General NBA Discussion

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4522744 said:
maybe, if you guys sweep in the first round, it would mean 2 games without him vs the thunder, it might be a good idea to "popovich" game 3 or 4 if you guys have won the first few games
Who says they even beat Denver? You never know.Anything can happen.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CowboysFanSince88;4522743 said:
The Mavs will lose in the first round because they were too stupid to keep these players after last season

J.J Barea
Tyson Chandler
I'm not going to go into it again, but it was not so straight forward as you say.

As for them being eliminated, that is not even a given though the odds are against them.

Reaction score
juck;4522767 said:
Who says they even beat Denver? You never know.Anything can happen.

C'mon now. The Lakers will easily beat the Nuggets. Hopefully we get Dallas because they'll probably push us to at least 6 games.

juck

Reaction score
If Spurs win they play winner of 4-5? Memphis again? :D

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4522778 said:
C'mon now. The Lakers will easily beat the Nuggets. Hopefully we get Dallas because they'll probably push us to at least 6 games.
Dont be so confident. Last year everyone wanted the Mavs and you saw them buzz through the WEST.

Reaction score
juck;4522785 said:
Dont be so confident. Last year everyone wanted the Mavs and you saw them buzz through the WEST.

This ain't last year. Without Chandler and Barea two guys who gave us fits I don't see them being able to beat us. Plus Dirk is nowhere near the player he was a season ago. They can make it interesting however which in this case is a good thing.

BTW anyone know what happened to the Lakers thread?

MC KAos

Reaction score
It probably got deleted, let's try to put the artest crap to bed so we can keep this thread alive!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4522791 said:
This ain't last year. Without Chandler and Barea two guys who gave us fits I don't see them being able to beat us. Plus Dirk is nowhere near the player he was a season ago. They can make it interesting however which in this case is a good thing.

BTW anyone know what happened to the Lakers thread?
This past month, Dirk has gotten back to form. He averaged above what he did last year and is just waiting for the playoffs. That's the case for the whole team really, regarding the playoffs.

They're going to play OKC anyway in Rd1...most likely but not for sure.
It'll be tough in any case. But the Mavs are much better built for a series than random games, as they adjust well and have an array of moving parts.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4522782 said:
If Spurs win they play winner of 4-5? Memphis again? :D

I'm kind of hoping for them! If we play them and the suns, it willBe our revenge tour of the last 2 teams to beat us in the playoffs! We already got revenge on the mavs for 09, so if we play the lakers in the conference finals and we can beat them it would make it the ultimate revenge tour!

Reaction score
DFWJC;4522826 said:
This past month, Dirk has gotten back to form. He averaged above what he did last year and is just waiting for the playoffs. That's the case for the whole team really, regarding the playoffs.

They're going to play OKC anyway in Rd1...most likely but not for sure. It'll be tough in any case.

Dirk has played well no doubt, but last year he was the best player in the league during the playoffs. Better than Kobe, better than LeBron and D-Wade, better than Durant. At his age I don't see him being able to duplicate that performance, but we'll see.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;4522826 said:

They're going to play OKC anyway in Rd1...most likely but not for sure.
It'll be tough in any case. But the Mavs are much better built for a series than random games, as they adjust well and have an array of moving parts.

Also, I maintain, Scottie brooks is a terrible coach! Carlisle is one of the best! So the mavs would have an advantage there with either the lakers or thunder! If dirk turns it on, he can be the best player on any of those 3 teams too! I don't think they will advance, but I wouldn't bet against them either

MC KAos

Reaction score
thunder/nuggets might score more points in the first half than the entire celtics/heat b team game!

MC KAos

Reaction score
CowboysFanSince88;4522743 said:
The Mavs will lose in the first round because they were too stupid to keep these players after last season

J.J Barea
Tyson Chandler

DFWJC;4522768 said:
I'm not going to go into it again, but it was not so straight forward as you say.

As for them being eliminated, that is not even a given though the odds are against them.

i know DFWJC was gone through this already, but ill start responding now to give you a break from it! lol, and im not even a mavs fan, but basically...

delonte west >>>>>>> jj barrea

chandler was a situation that, he was probably not going to resign with the mavs, he wanted to be in new york most of all, LA secondly, so the mavs would probably have to offer him a lot more than he got with the knicks, also word is that he just didnt like there or something. So its not as simple as the mavs letting him go, he just didnt want to stay

so basically, what they did was their best resort, there was no one out there worth signing long term, so they did the next best thing, get guys on 1 year contracts to have space this coming summer, where there were potentially 3 blue chip players available (cp3, dwill and howard)

MC KAos

Reaction score
if you are still of the belief that the spurs are boring, yet you like watching the heat or celtics play, you should go jump off the highest building of the nearest big city.

MC KAos

Reaction score
durant with 20 in the first half! i hope he goes for 40 tonight and like 60 tomorrow! just cuz id love to see kobe go for like 85 to win the scoring title!