Game of Thrones Season 6

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Months have passed since they burned he's travelled to different houses asking for help.

And what ever you were saying about it not being ridiculous. It is. He found it because he just happened to be taking a walk. The literal only person that it could matter to. Lazy dumb writing for popcorn munching oafs.

Why do you assume nobody else ever walked by it? Why is walking a crazy notion?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
[

Thats not what I said. Are you confused by your own stance on this? You think it was perfectly reasonable, perfectly believable because....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
[

Thats not what I said. Are you confused by your own stance on this? You think it was perfectly reasonable, perfectly believable because....

LOL at trying to look for perfect believably in a show with dragons.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
LOL at trying to look for perfect believably in a show with dragons.

You clearly don't understand the difference between a plot contrivance and a characters. These are two totally different things. But keep LOLing like a tool.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
[

Davos was walking along the border of the camp.....a camp he stayed at before and that was attacked at night before the battle.......he would check to see how old the fire might have been, were there scouts or threats near by......Stannis also burned a lot of people alive because of the Red Woman and he never really found out what happened to Shereen.....this show is anything but lazy........it layered on so many levels that there are books, after shows and entire Wiki pages devoted into delving further....

It was just like Daenerys......her ring was dropped at the center of a gigantic circle made by the Dothraki horses that could be seen for miles.......of course they went right to it

Kevinicus

Reaction score
[

I'm confused on your stance, not mine. What is unbelievable about someone taking a walk?

It is more likely for him since he has been there before and might be curious about the area as he is walking.

It's not like he wandered out into the wilderness and just happened upon some obscure location. The pyre was on the perimeter of the camp. There was nothing random about it at all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm confused on your stance, not mine. What is unbelievable about someone taking a walk?

It is more likely for him since he has been there before and might be curious about the area as he is walking.

It's not like he wandered out into the wilderness and just happened upon some obscure location. The pyre was on the perimeter of the camp. There was nothing random about it at all.

We have become too smart for our own good sometimes.....people want everything to be a big twist or secret but some things have been building for seasons....Davos loved Shereen and hated the Red Woman but he also had to promise not to ever speak against her when Stannis had him jailed for helping Gendry and we know how Stannis felt about punishment....she also brought Jon back and is the reason they are where they are today.....Davos would be dead in a room at Castle Black.....not everything is black and white

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What are you saying? Dragons most certainly do exist!

You are correct, sir

maxresdefault.jpg

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

On top of that, why would it be a stretch that Davos walks near the old Stannis encampment. Both Jon's and Stannis' armies were perparing for an assault on Winterfell. Both armies were coming from the same direction (the wall). It makes perfect sense that the two armies would have made camp in a similar spot - with mountain passes an all. Going for a stroll? Not unreasonable. Ending up in the old camp also makes sense. Investigating a charred pile of wood seems to be where it gets to be a little bit of a stretch. But if you take Davo's experience with the Red Woman and her tendency to burn people, you can see that recognizing logs in a burned pile could catch his attention and his concern.

As far as word getting out that Stannis burned his daughter? Who can really tell how that would spread. The people who saw it happen did one of two things. Deserted and went immediately south - out of range of any of the houses of the North, or died with Stannis. Whether there were some rumors of her burning got to Davo's ears is still up for debate, but it's probably something that could be addressed in the books. Hearing any rumors while also not knowing where Shireen is, could very well be a motivation for Davo's walking to the old camp as well. The potential details like this are missing from the show, but there's limited time to flesh things out and still keep the pacing.

As far as Dany's ring goes, my initial reaction was that it was a load of garbage to be that lucky. But once I realized that the ring of mud was visible from a long way off, finding something right in the center isn't very hard to imagine.

But if you want lazy writing, rail against the tired cliche of the last second save by Littlefinger. The episode more than makes up for that way overused trope in other spots but that has to be the lowest point of the show. Either that or Rickon having never played dodge ball. (He must be related to Charlize Theron's Prometheus character.)
tumblr_inline_nm3tmltREv1szit1k.gif

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

Stannis's camp where he burned the girl is totally separate to the one Jon Snow set up. It's just by an unbelievable chance the pure and his walk collided.

slick325

Reaction score
The wood ornament making it thru the fire at the stake which was hot enough to burn flesh and bones is the most implausible part to be fair.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Davos was walking along the border of the camp.....a camp he stayed at before and that was attacked at night before the battle.......he would check to see how old the fire might have been, were there scouts or threats near by......Stannis also burned a lot of people alive because of the Red Woman and he never really found out what happened to Shereen.....this show is anything but lazy........it layered on so many levels that there are books, after shows and entire Wiki pages devoted into delving further....

It was just like Daenerys......her ring was dropped at the center of a gigantic circle made by the Dothraki horses that could be seen for miles.......of course they went right to it

Yeah, no. They were separate camps by separate armies. Books ended last season in the show continuity. The show runners are writing this and it is glaring the differences.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I have to admit I knew a lot of things were gonna happen, almost exactly the way they did: Jon living, Ramsey dying, Ramsey getting finished off by Sansa and his own dogs, Rickon getting killed right as he reached Jon, LittleFingers army arriving at the end just in time to defeat Ramsey's army that's about to defeat Jon's army, Davos finding the toy horse on his midnight walk.

All that being said, some things were done so beautifully that it still kept me on the edge of my seat.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I have to admit I knew a lot of things were gonna happen, almost exactly the way they did: Jon living, Ramsey dying, Ramsey getting finished off by Sansa and his own dogs, Rickon getting killed right as he reached Jon, LittleFingers army arriving at the end just in time to defeat Ramsey's army that's about to defeat Jon's army, Davos finding the toy horse on his midnight walk.

All that being said, some things were done so beautifully that it still kept me on the edge of my seat.

yeh... good looking episode... Ive learned to let go at this point..... the theorizing is less, things are more straight forward... so just make good action. they're still clever, matching the dialog of the lannister play with Arya's movements and thoughts as she's creeping backstage & jon's overhead shot digging out of the crowd at the battle is the same shot as Dany's as the slaves surrounded her and called her mhysa. Complaining about what is realistic outcomes is an exercise in futility at this point, imo....

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stannis's camp where he burned the girl is totally separate to the one Jon Snow set up. It's just by an unbelievable chance the pure and his walk collided.

An encampment set up close to Winterfell so as to prepare for an attack. Also somewhere along a medieval pass through the wilderness from Castle Black where both armies were coming from. Why is it even a little unusual that those two locations would be close. It's not like Jon Snow has his choice of interstate highways to choose from.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I agree with this completely. Although the story feels far more easily predictable this season, the quality of so many of the individual scenes is done so well, that it's forgivable. Actually these shortcomings have made me more excited for the books eventually. It'll be interesting to get the deeper,layers.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah, no. They were separate camps by separate armies. Books ended last season in the show continuity. The show runners are writing this and it is glaring the differences.

You're mistaken. They camped at the same location. Maybe a rewatch of episode 7 would help.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You're mistaken. They camped at the same location. Maybe a rewatch of episode 7 would help.

They were at the exact same camp...Davos mentioned it right off.....he even said there was water for the horses nearby....I am more surprised Ramsay and "20 men" didn't attack them at night like they did to Stannis