Game of Thrones Season 6

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I have to admit I knew a lot of things were gonna happen, almost exactly the way they did: Jon living, Ramsey dying, Ramsey getting finished off by Sansa and his own dogs, Rickon getting killed right as he reached Jon, LittleFingers army arriving at the end just in time to defeat Ramsey's army that's about to defeat Jon's army, Davos finding the toy horse on his midnight walk.

All that being said, some things were done so beautifully that it still kept me on the edge of my seat.

Right on, I always said Titanic was the #1 movie(until Avatar) and everyone knows how that ended

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
You're mistaken. They camped at the same location. Maybe a rewatch of episode 7 would help.

They were at the exact same camp...Davos mentioned it right off.....he even said there was water for the horses nearby....I am more surprised Ramsay and "20 men" didn't attack them at night like they did to Stannis

An encampment set up close to Winterfell so as to prepare for an attack. Also somewhere along a medieval pass through the wilderness from Castle Black where both armies were coming from. Why is it even a little unusual that those two locations would be close. It's not like Jon Snow has his choice of interstate highways to choose from.

Yeah the exact same camp that happens to be on top of each other with miles and miles of land to choose from, the only markers being a mountain and a river. Terrible awful dumb *****.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah the exact same camp that happens to be on top of each other with miles and miles of land to choose from, the only markers being a mountain and a river. Terrible awful dumb ****e.

Military leaders choosing the same location to camp is logical. Terrible would be trying to find a new spot.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Military leaders choosing the same location to camp is logical. Terrible would be trying to find a new spot.

Plus camps are chosen for a reason ( defense, general logistics, ect ). Even if he wasnt trying to encamp in the same spot, Snow likely would have likely found that spot most suitable for encampment

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Plus camps are chosen for a reason ( defense, general logistics, ect ). Even if he wasnt trying to encamp in the same spot, Snow likely would have likely found that spot most suitable for encampment

Part of it was to show the similarities and differences between Stannis and Jon

They were both smart, fierce warriors with good instincts but were stubborn to a fault...the red Woman even mistook Jon for Stannis in all of her visions.....Stannis was willing to use black magic to kill his own brother and Jon risked it at all to save his brother.......they both attacked a stronger Ramsay with smaller numbers.....both underestimated Ramsay's cunning....

But Stannis was willing to burn his own daughter alive to fulfill a vision and for his own glory.....but Jon couldn't even let his enemy Mance Rayder suffer longer than he had to....Jon made teh controversial decision to help the Wildings and it ended up killing him but he ended up being right and was saved by those same Wildings......Stannis' paid soldiers left him hanging and he died alone

It is funny that both times Jon was saved by a Calvary charge that cut thru the enemy like piss thru snow, once by Stannis himself at the Wall and now at Winterfell by Littlefinger

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You guys should seriously thing about what you're arguing about. It's pointless. It's a freaking TV show based in the middle ages. There is so much more BS in the show that this is subject matter completely stupid to be arguing about.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
so who is going to be the bad guy every one hates now. You know they have to have one. Joffrey was bad, hated and killed. Ramsey was bad, hated and killed.

Who is up for being the hated one now? Littlefinger? Cerrsei? The Sparrow?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
You guys should seriously thing about what you're arguing about. It's pointless. It's a freaking TV show based in the middle ages. There is so much more BS in the show that this is subject matter completely stupid to be arguing about.

There is literally no point in explaining the difference between plot points and story. If you don't get that they are different you will probably love the Warcraft movie.

Just because a story is set in a certain genre, it doesn't mean the quality of story isn't important.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Right. You are very accepting of plot contrivances. Good for you?

It's not a plot contrivance. It is something that logically flows from previous story elements.

I'm not sure why this is difficult to accept. Them camping at the same site should be expected. What is far less likely is that they would camp elsewhere. Camping elsewhere would be poor writing, unless a valid reason for doing so was presented.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
There is literally no point in explaining the difference between plot points and story. If you don't get that they are different you will probably love the Warcraft movie.

Just because a story is set in a certain genre, it doesn't mean the quality of story isn't important.

Everything discussed is an opinion and everyone has different opinions. Therefore two people arguing a point that is opinion based and each of the debaters have a different opinion is pointless. They should give their opinion then agree to disagree on each other's opinion.

It's a freaking movie for crying out loud. It's not a war on a real battlefield that you could die on if you're wrong.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
so who is going to be the bad guy every one hates now. You know they have to have one. Joffrey was bad, hated and killed. Ramsey was bad, hated and killed.

Sounds like the White Walkers and the Army of the Dead.......they will need everyone united in Westeros to defeat them

My guess it that Walder Frey doesn't survive the season......he is the last of the old Lords and deserves some comeuppance....

The Lannisters still have to deal with Dorne and Lady Olena and Cersei may have to get it on.....they both used Littlefinger to hurt the other and Lady Olena actually helped kill Joffrey

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score

For me its the Sparrow and the rest of the Faith Militant, which is funny because I loved it when they first put Cersei in jail. She was the one that brought them back and it bit her in the ***.....but now Im just tired of their religious nonsense....probably doesnt help that im an atheist and very anti-religion lol......

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Walder Frey of course.

I would guess that Cersei, Tommen, and most likely everyone in the sept die this Sunday. (including Margaery)

Interesting thought. If Jamie brings the Lannister army and Lady Olenna brings the Tyrell army into King's Landing and Cersei sets fire to all of Kings Landing in attempt to destroy the all of her enemies even at the cost of her own life That could put an end to all three of those story plots in one fell swoop. Leaving White Walkers, Frey's, North, House Arryn, The Iron Born, and Daenerys for next season.

Next season is the last right? I read someone talking about another season, but I could see all this ending next season.

Last edited:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It's not a plot contrivance. It is something that logically flows from previous story elements.

I'm not sure why this is difficult to accept. Them camping at the same site should be expected. What is far less likely is that they would camp elsewhere. Camping elsewhere would be poor writing, unless a valid reason for doing so was presented.

Camping on the exact same point is a contrivance, the wooden toy being in perfect knick after a fire and sitting in mud and snow is a contrivance, that character happening to walk to that point and examine that pile of ashes is a contrivance. If you lost a ring on a beach and a year later found it the odds would be astronomical, still better than his odds of finding the stag.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Everything discussed is an opinion and everyone has different opinions. Therefore two people arguing a point that is opinion based and each of the debaters have a different opinion is pointless. They should give their opinion then agree to disagree on each other's opinion.

It's a freaking movie for crying out loud. It's not a war on a real battlefield that you could die on if you're wrong.

Then why are you waddling into to the middle of it move on with your life. You're not adding anything of worth. "It's a tv show not real life " so why discuss it at all, go post a gif somewhere.