For all the criticism Dak Prescott gets

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo has one season under .500 with a 1-4 record in 2010.

Of course QB need surrounding talent to win championships but not all to finish above .500 .

I think it is pretty cheap shot claiming Dak needs talent when fact is so do others. I like Romo but we won nothing with him, he got his shots and never advanced beyond divisional rd. I don't know how Dak will do, I know thus far in 3 seasons he has helped his team to 2 division titles. I think he still must continue to work to improve parts of his game and yet other traits he has like pulling the ball and running for 1st downs or TD has helped this team win. All I can say is I pulled for Romo when he was here but fact is he is not here anylong and this is Dak team and he should be judged by the success or failures of this team just as Romo did

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we were a better team than Philadelphia when they went to the Super Bowl. If it wasn't for Darren Sproles I don't think they go anywhere. They always had a short field to work with. Maybe Trayvon Austin can help us with that. Nick Foles is a throw the ball up lollipop quarterback who the Cowboys have owned for his entire career. He goes down with some of the worst quarterbacks in history to ever win a Superbowl in my book

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and until dak wins more than a wild card playoff he will continue to get a lot of flack from fans tony was exciting to watch at times but he never won any thing as qb for the cowboys didn't even win as many playoff games like danny white until dak proves his worth in the playoffs its going tobe this way

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I understand why Romo was rated so high and agree. I’ve been shooting down those passer ratings most of this Century.
As long as you've been limiting your shooting to comparisons across era, and not promoting production (yards) over efficiency. I'm leery of the term "prolific passer," because it's so easy for a QB to accumulate passing yards when his team is losing. These are W-L records.

250+ yards passing
117-120-3

300+ yards passing
65-65-1

350+ yards passing
35-32-1

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
and until dak wins more than a wild card playoff he will continue to get a lot of flack from fans tony was exciting to watch at times but he never won any thing as qb for the cowboys didn't even win as many playoff games like danny white until dak proves his worth in the playoffs its going tobe this way
I believe if Prescott has the ball in his hands last . and opportunity to win the game he will. I'm not going to blame him because a defense can't stop somebody with less than a minute to go in the game

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Heartbreaking games. Smith dropping the ball in the end zone against Pittsburgh. Patriots intercepting Seattle inside the 5-yard line. The bills missing a field goal. So many I forgot. Is there luck in this game people tell me look has no place here. Sometimes I'm not sure if I believe that

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As long as you've been limiting your shooting to comparisons across era, and not promoting production (yards) over efficiency. I'm leery of the term "prolific passer," because it's so easy for a QB to accumulate passing yards when his team is losing. These are W-L records.

250+ yards passing
117-120-3

300+ yards passing
65-65-1

350+ yards passing
35-32-1
I use the official NFL stats as a big part of my comparisons. The same official stats used to rank offenses, defenses and personal stats.

Passing yards much like rushing yards and total yards is a great measurement for players on less than good teams. Winning isn’t always a good measurement.

It’s how we nominate Pro Bowlers and HOFamers on less than good teams. It’s why some fans struggle with evaluations unless the teams win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yea and one has already been further than the other in the playoffs after one year of starting

Yeah Dak had to score too quickly as a rookie giving Rodgers the seconds he needed to win. I still blame Dak on that one :rolleyes:. As I have said as a long time Cowboys fan, Dak will take heat unless or until he can help this team to a championship.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yeah Dak had to score too quickly as a rookie giving Rodgers the seconds he needed to win. I still blame Dak on that one :rolleyes:. As I have said as a long time Cowboys fan, Dak will take heat unless or until he can help this team to a championship.
Always excuses when it comes to Dak.

I guess he shouldnt be held accountable for letting the team get down 21-3 before finally waking up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Always excuses when it comes to Dak.

I guess he shouldnt be held accountable for letting the team get down 21-3 before finally waking up.

I make no excuses for Dak, the team lost and he shares in it. I make no excuses for Romo either who QB this team for years and ended up with few playoffs opportunities and few wins.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think it is pretty cheap shot claiming Dak needs talent when fact is so do others. I like Romo but we won nothing with him, he got his shots and never advanced beyond divisional rd. I don't know how Dak will do, I know thus far in 3 seasons he has helped his team to 2 division titles. I think he still must continue to work to improve parts of his game and yet other traits he has like pulling the ball and running for 1st downs or TD has helped this team win. All I can say is I pulled for Romo when he was here but fact is he is not here anylong and this is Dak team and he should be judged by the success or failures of this team just as Romo did
everyone needs talent...its what you are able to do with that talent when you have it. do you elevate others or do they elevate you? Dak has had talent, but has never been able to become an elite passer in the league in three year or not even close. there is always a long list of excuses.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
everyone needs talent...its what you are able to do with that talent when you have it. do you elevate others or do they elevate you? Dak has had talent, but has never been able to become an elite passer in the league in three year or not even close. there is always a long list of excuses.

I make no excuses he has also helped this team to 2 divisional titles in 3 years and you can spin it however you would like but Dak is a part of that. I expect him to continue to learn and improve and I also expect he will have his critics until or unless he is able to help this team win it all

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I had my moments, when we all saw him doing dufus arsed stuff with the football. BUT, I wash his 2nd year, and hand most of that on the piss poor coaching staff, and game/play calling along with a beat down oline, no RB for 6 games, not to mention the not knowing week to week IF Zeke would even play, no WR corps to speak of. Yeah I'm sure all the Romo fan boyz will say "well IF Tony was our QB" blah blah ,blah... bottom line is, IF Romo was our QB, he'd be in a hospital, or crippled for life with what Dak had to face then and into this season... I still think he is a hell of a player and leader, and we will see 2019 IF he has it or if they have been right all along that he is simply a "bus" driver.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I use the official NFL stats as a big part of my comparisons. The same official stats used to rank offenses, defenses and personal stats.

Passing yards much like rushing yards and total yards is a great measurement for players on less than good teams. Winning isn’t always a good measurement.

It’s how we nominate Pro Bowlers and HOFamers on less than good teams. It’s why some fans struggle with evaluations unless the teams win.
Dak Prescott has better statistics in his first three seasons Ben Roethlisberger Brady Goff or Wentz. I think it's ridiculous but you like statistics there they are