General NBA Discussion

MC KAos

Reaction score
alright decently big day today in the NBA considering a lot of things are already settled, but there are 3 important games on tonight, plus the decision on Ron Artest might come today.

Clippers @ Hawks is the first game, the hawks are up 1 game for home court vs the celtics in the first round, and the tie breaker goes to the celtics, so the hawks need to keep winning. the clippers need to keep winning to stay alive in the race for the pacific division and also to stay ahead of the grizzlies, who can overtake them for the 4 seed and home court. so this is a pretty big game for both teams. if the clippers lose, the lakers clinch the division, the 3 seed, and they might rest everyone, including kobe, and most likely give the scoring title to durant.

Heat @ Celtics on TNT and has seeding repercussions for both teams. the celtics can still catch the aforementioned hawks for home court in the first round, but thats about it. With a loss by the heat, the spurs would clinch the second best record in the NBA and have home court vs the most likely east winner, the heat. its tied right now between the heat and thunder for home court in that possible finals matchup also, so thats out there also.

Suns @ Jazz is probably the most important game tonight, If the jazz win they clinch a playoff spot, if they lose, the suns would take control of the 8 seed and would only need to beat the spurs in the final game of the regular season to qualify, and its possible they will be facing mostly bench players for that game. they could also beat the jazz, lose to the spurs, and have the jazz lose to the blazers and make the playoffs.

Reaction score
I hope Utah wins because I think they'll give the Spurs some serious problems. I'm not sure they can beat them, but they definitely can push them to 6 or 7. The Spurs would probably sweep Phoenix. Hopefully the Hawks so we can rest the big 3 in the season finale on Thursday.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4522477 said:
I hope Utah wins because I think they'll give the Spurs some serious problems. I'm not sure they can beat them, but they definitely can push them to 6 or 7. The Spurs would probably sweep Phoenix. Hopefully the Hawks so we can rest the big 3 in the season finale on Thursday.

:lmao:

the jazz taking the spurs to 6 or 7 games, thats a good one!

MC KAos

Reaction score
now that i live in fort worth, i think im going to switch from directv to verizon fios (the internet is AMAZING from what i hear, specially compared to the crap i have now) and instead of getting sunday ticket, just get red zone and nba league pass so i can watch the spurs! anyone here have league pass? ive heard bad things about the broadband part, but im sure its cheaper than sunday ticket, anyone know how much it is?

Reaction score
MC KAos;4522509 said:
:lmao:

the jazz taking the spurs to 6 or 7 games, thats a good one!

What's so funny? The Jazz have a terrific frontline just like Memphis last year. There's absolutely no reason why they can't give the Spurs a tough series.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4522581 said:
What's so funny? The Jazz have a terrific frontline just like Memphis last year. There's absolutely no reason why they can't give the Spurs a tough series.

the difference, and its a BIG difference, is that the jazz big men are 6'10" (jefferson) and 6'8" (milsap) and while favors is talented, he is still raw, and he is also only 6'10". their front line is good, but nowhere near as good as the lakers or grizzlies, and no where near as big. its not an accident we spanked them 3 times, the only game we lost was while resting the big 3, in utah, and we were leading with less than 2 minutes to go, we just couldnt close, the big 3 can close. this series will go 5, no more, maybe less.

MC KAos

Reaction score
while i would rather play the suns, thats mainly because it will absolutely be a sweep, and id LOVE to beat the suns in the playoffs, for payback, and to piss off their fans by beating them using their style!

Aikbach

Reaction score
Maybe vet savvy Mavs can make a repeat run in the playoffs, steady eddie their way to the finals.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4522596 said:
the difference, and its a BIG difference, is that the jazz big men are 6'10" (jefferson) and 6'8" (milsap) and while favors is talented, he is still raw, and he is also only 6'10". their front line is good, but nowhere near as good as the lakers or grizzlies, and no where near as big. its not an accident we spanked them 3 times, the only game we lost was while resting the big 3, in utah, and we were leading with less than 2 minutes to go, we just couldnt close, the big 3 can close. this series will go 5, no more, maybe less.

Once again I don't understand while you're using regular season meetings to make your argument. They don't mean anything. You see it happen every year teams win a regular season series against another team and end up losing to that same team in the playoffs. By your logic the Spurs would beat the Lakers easily which obviously won't happen. Yeah Utah's frontline maybe slightly undersized, but they're still very good and without question the 3rd best frontline in basketball behind the Lakers and Grizzlies.

No offense man, but I think you're a little overconfident. The Spurs have the best record in the West so what? They did last year and they got ousted in the 1st round. Regular season doesn't mean anything. If it did LeBron would have 2 rings. Not saying the Spurs won't win the West, but you're delusional if you think it's gonna be easy. Yeah they'll most likely beat Utah, but it won't be easy. After that I could definitely see the Grizzlies beating them and obviously the Lakers and Thunder could take them down. Even the Clippers could.

MC KAos

Reaction score
You need to understand something, the whole "regular season doesn't matter" doesn't apply to all situations, and it's usually a good precursor to what will happen in the playoffs. The only time "the regular season doesn't matter" applies is when a team has been there done that, which the jazz certainly have not! As for the spurs losing last year in the first round, so what? Last time I checked it was 2012, not 2011! The mavs lost in the first round in 2010 and won the title the next year, so who cares? We are the one seed this year, and that's the only similarity between this year's team and last year, barring ginobili breaking his arm, Duncan spraining his ankle, trading Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson, kawhi Leonard for George hill, taking a year of experience away from Neal, green, splitter, etc you get my drift, it's not the same team, not at all! And you will see the difference in a few weeks

Ps saying the jazz have the third best front line is equivalent to Keith van horn being the second best player in the 97 draft, it's quite a drop off! And none of their players are better right now than Duncan

Reaction score
MC KAos;4522658 said:
You need to understand something, the whole "regular season doesn't matter" doesn't apply to all situations, and it's usually a good precursor to what will happen in the playoffs. The only time "the regular season doesn't matter" applies is when a team has been there done that, which the jazz certainly have not! As for the spurs losing last year in the first round, so what? Last time I checked it was 2012, not 2011! The mavs lost in the first round in 2010 and won the title the next year, so who cares? We are the one seed this year, and that's the only similarity between this year's team and last year, barring ginobili breaking his arm, Duncan spraining his ankle, trading Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson, kawhi Leonard for George hill, taking a year of experience away from Neal, green, splitter, etc you get my drift, it's not the same team, not at all! And you will see the difference in a few weeks

Ps saying the jazz have the third best front line is equivalent to Keith van horn being the second best player in the 97 draft, it's quite a drop off! And none of their players are better right now than Duncan

I disagree Al Jefferson is every bit as good as Duncan. Duncan has him on defense, but Al is a better scorer and rebounder. I also like how you make a bunch of excuses for the Spurs getting ousted in the 1st round last year. Ginobli and Duncan were a little dinged up who cares? So is everybody come playoff time. Kobe played with a sprained ankle and messed up fingers you see me using that as an excuse for us getting swept by Dallas? No of course not. The regular season is rarely ever good precursor or whatever to what happens in the playoffs. Examples recently. 2009 & 2010 Cavs, 2011 Bulls & Spurs all those teams had the #1 record in their respective conferences yet failed to even win the conference. I don't see how the Spurs are much better than last year. Duncan and Ginobli are both a year older. Parker is better. They lost Hill and got Leonard where's the upgrade there? I don't see one. Jackson isn't an upgrade over Jefferson. How are they better? They aren't.

juck

Reaction score
Spurs will sweep Jazz.Jazz wouldnt be in playoffs if it werent for a short lockout season.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4522682 said:
I disagree Al Jefferson is every bit as good as Duncan. Duncan has him on defense, but Al is a better scorer and rebounder. I also like how you make a bunch of excuses for the Spurs getting ousted in the 1st round last year. Ginobli and Duncan were a little dinged up who cares? So is everybody come playoff time. Kobe played with a sprained ankle and messed up fingers you see me using that as an excuse for us getting swept by Dallas? No of course not. The regular season is rarely ever good precursor or whatever to what happens in the playoffs. Examples recently. 2009 & 2010 Cavs, 2011 Bulls & Spurs all those teams had the #1 record in their respective conferences yet failed to even win the conference. I don't see how the Spurs are much better than last year. Duncan and Ginobli are both a year older. Parker is better. They lost Hill and got Leonard where's the upgrade there? I don't see one. Jackson isn't an upgrade over Jefferson. How are they better? They aren't.

sigh, i had typed a MASSIVE response but my computer froze...so ill summarize and...whatever...

duncan much better defensively, same offensively, better rebounder per 48 minutes, many 1 seeds have made the finals recently, includin 2 of spurs titles, the regular season series winner wins the playoff series over 65% of the time, duncan (grade 2 ankle sprain) and ginobili (broken arm/elbow socket) were more than "a little dinged up. you just made an excuse for lakers losing, spurs series with grizzle was close, lakers series with mavs was not even close. a year older but much healthier and in better shape ginobili/duncan>>>>>>last year's ginobili/duncan. Leonard fits the spurs needs more than hill did, hill was undersized 2, leonard a really good, long defender/rebounder which we needed vs grizzle. this isnt nba 2k12, jefferson/jackson might rate closely as ball players, but jackson much better in spurs locker room, chemistry and system. Spurs have a much higher winning margin than last year, a good precursor to playoff success, a better defense than last year, and score more points than last year, they are younger at every position, bigger, more athletic at every position but PG (because hill left) we are deeper, healthier, with more experience coming off the bench (gino/jackson/diaw all have had playoff success.)

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4522710 said:
Spurs will sweep Jazz.Jazz wouldnt be in playoffs if it werent for a short lockout season.

i forget who said it, but on a tv show i was watching (maybe the TNT show) they mentioned how they have a lot of good, young players, they really need a good PG to set them up! and brought up the possibility of Dwill going back to Utah! i thought that was interesting, though i still see him going to the mavs.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
The Mavs will lose in the first round because they were too stupid to keep these players after last season

J.J Barea
Tyson Chandler

MC KAos

Reaction score
maybe, if you guys sweep in the first round, it would mean 2 games without him vs the thunder, it might be a good idea to "popovich" game 3 or 4 if you guys have won the first few games

Reaction score
MC KAos;4522744 said:
maybe, if you guys sweep in the first round, it would mean 2 games without him vs the thunder, it might be a good idea to "popovich" game 3 or 4 if you guys have won the first few games

I know this sounds stupid, but we cannot finish our series in less than 6. I don't want to play any games against OKC without MWP. In that series he is very, very important.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4522750 said:
I know this sounds stupid, but we cannot finish our series in less than 6. I don't want to play any games against OKC without MWP. In that series he is very, very important.

i agree, it wouldnt be a bad idea to let them win a game 4 if its 3-0 and have him miss only 1 game.

MC KAos

Reaction score
so...tonight's highly anticipated heat vs celtics game? paul pierce VS the heat backups!!! AWESOME!!