3. Justin Herbert
    LAC, QB
    23.35%
  4. Lamar Jackson
    BAL, QB
    23.13%
  5. Patrick Mahomes
    KC, QB
If you read my posts over the last few months, you would see my 15% limit is for all players, not just Prescott.

I said the only one I would probably make an exception for is Mahomes because he has proven he can win Super Bowls.

Beyond that, I would rather throw numbers at the problem rather than bet-the-farm on one or two players who have yet to get near a Super Bowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
FA and the draft is just a few months away.

FA and the draft > $60M+
Provided Dak stays healthy we’ll win at least 8 or 9 games. That’s the worst case scenario if he plays all 17 games. Good luck finding your next franchise QB in free agency or outside the top 10. Even inside the top 10 is a crapshoot.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If you read my posts over the last few months, you would see my 15% limit is for all players, not just Prescott.

I said the only one I would probably make an exception for is Mahomes because he has proven he can win Super Bowls.

Beyond that, I would rather throw numbers at the problem rather than bet-the-farm on one or two players who have yet to get near a Super Bowl.
Sign me up for that plan. Even Mahomes took a team friendly deal and lost his top WR so that KC could fill out the rest of the roster. If Mahomes took a short deal and they resigned Hill I don't see any scenario where they win the super bowl.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
The interesting part is he thinks it's unlikely to get done this season and might even be with another team

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This board will probably crash when that happens. lol

I expect it. And then we're going to spend the next 4 or 5 years debating if he's worth it as the Cowboys deteriorate. Dak isn't going to get better. He is what he is at this point in his career. If the Cowboys were smart they'd let him get it with another team but they aren't that smart.

John813

Reaction score
If he gets 60mil AAV, I hope it's a longer term deal and the signing bonus isn't a big as the last one, ratio to total wise.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I understand but the 15% limit is now in the middle of the pact.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/ranking...ition/qb/sort/contract_average_league_cap_pct

Brax

Reaction score
You didn’t need Adam to tell you this.

You only needed MountaineerCowboy.
I can hear it now, Jerry saying Dak gave him a home team discount at only 62 million a year 250 million fully guaranteed and all the Dak apologists saying what a bargain Jerry got with the almost MVP, almost NFL record and will be blaming everyone else for Daks choking in big games. Just have to laugh, Dakchoka to the rescue.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think he's getting it from the Cowboys.......IF Jerry was inclined to pay Dak $60M+, we would not have this convo coz he would be extended already.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Provided Dak stays healthy we’ll win at least 8 or 9 games. That’s the worst case scenario if he plays all 17 games. Good luck finding your next franchise QB in free agency or outside the top 10. Even inside the top 10 is a crapshoot.
Trade up. Easy answer. It doesn't take the top pick either.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
you noticed lately. all these pundits who nobody knows or cares about and their opinions are irrelevant and they are not getting clicks or airtime come up with some ridiculous statements, use Dak's name (trigger word) and the Cowboys (trigger team) and viola, they get a whole bunch of coverage. this is the 3rd one this past couple of days, first it was anyone who is 31 and this and that, then clutch QBs in last 7 minutes (what a random pick of a time), then it was who scores more and then come back (or some stupid thing like that) and now Dak getting 65M...

amazing. just talk cowboys and Dak and you are relevant.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trade up. Easy answer. It doesn't take the top pick either.
Trading up for a QB could cost you a fortune in draft picks and lead to drafting a bust. You’re just one of those fans that wants to take your chances regardless the ramifications. In your mind, it can’t be any worse than what we’re going through now.