Game of Thrones Season 6

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Then why are you waddling into to the middle of it move on with your life. You're not adding anything of worth. "It's a tv show not real life " so why discuss it at all, go post a gif somewhere.

I'm GOD. You exist because of me. I add everything of value to your life. Do NOT make me spite you.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'm GOD. You exist because of me. I add everything of value to your life. Do NOT make me spite you.

Couldn't trade your organs in for a pocket of shrapnel, used tea bags have more value than you. You are the god of tedium.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Camping on the exact same point is a contrivance, the wooden toy being in perfect knick after a fire and sitting in mud and snow is a contrivance, that character happening to walk to that point and examine that pile of ashes is a contrivance. If you lost a ring on a beach and a year later found it the odds would be astronomical, still better than his odds of finding the stag.

You haven't presented any valid reasoning how camping at the same place is a contrivance. Just saying so doesn't make it so. Them choosing the exact site (which you didn't even think they did at first) has logical reasoning behind it, the alternative does not.

You have a valid point with the toy, though it wasn't in perfect condition (but good enough).

The character walking there also makes logical sense, especially considering his history with the location.

Your hyperbole about the ring on the beach is simply that, hyperbole, and not at all accurate.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
Ramsay-- A big part of what did Ramsay in was wanting to be a legitimate warden of the North.
They explained he didn't attack at night or use any sneak attacks because he had 3 times as many men and he wanted to look lordly to those pledged houses.

Walder Frey is very much due for a GoT-esque death. Maybe 5 or 6 of his daughters strip him naked and beat him to death with sticks and stones.

Is Daenerys not set up to rule the world or what? She is truly beast mode.

The battle of the bastids was interesting militarily. Archers versus Calvary, Calvary vs Calvary, Phalanx versus foot soldiers... Calvary versus Phalanx.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
For me its the Sparrow and the rest of the Faith Militant, which is funny because I loved it when they first put Cersei in jail. She was the one that brought them back and it bit her in the ***.....but now Im just tired of their religious nonsense....probably doesnt help that im an atheist and very anti-religion lol......

It is funny...'the Crown and the Faith are the twin pillars' was Cersei's line to the Sparrow when she first met him in Flea Bottom....it is rare when she is out-maneuvered but the Sparrow, Lady Olena, Uncle Kevan and Maester Pycelle have all used Tommen to really bury her

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
various:
Ramsay-- A big part of what did Ramsay in was wanting to be a legitimate warden of the North.
They explained he didn't attack at night or use any sneak attacks because he had 3 times as many men and he wanted to look lordly to those pledged houses.

Walder Frey is very much due for a GoT-esque death. Maybe 5 or 6 of his daughters strip him naked and beat him to death with sticks and stones.

The battle of the bastids was interesting militarily. Archers versus Calvary, Calvary vs Calvary, Phalanx versus foot soldiers... Calvary versus Phalanx.

The pincer movement was the key but it was used AGAINST Jon

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Camping on the exact same point is a contrivance, the wooden toy being in perfect knick after a fire and sitting in mud and snow is a contrivance, that character happening to walk to that point and examine that pile of ashes is a contrivance. If you lost a ring on a beach and a year later found it the odds would be astronomical, still better than his odds of finding the stag.

Here it is....watch the first 30 secs...."Stannis camped here on his way to Winterfell"

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
You haven't presented any valid reasoning how camping at the same place is a contrivance. Just saying so doesn't make it so. Them choosing the exact site (which you didn't even think they did at first) has logical reasoning behind it, the alternative does not.

You have a valid point with the toy, though it wasn't in perfect condition (but good enough).

The character walking there also makes logical sense, especially considering his history with the location.

Your hyperbole about the ring on the beach is simply that, hyperbole, and not at all accurate.

I didn't bring up the ring so get out of that you chancer.

The camp was along a river and mountain range. A very wide area he was within the same hundred yards of the model. It's a freaking ridiculous contrivance that in all of seven Kingdoms he just happened to be in the one foot of space needed to affect the story. Pretending otherwise is just saying "yeah stuff happens, who cares ".

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Here it is....watch the first 30 secs...."Stannis camped here on his way to Winterfell"

Here in this exact spot not a half mile in either direction, just right here conveniently.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I didn't bring up the ring so get out of that you chancer.

