Four CFP teams announced

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
this conversation is only conveluded because people still think its about the conference and not what owns the conference...this is not the NFL where the network is at the leagues mercy..its the exact opposite..these conferences dont exist once the network says they dont exist see the pac12.....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree but they had 2 choices put bama in over UT even after UT beat them or diss the ACC lets see UT is already comming to my network what should i do..I know let FSU know that they should also come to my network...
I want to add, I was cut short due to my wife :muttley:

This is what I think happened:

Last night, they were fully prepared to put in Wash, Mich, Georgia and FSU. There would have been less fallout. But, Georgia losing screwed it all up. Now, they are in a pickle because they need to get in a team from the SEC.

They turned over every rock looking for a way to justify putting in Bama and leaving out Texas. There was no justification, so they played the game show Weakest Link. Excuses/reasons were made to remove FSU from consideration. There was no scenario where Alabama gets in over Texas and FSU paid the price.

nathanlt

Reaction score
The committee really did it! It's too bad for FSU but I don't blame the committee for choosing Alabama. Just tough luck for FSU. If their 2nd string QB played last night, they might have looked good enough to impress the committee, like OSU with Cardale Jones in the Big Ten Championship. But with the way their offense looked with the 3rd string QB, it just wasn't enough to put them over Alabama
So, if any Alabama player gets injured off the field, then FSU is in?? Ok....
What if any Alabama player gets a cold, and is coughing really bad....

Since injuries, sniffles, paper cuts matter to the CFP.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Georgia and Texas played 100 times Georgia would win 100 times. The NCAA is a joke.

1942willys

Reaction score
In order of preference as regards winning the NC
Washington
Texas
Michigan (just threw up in my mouth)

Alabama

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I hope Tejas wins. I'm a mizzou fan but they a sec team really by now
I mean Bama literally carries your money..now let me tell you, you have no idea who you have invited to dinner with UT, get back to me in five years when they are wanting Mizz to take a paycut because they aint worthy of the money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whichever team is left standing at the end of this falsified playoff, is illegitimate. Deal with it.
IMG-0424.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FSU clearly ON THE FIELD earned the slot
But those interested in money wanted Alabama
I disagree. The reason the CFP has a committee instead of computers is so rationale minds can look at a team and see that their QB went down and that this is not the same team. FSU has a good defense but without Jordan Travis, their offense is putrid. Not the same team and certainly not top 4. After watching UGA beat TCU 65-7 in the title game, they weren't going to rubber stamp a team into the playoff based only on record. The reality is that Alabama and Texas are better teams and both would have been 2 TD favorites over FSU without Travis, as would have Michigan.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I disagree. The reason the CFP has a committee instead of computers is so rationale minds can look at a team and see that their QB went down and that this is not the same team. FSU has a good defense but without Jordan Travis, their offense is putrid. Not the same team and certainly not top 4. After watching UGA beat TCU 65-7 in the title game, they weren't going to rubber stamp a team into the playoff based only on record. The reality is that Alabama and Texas are better teams and both would have been 2 TD favorites over FSU without Travis, as would have Michigan.
Your telling me Mich offense WITH its QB1 looks better? Im sorry they won a game trying every way to keep him from throwing the ball..many times..why is FSU getting punished for needing to win with the run game and defense when the #1 team lives on it?

nathanlt

Reaction score
LMAO. The ACC had 1 top 10 team this year and they lost their QB. Thats why. FSU is a 12 point dog against UGA.
Any of the 4 QBs, Michigan, Washington, Texas or bama, an injury in practice will disqualify them from the playoff. That's how stupid this is, and how legally liable the CFP will be if any of them is assaulted due to a crazed fan trying to even the score. The CFP has put a bounty on these 4 individuals, whether or not they've intended to.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That was my preferred list exactly and in the same order ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/college-game-thread-for-season.514661/page-4#post-13176209

I feel bad for FSU but FSU lost their starting quarterback and that combined with the schedule they played makes Alabama and Georgia both look more worthy.

If they were not going to include 8 teams this year (they really should have) in transition to 12 next year, I think we get 4 competitive teams to watch at least.

The college football fan in me loves this CFP ranking because I really want to see Michigan and Alabama play each other as I think that will be a great game (I don't care who wins).

I think Texas and Washington playing is a good match up as well.

Overall, I got the 4 I wanted so I am looking forward to the games.
Couldn't disagree more.

Losing your starting QB obviously effected how good they are, but I just don't think it should effect rankings. You either win or lose
And for schedule, if you look at the final top 25, they have wins over #13 LSU, #15 Louisville and #22 Clemson

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn't disagree more.

Losing your starting QB obviously effected how good they are, but I just don't think it should effect rankings. You either win or lose
And for schedule, if you look at the final top 25, they have wins over #13 LSU, #15 Louisville and #22 Clemson
The CFP are more seedings, not rankings, and the CFP committee has repeatedly said they include several factors.

Again, if I was an FSU fan I would be very upset with the CFP selections because I am sure getting an SEC team in the final 4 was heavily encouraged or desired by money.

Personally though as a college football fan, I want to see great football games and I am not sure FSU without Travis can score enough points to compete with the other teams in the CFP.

While not any consolidation for FSU fans, I am looking forward to watching FSU play Georgia in their bowl game.

If FSU beats Georgia, that will further the argument that FSU belonged in the CFP.

Of course if Georgia beats FSU then it will re-affirm to the CFP they made the right call which could impact future teams being excluded despite the 12-team CFP starting in 2024.