Garrett Got Outcoached

morat1959

Reaction score
Same teams, head coaches, and similar rosters last year... we were at home and beat the Saints.

Did he have them prepared that game?
No...the game plan was a JG staple. I do not understand how anyone can defend this guy. Maybe the next head coach will have to be in the same mold because of our asinine GM! I don’t know but I do know we will never win a SB with this puppet as HC.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The patriots are one of the greatest dynasties in football but they also lose some games most years.
Pure and simple. Him not wanting Dak to throw the ball an rely just on Elliott running the ball was the reason why we lost. The Saints were loading the box. Yet time and again we kept running up the middle.

Moore is not at fault here. This is all on Garrett.

How is Moore not at fault?

Either Moore is or isn't the OC calling plays. If you blame garrett for this loss then give him his credit for the other 3 games.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
JG has all authority to make changes in game or tell Moore to do something different.

Yet he had a blank look on his face and said a word to no one. He’s listening to the play calls in his headset, he knows what’s up. For him to stand there and let the game pass him by, gives him just as much blame as Moore.

Maybe he had that “oh crap!” look because he made Moore use his game plan instead.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The clapper offers nothing to help win games. Period! That’s all that needs to be said.

I am not a Garrett apologist—the guy has his flaws to be sure (I was done with him after 2008)— but you don’t earn an 82-62 career record by “offering nothing to win games” lol...

Have your opinion... just don’t pretend you are objective or rational lol

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Talent beat Drew Brees and Sean Payton last year. Coaching lost to Bridgewater and Payton this.

Agreed . This year the roster couldn't overcome the atrocious game planning and the absolute shame, that senile Jerrah calls 'head-coaching' .

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
JG has all authority to make changes in game or tell Moore to do something different.

Yet he had a blank look on his face and said a word to no one. He’s listening to the play calls in his headset, he knows what’s up. For him to stand there and let the game pass him by, gives him just as much blame as Moore.

Maybe he had that “oh crap!” look because he made Moore use his game plan instead.

100%,
Garrett is to blame , this team has twice the talent that the saints have .
As 'headcoach motivator' , whatever ... he should have motivated his talented team to execute , and motivated Moore to adjust the gameplanning and playcalling .

He didn't motivate wonderboy genius at offense , and this is the result .

And i thought garrett motivated his team...

aria

Reaction score
Garrett beat Peyton last year, why is that never brought up? He loses by a couple points and he sucks, got out coached, etc. He beats Peyton last year and it’s never mentioned. Why is that?

kwcool619

Reaction score
I've asked a question several times when I've read these comments, and nobody has even tried to respond. So I'm going to quote something I posted earlier and see if you have a response.

Not defending Garrett, because I agree he has deficiencies, but I keep wondering how 12 points by the Saints against the Cowboys this year, and 10 last by the Saints against the Cowboys last year, points to such a dramatic display of superior coaching. 2 games, both low scoring with limited offense, with the Cowboys winning one and the Saints winning one … that seems to be pretty much a draw.

Maybe it is two teams not yielding an inch to each other. I will lean towards giving credit to the DCs. Hopefully that qualifies your question.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Garrett is a motivator, not a tactician. He has a philosophy about football and doesn't seem to want to adjust his thinking.

Personally, I think his future would be better served as a G.M. He is a solid, not outstanding coach, just think he would be a real good General Manager.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett beat Peyton last year, why is that never brought up? He loses by a couple points and he sucks, got out coached, etc. He beats Peyton last year and it’s never mentioned. Why is that?

Too many people here with an agenda for that to ever happen. He only gets blame for losses and zero credit when we win. :rolleyes:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett took over , we had no read options, no play action, no pre-snap movements, etc ...

while we went back to last year ; (because garrett had a lucky game and the talent won)

Peyton adjusts, learns, modifies ... because thats what good coaches do . Not garrett though.

all the while, We are stuck with Dumb & garrett over here.

aria

Reaction score
Too many people here with an agenda for that to ever happen. He only gets blame for losses and zero credit when we win. :rolleyes:
And it won’t come up that Witten and Zeke fumbled the ball. Had the players done their jobs we most likely would have won but they get free passes for some odd reason.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
And it won’t come up that Witten and Zeke fumbled the ball. Had the players done their jobs we most likely would have won but they get free passes for some odd reason.

I agree. I love Witten but he did cough it up. Zeke freaks will scream that he was down but he shouldn't have put the a game changing play in the hands of the refs. Especially at the price the Cowboys are paying him now. Hold onto the ball!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
They only gave up 12 points, so defense wasn't the problem.

It was somewhat of a problem.

They didn’t get off the field allowing NO to eat clock and limiting our offensive possessions.

So they don’t beat the brunt of blame, they are hardly blameless here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was somewhat of a problem.

They didn’t get off the field allowing NO to eat clock and limiting our offensive possessions.

So they don’t beat the brunt of blame, they are hardly blameless here.
All the offense had to do was sustain one possession enough to get in FG range and that would have been negated. They were almost there before both the Witten and Zeke fumbles

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The patriots are one of the greatest dynasties in football but they also lose some games most years.

How is Moore not at fault?

Either Moore is or isn't the OC calling plays. If you blame garrett for this loss then give him his credit for the other 3 games.

Because Garrett enforced that lame azz offense of his onto Moore thats why. You think that the offense you saw was a Moore offense?

That was Garrett wanting to play safe and not to lose. Thus the reason why we lost was Garrett.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it is two teams not yielding an inch to each other. I will lean towards giving credit to the DCs. Hopefully that qualifies your question.
I’m cool with this because it recognizes that over the games this year and last it was a struggle in which neither side outsmarted the other.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Pure and simple. Him not wanting Dak to throw the ball an rely just on Elliott running the ball was the reason why we lost. The Saints were loading the box. Yet time and again we kept running up the middle.

Moore is not at fault here. This is all on Garrett.

Do you know how you sound. The first 3 weeks the world was talking about the new OC Moore and the world was giving Moore the credit for those wins. Now the Cowboys lose and Moore called that game too but now you want to put the blame on Garrett. Ya right, when the Cowboys win it because of Moore's play calling but when they lose then it's Garrett's fault. Bad try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Because Garrett enforced that lame azz offense of his onto Moore thats why. You think that the offense you saw was a Moore offense?

That was Garrett wanting to play safe and not to lose. Thus the reason why we lost was Garrett.

I see Moore is just the sometimes OC when it fits your scenario, when the Cowboys lose though then he wasn't the OC. You don't get to have it both ways. Either Moore IS the OC or he's not.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Do you know how you sound. The first 3 weeks the world was talking about the new OC Moore and the world was giving Moore the credit for those wins. Now the Cowboys lose and Moore called that game too but now you want to put the blame on Garrett. Ya right, when the Cowboys win it because of Moore's play calling but when they lose then it's Garrett's fault. Bad try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL if you don't like what I say then ignore me. Too bad.