The camp was along a river and mountain range. A very wide area he was within the same hundred yards of the model. It's a freaking ridiculous contrivance that in all of seven Kingdoms he just happened to be in the one foot of space needed to affect the story. Pretending otherwise is just saying "yeah stuff happens, who cares ".

That wasn't you that brought up some ridiculous ring on a beach scenario? Funny, I was certain it was right there in the last post of yours I quoted.

Why are you the 2nd person that I've had to point out that they didn't have "all of seven Kingdoms" to camp at. They are at the same location, with the same plan as the last guy. It makes 100% perfect sense that two military leaders would choose the exact same spot, for logistic and strategic reasons. It is unlikely that they would go elsewhere. In your learned opinion, where should they have camped, and why?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
On a positive note, I'm not sure I've seen many battles on film that match that intensity. When Jon is being trampled and can't catch his breath, I really felt claustrophobic. And when he climbs up and finally gets his head above the mass of humanity to gasp for air? I took a deep breath right there with him.

I also felt the hatred he was feeling when he was staring daggers at Ramsay.

That whole scene was just so well done.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Walder Frey of course.

I would guess that Cersei, Tommen, and most likely everyone in the sept die this Sunday. (including Margaery)

Interesting thought. If Jamie brings the Lannister army and Lady Olenna brings the Tyrell army into King's Landing and Cersei sets fire to all of Kings Landing in attempt to destroy the all of her enemies even at the cost of her own life That could put an end to all three of those story plots in one fell swoop. Leaving White Walkers, Frey's, North, House Arryn, The Iron Born, and Daenerys for next season.

Next season is the last right? I read someone talking about another season, but I could see all this ending next season.

I can definitely see Cersei taking out a big chunk of King's Landing in this next episode, but I don't know if I see her taking out all of King's Landing. For one, the Dorne/Martells story line has no relevance without the Lannisters. It barely has any relevance as it is, but I don't see GRR being the type to just dump a story line no matter how uninteresting it is. I expect everyone to come back at least one last time (someone like Gendry for example). Another reason I don't see all of King's Landing getting wiped out is because (to touch on the "who are the bad guys now that Ramsey is gone?" conversation) the only real bad guys left are the Lannisters (minus Tyrion) and and the Sparrows. As evil as the White Walkers are, they don't have any dialogue and I can't image another 13 episodes without any cunning bad guys.

And to answer your question, I think I heard that there will be two final short seasons after this one - a 7 episode season 7 and a 6 episode season 8 (so 14 left including this next one).

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can definitely see Cersei taking out a big chunk of King's Landing in this next episode, but I don't know if I see her taking out all of King's Landing. For one, the Dorne/Martells story line has no relevance without the Lannisters. It barely has any relevance as it is, but I don't see GRR being the type to just dump a story line no matter how uninteresting it is. I expect everyone to come back at least one last time (someone like Gendry for example). Another reason I don't see all of King's Landing getting wiped out is because (to touch on the "who are the bad guys now that Ramsey is gone?" conversation) the only real bad guys left are the Lannisters (minus Tyrion) and and the Sparrows. As evil as the White Walkers are, they don't have any dialogue and I can't image another 13 episodes without any cunning bad guys.

And to answer your question, I think I heard that there will be two final short seasons after this one - a 7 episode season 7 and a 6 episode season 8 (so 14 left including this next one).

I think when Tyrion mentioned the wild fire in King's Landing, he specifically pointed out places where it was stored. Below the Sept was one of those places. I can see Cersei going after that one specifically, in turn taking out the High Sparrow and probably Tommen in the process (He is fated to die before her after all). But it won't be the end of her or King's Landing.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
various:

Cavalry

Sorry, hit one of my pet peeves.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
That wasn't you that brought up some ridiculous ring on a beach scenario? Funny, I was certain it was right there in the last post of yours I quoted.

Why are you the 2nd person that I've had to point out that they didn't have "all of seven Kingdoms" to camp at. They are at the same location, with the same plan as the last guy. It makes 100% perfect sense that two military leaders would choose the exact same spot, for logistic and strategic reasons. It is unlikely that they would go elsewhere. In your learned opinion, where should they have camped, and why?

I mean I've explained this over and over again. Mountains here, river there. That is a huge stretch of land. Camping in that vicinity doesnt mean the exact same place yet Davos can clearly been seen fifty yards from camp examining this months old little ash heap for no reason expect so idiots can go "oh **** he totally knows now ". This is a sledgehammer to the teeth in terms of storytelling.