Game of Thrones Season 6

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
She was also the one that told Ramsey to sleep well that night as it will be his last. (saying that when they only had half the force the Bolton's had)

That is another thing that was stupid about the writing. Her not telling Jon about the House Arryn forces coming. That is incredibly lame. Only a complete moron would not notify your army leaders of a HUGE on coming force. I don't give a damn what you suppose she is doing. That is flat out STUPID.

See @Heisenberg 's post right above yours. The fact that she kept it hidden from Jon is probably why they were able to defeat Ramsey's army. Ramsey would've retreated if he was outnumbered or even matched. Sansa knew Jon would fight even if it was imminent death. He's tough but he isn't the best battlefield strategist. Ramsey's men had Jon's men surrounded and they were slowly crushing them all to death. Their only vulnerable part was behind them, which is where Petyr's men came from.

Now, I give you the fact that it's predictable and unrealistic writing. In a real battle, Sansa probably wouldn't have risked not telling Jon. And Petyr's men probably wouldn't have arrived at the perfect time. But it made sense for the show and coincided with Sansa's attitude that you had to catch Ramsey off guard.

Now, the thing I find interesting is the timing in which Petyr's men showed up. Jon's army is depleted. Petyr can kill all of his men if Jon doesn't agree to all his terms. I'm curious to see what Petyr wants. The preview showed him requesting/demanding a marriage to Sansa. I think that much was obvious. But I wouldn't be surprised if he has more up his sleeve. He really has all the leverage.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Why did Ramsey just shoot the Giant down with the bow unexpectedly when he could've shot Jon....

I also hate that Daenarys didn't take out the ships the 1st time she flew in.

A charging Wun Wun was a bigger threat than an idle Jon.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
See @Heisenberg 's post right above yours. The fact that she kept it hidden from Jon is probably why they were able to defeat Ramsey's army. Ramsey would've retreated if he was outnumbered or even matched.

Now see, that is logic a real tactician would know and understand without the need for someone to hide truth from the commander. Besides, if she told him the idea. Only an idiot wouldn't see the reason in that and go with that plan. If I were Jon and Sansa wasn't my sister. I would have excuted her for hiding that fact from me.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Just so we're all on the same page, but Davos finding that wooden horse randomly to make him suspect something is terrible writing. We can all agree on that, right?

You mean like Mormont finding Khaleesis ring in the desert when she dropped it to keep it hidden from the Dothraki. "hey, look what I found. Yea that was pretty lame....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Fitting end to Ramsey...though one might argue that he got off too easy

He did. If you could compound all the pain he inflicted on others on himself. That would have been a truly deserving end.

...but that isn't possible as he would have died. Deal him what he dealt is the next best thing. Hence the dogs.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He did. If you could compound all the pain he inflicted on others on himself. That would have been a truely deserving end.

...but that isn't possible as he would have died. Deal him what he dealt is the next best thing. Hence the dogs.

Could always see if Melisandre can bring him back for another round. Kidding, of course.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
See @Heisenberg 's post right above yours. The fact that she kept it hidden from Jon is probably why they were able to defeat Ramsey's army. Ramsey would've retreated if he was outnumbered or even matched. Sansa knew Jon would fight even if it was imminent death. He's tough but he isn't the best battlefield strategist. Ramsey's men had Jon's men surrounded and they were slowly crushing them all to death. Their only vulnerable part was behind them, which is where Petyr's men came from.

Now, I give you the fact that it's predictable and unrealistic writing. In a real battle, Sansa probably wouldn't have risked not telling Jon. And Petyr's men probably wouldn't have arrived at the perfect time. But it made sense for the show and coincided with Sansa's attitude that you had to catch Ramsey off guard.

Now, the thing I find interesting is the timing in which Petyr's men showed up. Jon's army is depleted. Petyr can kill all of his men if Jon doesn't agree to all his terms. I'm curious to see what Petyr wants. The preview showed him requesting/demanding a marriage to Sansa. I think that much was obvious. But I wouldn't be surprised if he has more up his sleeve. He really has all the leverage.

Retreating and waiting is not Ramsay's way. He spoke out against that kind of thing in the past. Davos points out it's not his style. A siege is a last resort for someone like Ramsay.

His stratagey would be different, but he would have fought.

I can't buy the other theories either because Sansa was telling Jon to get more men. So there was no ploy to withold information so there could be a surprise. She was just stupid, plain and simple.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You mean like Mormont finding Khaleesis ring in the desert when she dropped it to keep it hidden from the Dothraki. "hey, look what I found. Yea that was pretty lame....

Actually both of those were plausible with how they were presented. The biggest hurdles would be the horse surviving the fire and the pyre not being covered in snow.

Neither was a random find. They were in locations where they would be found. The ring in the middle of worn area from horses where it was obvious she had stood, and the horse at the pyre next to the camp.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
What the hell is Sansa doing and why didn't she tell Jon about Little Finger?

It's either terrible writing or she's one huge piece of crap. With Little Fingers forces Jon would never of rushed into battle like that. The chances are that most of the lords backing Ramsey would of left his side. The Umbers don't give a damn about Ramsey. The Karstarks are the only house you can say ok they'll go down with the ship. But outside of them it's rather obvious who the North would support.

If Sansa wasn't sure if Little Finger would come or not is not a good excuse to not let Jon know what's going on. Seems to me Sansa is more worried about her revenge and is willing to sacrifice everyone to get it..

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

Yeah that was pretty terrible also.

Actually both of those were plausible with how they were presented. The biggest hurdles would be the horse surviving the fire and the pyre not being covered in snow.

Neither was a random find. They were in locations where they would be found. The ring in the middle of worn area from horses where it was obvious she had stood, and the horse at the pyre next to the camp.

That's just bollox.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Jon Snow comes back from the Dead

The Witch that brings him back is 400 years old

Daenerys survives too gigantic fires that hatch 3 dragons, which she can ride

But you can't believe a ring was found in the center of a giant circle and a charred figurine was found in an old pile of logs steps from an army encampment

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
How so? What is random about either? What is the big stretch?

How would she even think he would be back to look? He was there by total chance. If it wasn't for the battle with Ramsey and his need to take walks he wouldnt of even been near that location again. It also implies he wouldnt have found out about what happened without the horse. You would imagine a king burning his daughter in front of his men would get the word of mouth treatment.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
My son believes that Sansa is pregnant with Ramseys child. Because of what she said to Littlefinger and her still feeling what Ramsey did to her and Ramsey saying at the end that she could not kill him because he is part of her now.

I did not get that but it seems that with the series winding down that open up a whole new story line.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How would she even think he would be back to look? He was there by total chance. If it wasn't for the battle with Ramsey and his need to take walks he wouldnt of even been near that location again. It also implies he wouldnt have found out about what happened without the horse. You would imagine a king burning his daughter in front of his men would get the word of mouth treatment.

Where did you get the idea that she was thinking anything about anyone finding anything? She carried it because it meant something to her, that is all.

And Davos was at the wall, not where they get a lot of word of what is going on in the outside world.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What the hell is Sansa doing and why didn't she tell Jon about Little Finger?

It's either terrible writing or she's one huge piece of crap. With Little Fingers forces Jon would never of rushed into battle like that. The chances are that most of the lords backing Ramsey would of left his side. The Umbers don't give a damn about Ramsey. The Karstarks are the only house you can say ok they'll go down with the ship. But outside of them it's rather obvious who the North would support.

If Sansa wasn't sure if Little Finger would come or not is not a good excuse to not let Jon know what's going on. Seems to me Sansa is more worried about her revenge and is willing to sacrifice everyone to get it..

So Sansa writes LF a letter that doesn't get a response. Maybe she did tell Jon, but he could have dismissed it as a long shot.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Where did you get the idea that she was thinking anything about anyone finding anything? She carried it because it meant something to her, that is all.

And Davos was at the wall, not where they get a lot of word of what is going on in the outside world.

Months have passed since they burned he's travelled to different houses asking for help.

And what ever you were saying about it not being ridiculous. It is. He found it because he just happened to be taking a walk. The literal only person that it could matter to. Lazy dumb writing for popcorn munching oafs.