News: Fox: Greg Olsen: Cowboys playoff losses 'don't fall on Dak Prescott's shoulders'

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Most interesting stat from that video:

Dak Playoffs vs 49ers
  • 0-2
  • 57.5% Completion
  • 230 yards/game
  • 2 TD, 3 INT
  • 66.7 Pass Rating

Dak Playoffs vs Everyone Else
  • 2-2
  • 66.9% Completion
  • 274.8 yards/game
  • 9 TD, 2 INT
  • 107.4 Pass Rating
49ers have his number.
or more like they had KM & Daks numbers. 49ers have a good defense , the antidote is a physical offense like eaggles and even they lucked out by injuring both QBs in the play off game , so 49ers couldn’t launch counter attacks. Otherwise that game would have been interesting.
To put 49ers D on the back is , out physical them run the ball down their throat , attack with quick passing , YAC kind of games , win time of possession , wear down the D. Our D did hold most of the 1st 3 qtrs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
After flipping the coin pull back the curtain..

Dink and Dunk, can't read a defense, can't throw with anticipation, has had ALL PRO Oline every season, Andy Dalton is the same and Cooper Rush has a better win rate....but Dak had the football in his hands.

Yeah....Dak Haters really gave Prescott a chance.... :lmao:
omg, you are all over the place with your response....you actually pushed the goal post on wheels several times.

Dak was top 10 in passing in 2019, 2021. in 2020, given he played 5 games. he was at 371 ypg, which put him first. dalton averaged 197 ypg...how is that the same? Dalton sucked. he had a losing record, the same catgorization you used to pump up rush (but conveniently forgotten for obvious reasons)

and then as I said, you pushed the goal post on wheels, because you said Rush had a better win rate. I assume then you are saying wins and losses are a QB stat, I mean why else would you mention that, so by that measure, then didn't Dalton suck!? Dalton is also 0-5 in the playoffs. so how exactly was Dalton better?

and cooper rush was worse in every statistical category. except one.... in fact if not for defense scoring against the rams, Dallas would have lost that game.

so not sure where you were going with your argument, but it lacked common sense, cohesion and logic...

try again.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
what the heck does this guy know about football. pfft....way over rated announcer and player. didn't deserve to play in the NFL and was total trash, specially at the end.
on the other hand. SAS and Skip know a lot more. they get it.
Can’t tell if you’re serious or not.

Qcard

Reaction score
Cooper Rush at some point in the season will need to take over for Dak and he will win the SB. It's the Wentz treatment.
Cool...I am pragmatic enough to hope Jerry Jones don't make the same mistake of retaining Prescott if Rush pulls a "Foles".......

But I know Dak Haters they'd cling to any Fantasy :lmao2: :lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak had the biggest piece of pie in last years loss at the 49ers. Two huge game changing interceptions, one in their territory and one in Dallas. Can’t happen in a tight game.
Uh, hello! Have you not been reading this forum? It's just not possible that Dak lost those games!

Did you not see the defense? They are the ones to blame, now leave Dak alone, damn it!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Parson played in last season's playoff game against the 9ers and he's on record that the loss to the 9ers falls squarely on Dakota "WENTZ 2.0 " Prescot! I'm going with Parson over another wannabe WENTZ 2.0 Fan Club President............LOL!
Yeah..hmmm...yup...aha...hmmm..that Wentz 2.0 stuff is not catching on. Still a club with one member.

But it's obvious you don't work in marketing I don't see any talent there

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I see this post every damn year lol. Every. Damn. Year.

of course they won't. I can give you a list of excuses and BS they will say
- we could have done it cheaper with Rush, why pay 40M
- we should have won it three times already
- the team had to carry him, he doesn't deserve it
- the other team played bad, it was their fault not Dak playing well
- he got lucky

and the funny thing will be if that happens, you, I and other true cowboys fans will enjoy it. they will be misreable. some will disappear for good.
Brother, if Dak wins the SB this year his haters will never give him his just dues. They will give it to MM's new system, defense, say the other team choked or they'll say "What took him so long?!"
So, what excuse(s) will you use if he does take our team all the way this year?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
“IF”….one of the most used words for Dak defenders. Dak’s never winning a SB as the starting QB for any team.
I'm a DALLAS COWBOYS defender! Dak is the starting QB of our (not yours) team. So OF COURSE I defend him. WTH? :facepalm:

I don't hang around on the message board of your favorite team. Do y'all hate on your QB and root for him to lose and wish he would die in a plane crash like his haters here wish on Dak?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak had the biggest piece of pie in last years loss at the 49ers. Two huge game changing interceptions, one in their territory and one in Dallas. Can’t happen in a tight game.
It wasn't just the INTs though. Add in that he was scared to throw the ball afterwards. He had guys open but just wouldn't pull the trigger. His mental state was like a computer that freezes.

morat1959

Reaction score
I'm a DALLAS COWBOYS defender! Dak is the starting QB of our (not yours) team. So OF COURSE I defend him. WTH? :facepalm:

I don't hang around on the message board of your favorite team. Do y'all hate on your QB and root for him to lose and wish he would die in a plane crash like his haters here wish on Dak?
Now I understand…are you a teenager?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The losses don't fall on his shoulders.

They fall on his arm that that $4 head on $40 million dollar body
yeah and somehow there's about 53 other players with two arms two shoulders two hands and two feet that aren't doing their jobs against the 49ers or the Rams in 2018 there's no run game they're dropping balls there's not good enough blocking they're missing opportunities like Trayvon diggs didn't catch that interception didn't break up that play on kittle I mean there's also some shoulders and arms on the coaches and apparently they didn't bring in a good game plan to beat these guys I mean 16 run plays that is it that is all you call all game??

Again let's go back 2018 did Prescott's arm and shoulders give up 276 yards on the ground did his arms and shoulders create lack of a run game once again does Prescott play offensive line??

2016 Prescott and the offense played great but does Prescott's arms and shoulders play defense because the defense couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers

2021 did Prescott's arms and shoulders make the offensive line have 11 penalties and had the offense discombobulated playing behind the chains all day did Prescott once again create a lack of a run game poor blocking penalties in a defense that gave up debo Samuels 10 yards per carry in the first half of that game against the 49ers

once again 2022 is a broken record the offensive line cannot handle the 49ers defensive line there was no run game to speak of 16 runs called an entire game two yards per carry in the second-half did Prescott's arms and shoulders blow that game by himself

the answer to all those questions would be a resounding no it was not Prescott alone fault and they are correct the people who are not correct are the haters and fans that think Prescott is the reason we have not advanced in the playoffs they'd all be really ignorant low football IQ fan base and media who are just sitting here and acting like this is not a team game

I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree because I like Greg Olsen is not gonna allow that to happen there have been plenty of quarterbacks throughout history they've had some issues with interceptions and their team still what one despite that that's because the teams were better they had better teams Prescott sure could use a better offensive line and run game when he meets these better defensive lines in the playoffs and it's not there he sure could use a better coach with a better mind to play chess instead of checkers with the team on the other side..

Because I know of two quarterbacks that had that Troy and Roger they never went to a playoff game worried about would they have a run game and an offensive line and creative minds through the coaching staff..

Prescott and Romo have been thrown under the bus because they have not had these things they've either not had a defense not had a run game not had good coaching not had good game plans and this is just part of being on a team sport...