*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

FloridaRob

Reaction score
After much thought, I think Cersei should be the final butt on the Iron Throne. The gal has played the game better than anyone else. She has consistenly gotten rid of her enemies, tortured those who have tortured her, outsmarted her adversaries and even her allies to stay ahead of it all. Jon Snow is the sentimental choice with DAny a close 2nd but give it to Cersai. She is playing chess while the others are playing checkers.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
My favorite part of episode 1 was when they discover Little Lord Fauntleroy staked to a wall with a severed limb swirl, then awakens as a walker, then set on fire with a flaming sword...... that was pretty awesome. I agree with Cersei, very disappointed there weren't any elephants. A rampaging flaming elephant would have been pretty cool when the dragon elephant encounter would have happened.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Concerning the limb swirl as you put it. I find it a bit odd that after seven seasons, now in the final season they are starting to give character depth to the white walkers. The white walkers were always just zombies with one goal. Kill everyone. Now all the sudden they are artists and schemers. They build up this elaborate setup with the dead boy when they still have no idea how to cross water.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense. They were dumb killers, but then no so much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I felt really bad for Sam Tully. Good for him how he delivered the truth to Jon. No way that dragon lady is going to bend the knee to King Jon. I believe the dragon Jon was riding sensed he is a Targaryen.
I was thinking that too. They could probably smell that the two of them were related.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It will be interesting watching how Sam deals with the truth of Dany's punishment of his father and brother. Sam is extremely loyal and I doubt he would ever turn on Jon but no one ever truly knows which direction GOT will take its characters. I am sure Sam will be empathic of Jon's love for Dany but can Sam's friendship for Jon survive this test? I hope so.

Sam's news has rocked Jon to his core. How does he reconcile being in love with his aunt? I have little doubt the revelation of knowing both who he truly is and who his biological paternal family is will impact him extremely but he is a Stark also. The Stark family has been Jon's primary self-identification, one he has always fought for acknowledgment.

Jon has always wanted to live up to Ned Stark's ideal, to protect his family and The North--so much so that (up to this point) he placed those over his own desire. Does the revelation ultimately raise the option of ruling above his past desire? In my option, he will not seek the throne UNLESS Dany does something that will endanger the welfare of the North and the Seven Kingdoms. News of Dany killing Sam's family did not shake his bond for Dany. I think whatever event that would spark Jon into rebelling against Dany will be extremely powerful.

Olenna Tyrell gave Dany her best advice: "Be a dragon." She has always sought her birthright and has gone through hell to reclaim it. I believe Sam was right. Dany would not renounce her claim to the Iron Throne, even to Jon. Personally I am in her corner 100%--unless she turns into Cersei...
I'm actually surprised at how upset Sam was about his father's death. (Not so much his brother, but even to a certain degree)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Concerning the limb swirl as you put it. I find it a bit odd that after seven seasons, now in the final season they are starting to give character depth to the white walkers. The white walkers were always just zombies with one goal. Kill everyone. Now all the sudden they are artists and schemers. They build up this elaborate setup with the dead boy when they still have no idea how to cross water.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense. They were dumb killers, but then no so much.
They can't swim, but nobody really knows if they can cross water. The Night King is far from stupid. I'm sure he can figure out how to sail a ship. As for the symbolism, there are theories online, but I don't even want to read them.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

The white walkers have been creating their art since the first episode. They arranged bodies north of the wall, they arranged horse carcasses in that same swirl pattern. It could be part message, part ritual, maybe something else, magical or invoking some kind of energy.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
They can't swim, but nobody really knows if they can cross water. The Night King is far from stupid. I'm sure he can figure out how to sail a ship. As for the symbolism, there are theories online, but I don't even want to read them.

It seems that they can't, the Greyjoys mention they need to secure their keep in case the northern armies need a place to retreat to that the walkers can't reach.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The white walkers have been creating their art since the first episode. They arranged bodies north of the wall, they arranged horse carcasses in that same swirl pattern. It could be part message, part ritual, maybe something else, magical or invoking some kind of energy.

Exactly, it's not new. The first episode, what they left of the NIght Watch camp north of the wall, the drawings in the cave near Dragonstone, and of course when the Night King was created, the pattern(s) were present.

The wights may be *somewhat* mindless, but the White Walkers are far from it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It seems that they can't, the Greyjoys mention they need to secure their keep in case the northern armies need a place to retreat to that the walkers can't reach.
I know, but I think that's just an assumption on their part. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Night King take someone's ships, using the sailors he reanimated to sail them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hmm. One thing I didn't think of. Do the white walkers have to be the one who kills someone to raise them? Or can they raise people who were already dead? I don't recall if I've ever seen them just raise an already dead person.

I was just thinking if they came across a battle field from a previous battle. Could they raise all the dead there?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hmm. One thing I didn't think of. Do the white walkers have to be the one who kills someone to raise them? Or can they raise people who were already dead? I don't recall if I've ever seen them just raise an already dead person.

I was just thinking if they came across a battle field from a previous battle. Could they raise all the dead there?
Judging by the various rates of decay among them, I'd say they can raise any dead creature. Also, the Free Folk burn all their bodies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm actually surprised at how upset Sam was about his father's death. (Not so much his brother, but even to a certain degree)
I have always thought Sam wanted his father's approval badly even though he treated Sam like crap. That is where Sam's emotion was coming from as far as his father's death was concerning in my opinion. Sam was 'hoping' his father would some day say he was proud of him but Dany took that opportunity away from him.

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Arya is going to kill the undead Dragon and probably the night king himself with this doodad.

This certainly looks like a spear of sort that comes apart. Arya trained with spears with the Faceless Men, yet we've never seen her use one. Also, Arya loved the Dornish and their warriors and they were known to fight with spears. Arya named her wolf Nymeria which was named of Nymeria of Dorne, the warrior-queen of the Rhoynar who lived a thousand years ago.

Finally, the night king killed the first dragon with a spear...

TbDdyR.jpg

Arya will sit upon the iron throne when all is said and done! HA-HA @DallasEast

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wondering what's gonna happen when the Mountain (dead) meets the white walkers.
Night King: Wassup!
Mountain: Yo!
Night King: I'm here to kill Cersei.
Mountain: No can do, dead bro.
Night King: Look. My beef is with the living. Step aside.
Mountain: Nope. What are going to do? Kill me?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have always thought Sam wanted his father's approval badly even though he treated Sam like crap. That is where Sam's emotion was coming from as far as his father's death was concerning in my opinion. Sam was 'hoping' his father would some day say he was proud of him but Dany took that opportunity away from him.
Good point. But deep down he had to know there was nothing he could ever do that would be good enough.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arya will sit upon the iron throne when all is said and done! HA-HA @DallasEast
Arya will use her Faceless Men ability to get within 10 feet of the Night King. Viserion catches her scent just before she spears him, says to himself, 'Doesn't smell like White Walker to me', roasts her alive and then swallows her whole.

:grin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point. But deep down he had to know there was nothing he could ever do that would be good enough.
Agreed but some children always want their parents' affection no matter what. Just look no further than Tyrion and Tywin as an example. Tywin deserves getting killed sitting on the toilet but Tyrion regretted having to do it.