*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny. For someone who pretty much does not watch broadcast TV and haven't for a long time. I actually have two TV shows (GoT and Star Trek Discovery) I'm watching that I have to wait each week to see. Most TV shows struggle to keep my interest. The ones that do, I usually stop watching because watching a show on a schedule usually doomed the show for me. I tried DVRs and that really didn't work.

Streaming at anytime is definitely the answer, but again. There are two at the same time. That is unheard of for me. hah

btw, I have no idea why there isn't a thread for Star Trek Discovery. This season has been fantastic!
I had an agreement with the Red Angel to kidnap and take you to the far future where no one would ever see or hear from you again. Then Control stepped in and messed up all my plans! :mad:

On a serious note, ST: Discovery has re-energized the franchise. Every episode is freshly done without looking like the series' predecessors. I really enjoy Michelle Yeoh's character from the mirror universe--evil and likeable at the same time.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm just saying, especially with how they like twists and surprises, that there could be a scenario where the Age of the Iron Throne ends. In it's place the "Iron Council" is born, the throne reforged into a large council table with each kingdom represented equally and have a seat at the table. The unwashed masses would love the idea and in theory sounds great, but people being ambitious and greedy, there would still be plenty of back stabbing and double dealing, but hey at least, they wouldn't but at the mercy of a single unhinged ruler.

Kind of defeats the entire premise of the show. The Iron Throne. Who will rule the 7 kingdoms? That's what the 'Game' is all about.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, I agree with the chatter. There needs to be a Captain Pike spinoff. Anson Mount has been an awesome Captain Pike!
Agreed. It has been great seeing the lineage of Enterprise captains. Scott Bakula did a good job as Captain Archer on Enterprise but Mount has been even better as Pike on Discovery, even though Mount has had much less time establishing his character.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Kind of defeats the entire premise of the show. The Iron Throne. Who will rule the 7 kingdoms? That's what the 'Game' is all about.

Great conflict can spark great changes. The realm has been fractured and unwilling to trust or come together until it was almost too late to save humanity and in attempt to insure that doesn't happen again when winter comes, the Iron Council is born. I can see something like that happening, especially if Jon Snow is the last one standing, so to speak. He's always been the reluctant leader and experienced first hand how difficult it was to unite kingdoms even in the face of extinction. Creating a council with each kingdom having a seat and an equal voice in how they are ruled with Jon as Council Chairman. Sansa becomes Queen in the North and appoints Lady Mormont council member for the North.

Lyanna-Mormont-fave.gif

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's funny. For someone who pretty much does not watch broadcast TV and haven't for a long time. I actually have two TV shows (GoT and Star Trek Discovery) I'm watching that I have to wait each week to see. Most TV shows struggle to keep my interest. The ones that do, I usually stop watching because watching a show on a schedule usually doomed the show for me. I tried DVRs and that really didn't work.

Streaming at anytime is definitely the answer, but again. There are two at the same time. That is unheard of for me. hah

btw, I have no idea why there isn't a thread for Star Trek Discovery. This season has been fantastic!

Also, I agree with the chatter. There needs to be a Captain Pike spinoff. Anson Mount has been an awesome Captain Pike!

STD has been really good this season. I hope they do more "Short Treks" again between seasons.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
“You left Winterfell a king and came back … I’m not sure what you are now. A lord? Nothing at all?”

I guess in your case little Lyanna Mormont would have said..."you started the day as "KingintheNorth"...lol

Lyanna Mormont must be part dragon, cuz she came out breathing fire! :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In seriously anxious to see how that plays out. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has been wonderful as his character has evolved. I think thats going to be a crushing scene
He's the 3 Eyed Raven now. I think he'll see Jaime as an important piece to winning the war, rather than the guy who crippled him.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I'm guessing Jaime is more integral to solving whatever is happening with Cersei after the upcoming battle at Winterfell. Stll think he kills her in a callback to when he was forced to kill Ares. Or some kind of murder-suicide.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm guessing Jaime is more integral to solving whatever is happening with Cersei after the upcoming battle at Winterfell. Stll think he kills her in a callback to when he was forced to kill Ares. Or some kind of murder-suicide.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to be the one to kill Cersei, but he doesn't have to be living to do it.

Big_D

Reaction score
It should end with a Tyrion and Bran staring contest!! Who blinks first?!

Last edited: