Game of Thrones Season 6

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing like settling in to watch after the wife goes to bed only to find out I recorded it in Spanish :laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone will be talking about Jon... What is also interesting that some will overlook is Tyrion and the dragons... Might play into Tyrion Targaryen theories

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I'm still catching up. 5 seasons in 2 weeks. What happened to sam? I missed it if he got whacked.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still catching up. 5 seasons in 2 weeks. What happened to sam? I missed it if he got whacked.

Sam is good for now. PM me if you want to know what he is up to. Dont' want to put it down if you have not got caught up and don't want to know yet.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Everyone will be talking about Jon... What is also interesting that some will overlook is Tyrion and the dragons... Might play into Tyrion Targaryen theories

yea, I thought about that. not sure if I believe those theories though

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, I thought about that. not sure if I believe those theories though

I did not initially but now...not so sure. Plus if you read the books you remember the one kid that was to have had targareon blood getting killed by the dragons when he went to them and they completely left that dead end story line out of the tv series.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
great show last night. You knew something was going to happen when the watch was getting ready to break in to the room Jon was in. And you knew when they all walked out of the room that the wolf or jon was going to do something. Cant wait till next week.

Refresh my memory someone. Theon was the son of the guy that killed on the bridge last night right? I dont rememer the guy that killed him. Has his brother been on the show before. some of the story lines are old and my brain is now what it once was.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
great show last night. You knew something was going to happen when the watch was getting ready to break in to the room Jon was in. And you knew when they all walked out of the room that the wolf or jon was going to do something. Cant wait till next week.

Refresh my memory someone. Theon was the son of the guy that killed on the bridge last night right? I dont rememer the guy that killed him. Has his brother been on the show before. some of the story lines are old and my brain is now what it once was.

Yes that was Theon's dad that got killed (finally - he was the first of the kings to die after Mellisandre burned the leaches in the books). And it was Euron Greyjoy, who has not been seen on the show before (and wasn't in the books until after the death shown).

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Sam is good for now. PM me if you want to know what he is up to. Dont' want to put it down if you have not got caught up and don't want to know yet.

i wiki'd it and he's off on a mission from god it would seem. or something like that. i'm 100% caught up on which show is current but doing 5 years in 2 weeks - i've got some gaps to fill in while i keep sorting out who's who...and who's still alive.

or dead.

then...

nevermind... >G<

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i wiki'd it and he's off on a mission from god it would seem. or something like that. i'm 100% caught up on which show is current but doing 5 years in 2 weeks - i've got some gaps to fill in while i keep sorting out who's who...and who's still alive.

or dead.

then...

nevermind... >G<

I got my wife binge watching it with me a couple of weeks before it started. I wanted to watch it again from start to finish and she finally started watching it with me and is now hooked. Also a couple people at work were doing the same thing. So now they are pretty much caught up and watching the new season.

And I will say...after watching them again...man alive the foreshadowing and set ups are really prevalent that one probably never noticed as much watching it the first time. Some of them have pretty much made it clear that many of the fan theories are true.

Oh....and since you know he is Gone...Sam wanted to get Gilly and the Baby away to keep them safe. However he also wanted to go to the Citadel to become a Maester and hopefully come back to the wall to fill in for the old Maester that was there.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Does anybody think it's a little "cheap" that GRRM can just bring back anyone whenever he wants? I mean, it happened in the show quite a few times and in the book even more. And so far it seems to be a little random why some people come back more human than others. For example, Khal Drogo came back and was so useless in full zombie mode that Daenerys had to smother him back to death. But then that one guy who died in the show a bunch of times seemed completely normal. And then (in the books) Lady Stoneheart can't speak, but that's understandable since her throat was slit. Just seems a little arbitrary. I mean, I guess Khal Drogo was pretty dumb to begin with. Or maybe the lady who resurrected him didn't know what she was doing. And I doubt Jon is gonna come back all zombie-ish otherwise it wouldn't even be worth bringing him back in the first place. In my opinion, it just seems a little cheap. Part of what originally made the show awesome to me was that anyone could die. I was shocked when Ned died in the first season. I was sure he would be the last man standing in the series finale. But now GRRM can just bring back whoever he wants. Seems like a cheap writing trick. I remember hearing some director/writing saying one time that "dreams" are such a cheap writing trick. This whole story unfolds and then the final scene shows it was all a dream. Well, I think this whole resurrection thing is a little cheap too.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I got my wife binge watching it with me a couple of weeks before it started. I wanted to watch it again from start to finish and she finally started watching it with me and is now hooked. Also a couple people at work were doing the same thing. So now they are pretty much caught up and watching the new season.

And I will say...after watching them again...man alive the foreshadowing and set ups are really prevalent that one probably never noticed as much watching it the first time. Some of them have pretty much made it clear that many of the fan theories are true.

Oh....and since you know he is Gone...Sam wanted to get Gilly and the Baby away to keep them safe. However he also wanted to go to the Citadel to become a Maester and hopefully come back to the wall to fill in for the old Maester that was there.

feel free to explain any gaps i will certainly have while i recompile the 5 seasons in 2 weeks. :) the 2 guys at work did a great job and i took notes on the major parts. i suck w/names so i had to tell people other names till i learned better.

john snow - orlando blume. looks like him.
spanish guy that championed tyrell - he sounded like antonio bandares so that's what i called him. his whole inego montoya rip was hilarious though. :)

i'm holding out hope the hound returns.

hardhome - i'll watch that again later today.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Does anybody think it's a little "cheap" that GRRM can just bring back anyone whenever he wants? I mean, it happened in the show quite a few times and in the book even more. And so far it seems to be a little random why some people come back more human than others. For example, Khal Drogo came back and was so useless in full zombie mode that Daenerys had to smother him back to death. But then that one guy who died in the show a bunch of times seemed completely normal. And then (in the books) Lady Stoneheart can't speak, but that's understandable since her throat was slit. Just seems a little arbitrary. I mean, I guess Khal Drogo was pretty dumb to begin with. Or maybe the lady who resurrected him didn't know what she was doing. And I doubt Jon is gonna come back all zombie-ish otherwise it wouldn't even be worth bringing him back in the first place. In my opinion, it just seems a little cheap. Part of what originally made the show awesome to me was that anyone could die. I was shocked when Ned died in the first season. I was sure he would be the last man standing in the series finale. But now GRRM can just bring back whoever he wants. Seems like a cheap writing trick. I remember hearing some director/writing saying one time that "dreams" are such a cheap writing trick. This whole story unfolds and then the final scene shows it was all a dream. Well, I think this whole resurrection thing is a little cheap too.

Never thought about it like that before, although its clear you have to find some kind of witch to bring anybody back....The Mountain doestn count cause that Maester did a Frankenstein and it was his first time.....The weirdest part to me was, supposedly Melisandre is hundreds of years old and she never once tried, or at least thought about, bringin someone back from the dead? seriously? she knew what to do and what spell(s) to chant....but that whole Davos askin her to do it and her bein all like huh? I couldnt posssibly.....and then 5 minutes later she's done it.....that part was a fail in my eyes.....

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yeah, the Bolton Massacre kinda goes under the radar as well with all the Jon talk.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never thought about it like that before, although its clear you have to find some kind of witch to bring anybody back....The Mountain doestn count cause that Maester did a Frankenstein and it was his first time.....The weirdest part to me was, supposedly Melisandre is hundreds of years old and she never once tried, or at least thought about, bringin someone back from the dead? seriously? she knew what to do and what spell(s) to chant....but that whole Davos askin her to do it and her bein all like huh? I couldnt posssibly.....and then 5 minutes later she's done it.....that part was a fail in my eyes.....

I may be that's she's tried before and failed. Going back to early seasons, the first time Berric Dondarian was brought back was only successful because the Red Priest (Thoros of Myr) was in complete despair over the loss. He was drunk and had cast aside his belief in the the red god. He did it with no expectation that it would work, and no confidence in himself as a priest. For all her 400 years of age, Melisandre has always been unwavering in her belief and power. Until now with John and Stannis dead. She's hit rock bottom. My guess is that level of hopelessness is key in having it work.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the woman/witch who brought Khalid Drogo back... Brought him back like that on purpose. She did it as a revenge to what happened to her (she was raped before Khaleesi found her), deaths of her family and people.

So I think she did it knowing he would not be back as normal and knowing the old magic would take away khaleesi's baby as well. She laughed about it and Khaleesi burned her alive for it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not just that, but a fat lady and new-born baby got eaten by dogs! That's crazy!
See I thought at first maybe the father got Ramsey because he knew he was a monster and would try and kill the new born... But Ramsey got him first. Soon as he opened the gates to the kennel I know poor mom and baby were going to the dogs