Twitter: Fisher: Teams plan to call Cowboys on Taco Charlton trade ideas

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just Taco for a pick wouldn’t net a whole lot. IMO, it’d have to be a player for player trade (like Solomon Thomas) where both teams hope a change of scenery does them some good... or a team that is interested in Taco will take him and pick 58 in order for Dallas to move up into the early second round, like maybe in the 40’s.

Either of those choices would be a desirable outcome for Dallas, and I’d be good with them.

Simply trading Taco for a 6th or something isn’t something I’d be interested in, speaking for myself. I’d keep him and give him one more shot to break into the rotation.

JMO, of course.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Don't forget the Landry/Parcells 3 year rule before you trade or trash your Taco.

Remember Todd Christensen, Mike Wilson, Mike Sherrad, Ron Stone, Jimmy Smith, Tony Richardson, Danny Amedola, Matellus Bennett, etc. All were let go by the Cowboys after being drafted or signed as UDFA and went on to Pro Bowl, All Pro, Super Bowl Championships, or solid NFL careers.

GenoT

Reaction score
Why is it this team can't put togehter an 8 man rotation along the D-line and keep it going? :rolleyes:
Why can’t this team find a way to put together a 4-man starting unit and keep the rotational/JAG guys as strictly spot players/injury replacements?

Other than D-Law, our entire DL corps consists of “rotational” players, lol!

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
If it happens, it won’t be for a straight-up pick, it will be to facilitate a move up and grab someone who is dropping.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Would not surprise me at all. I thought it telling that after we got Quinn, Stephen talked up Gregory but didnt even mention Taco, our non-suspended recent first round pick.

I really dont think Taco is a RDE or a 3t and he doesnt seem to be the guy that would be content battling with Hyder and maybe Crawford for the snaps behind Tank at LDE.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Yeah so is fisher “leaking” for the Cowboys?
Bryan Broaddus and Ambar Garcia did one of their Periscopes today and he said the Dallas Cowboys are not looking to move Taco Charlton.

He thought maybe it was Taco's people trying to drum up some interest.

-----

The player has no value outside the organization right now, the best thing is to get healthy (shoulder surgery in January) and go to training camp hell bent on competing for snaps.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus and Ambar Garcia did one of their Periscopes today and he said the Dallas Cowboys are not looking to move Taco Charlton.

He thought maybe it was Taco's people trying to drum up some interest.

-----

The player has no value outside the organization right now, the best thing is to get healthy (shoulder surgery in January) and go to training camp hell bent on competing for snaps.

Ah ok... I saw the tweet from Taco today
“should be an interesting weekend”

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Taco's tweet today about "an interesting weekend" might give some validity to this story, though.
I get that.

But sometimes some of these dummies like to play on social media.

Some guy tweets "They lied to me!" and immediately a bunch of his stupid followers go OMG and freak out, thinking this something deep in regards to his status with the team.

Then he tweets something that it was about how the car wash didn't clean their ride well enough.

Make no mistake, some of these players eat up their celebrity, especially off social media with throngs on young dummies just like themselves hanging on their every Tweet and Instagram post.

You could see it coming with Charlton.

Hardline

Reaction score
Unless a team blows me away with an offer Taco is staying put .
It's the third year where DEs make the biggest improvement.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If Taco played for another team and the Cowboys wanted to trade for him, what would you be willing to give up? That’s what you can expect.....this 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick discussion is nonsense, just stop already....