. It has been repudiated by Jaylon's own doctor who said up to 15 months.

Chao strikes me as a guy that has called his shot and is going to stick with it come hell or high water.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I personally think that Jaylon's nerve has come back but as George reported a month ago he is still a work in progress.

The trampoline is quick but there is a little under a second time frame between physical activities for him to recover. He can do that fine as we have seen.

That is different than the agility drills which are much more quick twitch where you have multiple activities a second as he chops his feet changing direction.

Even then I doubt they have him wearing the brace. Instead they tape the **** out if it to hold it up but give him some wiggle to work the peroneal then too.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I can already see that silhouette of him on t shirts and no more. It's better than Jerry West.

So he's a marketing genius too.

This kid, it seems, just has to be special.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He is not wearing the brace when he is jumping on the trampolines; you can see the foot 'dropping' and he would have to be able to pick it up before landing or he would land toes down.

Chao's 1 year death knell is not a legitimate timetable. It has been repudiated by Jaylon's own doctor who said up to 15 months.

Chao strikes me as a guy that has called his shot and is going to stick with it come hell or high water.

The hubris with some posters is incredible.

So folks instantly reject what's being reported by Werder and dismiss a verified doctor weighing-in with his professional opinion in favor of board members that claim they're doctors and the conclusions of Joe Blow deducing what he can from examining photographs?

We all want Jaylon to heal up but dismissing contrary news because you don't like what's being said isn't going to make it happen.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The hubris with some posters is incredible.

So folks instantly reject what's being reported by Werder and dismiss a verified doctor weighing-in with his professional opinion in favor of board members that claim they're doctors and Joe Blows examining photographs.

I'm just talking about what I see. You're welcome to believe what you want to believe.

As for the hubris thing, I recommend some introspection.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm just talking about what I see. You're welcome to believe what you want to believe.

As for the hubris thing, I recommend some introspection.

Right, you called your shot and sticking with it. Any info/reports to contrary will be dismissed, glossed over or ridiculed.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Right, you called your shot and sticking with it.

No, I am talking about the information I have at hand.

Your problem, tweedle, is that I don't make my arguments about me.

There is a report from George in the DMN last month stating that the nerve has started firing but his body's reaction is catching up to the nerve.

You can see the foot dropping in the video of him jumping on the trampolines. They do not have his feet taped and there is no brace or bulk of a brace to be seen. It is what it is.

I hope that you understand that by taping foot around the arch and ankle acts to hold the foot up much like a brace. I don't discount Werder saying he would still need a brace given the massive tape job he gets in the other drills. That tells me he still needs to support for quicker movements.

It's a matter of degree but you appear to have missed the nuance.

As for Chao, you have him doomsaying after 12 months as opposed to Dr Cooper who have a timeframe of up to 15 months. I am not going to use all the unethical things Chao has done to make an argument. I don't need to.

Chao is not Jaylon's doctor and is not privy to the same information that Cooper is. When choosing who to believe when you ahve two people with mutually exclusive opinion as we do here I choose the more informed opinion which Cooper unquestionably has.

Further I have read and posted studies that show that the innervation process can take months. We have had posters with similar injuries relay the same. I will start to worry as May rolls around. OTOH, he is posting videos detailing steady progress. The trampolines are a big step.

As for you, you seem intent on putting people in their places. You like to tell people that they are acting "too big for their britches." Thing is that people like you are almost invariably really only concerned about their own place. I don't allow others own sense of inferiority dictate where I stand.

You are welcome to believe whatever you like. There is still an objective truth to be discussed outside of people's places in the world.

Last edited: