Goff traded for Stafford

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gallimore came on strong on the last half of the season. Its time we also see ANAE on the field. I suspect he will be a playmaker.

Anae would be great to watch. I suspect that he was one of the players that lost out because of a lack of preseason games.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not saying it was a good trade but this board has a real issue with actually knowing if someone is good or not. Barry Sanders never won a thing snd he’s an all time great. It’s the Lions. There are a massive amount of great players who are in crap organizations that don’t win. Stafford, from what all his teammates say is the toughest guy on the team and a stud that kept them respectable for a decade. The trade may or may not work out but people on here with the “what has he won” = sucks is unreal. Yet they then will say pay Dak 40 mil. It’s not like he’s a Dak or someone of the young guys who have done nothing to start. He’s put up numbers for years
running back is altogther a different beast. I agree with the sanders thing...but at QB..its just diff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BTW While you made mentioned Sammy Watkins to Rams ,... also keep in mind that we Cowboys also tried to pursue Watkins as a UFA, to be our new lead WR, ...after we cut Dez Bryant, but Watkins opt to sign with KC Chiefs instead.

Opinions may vary, but i look at Watkins even with a QB such as Mahomes at hand, Sammy doesn't appear to be a featured lead WR, imo.
That was a luckliy avoided duck by for us. o_O
OH I agree. I think Watkins is a good player but he's not a #1. That would've been dreadful.

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallimore came on strong on the last half of the season. Its time we also see ANAE on the field. I suspect he will be a playmaker.

we'll have to see what the new DL coach and Quinn are made of in that area ..

dckid

Reaction score
Well, I'm not so sure that Winston is exactly all that smart either. I figured that Payton might see Goff as someone who's skillset could work for him better than Winston. How much longer is left on Goff's contract?
Winston with the right coaching can thrive. He has the arm and skills to play in the league several years. The problem with his tenure with the Bucs was that his coach never believed in him. Arians was not a fan and its ok. I am not some closed Winston supporter. I am thinking a player like him or Jimmy G, or Darnold can be had at a discount and see if Big Mike can coach them up.
Don't overpay for Dak. The team/ fans will never like Dak as they think he is overpaid.
Look how Eagles fans, Rams, Vikings, 49er fans have turned on their high price QB's.

HotDog37

Reaction score
So Dak probably think he is worth 40 mil, and very likely that's what it would take to keep him here unless we non-exclusive tag. If I'm jerry I don't even wait to see if he can play at the same level as before end even risk re-injury I let Dak and another team think he's worth 40 mil and let him go for a 1st. a 2nd and a good player. Keep the value by letting him walk and frame it like you wanted to keep him but there were simply other needs to rebuild.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
i maybe one of those that thought Bradley Anae totally lost out his entire rookie year because the previous DL coach did a terrible job. ...:thumbdown:

That too, but I think if he had a preseason, he might've had a better chance to showcasehis skills.

Rayman70

Reaction score
i maybe one of those that thought Bradley Anae totally lost out his entire rookie year because the previous DL coach did a terrible job. ...:thumbdown:
I agree. The kid never had a shot. I think he gets his chance this year and he will shine big time. Its like we are getting another high level rookie in the fold in 2021. He can play some OLB too.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Winston with the right coaching can thrive. He has the arm and skills to play in the league several years. The problem with his tenure with the Bucs was that his coach never believed in him. Arians was not a fan and its ok. I am not some closed Winston supporter. I am thinking a player like him or Jimmy G, or Darnold can be had at a discount and see if Big Mike can coach them up.
Don't overpay for Dak. The team/ fans will never like Dak as they think he is overpaid.
Look how Eagles fans, Rams, Vikings, 49er fans have turned on their high price QB's.

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh, I don't know about letting go of Dak. I still very much like him, and I think he's a much better QB than Goff, Wentz, Cousins, and especially Garropolo. I think we have too many issues to try to get into the QB market. With that said, I think you're probably right about Winston. I think the right coach can help him. What sort of discount do you think we could get for a guy like Jimmy G or Darnold anyway? Cuz I don't like the idea of burning anything 2nd round or higher on a QB with how many issues we have on defence.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rams 2020 draft class, without a first round pick, ranked as the 11th most productive rookie classes by PFF. Ahead of 21 other teams.

They have been one of winningest teams in NFC since McVay came around. Their front office and coach study this stuff 10,000 times more than fans do. They aren't dummies I can assure you.

Well, we will see because we are going to have a lot of years to watch them do it with smoke and mirrors. I'm on record, I don't think they can.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
running back is altogther a different beast. I agree with the sanders thing...but at QB..its just diff.

Could be but I still think he’s a stud for what he had to do in a crap organization under a myriad of coaches. I think he’s an upgrade for the Rams but as you said, will he be healthy.,,,though he seems to play through it

T-RO

Reaction score
This trade is inexplicable.

For most fans and media members, absolutely.

Here's the basic math, as I posted early in this thread:
-Rams gave up 1st and 3rd to get Stafford
-Rams gave up 1st round pick to unload Goff and and that mega-bad contract

Stafford is a top 10-15 QB, but in McVay's scheme he can be much more productive.

T-RO

Reaction score
Well, we will see because we are going to have a lot of years to watch them do it with smoke and mirrors. I'm on record, I don't think they can.

It will be fun to watch what happens. They certainly are paving a new path, borrowing from how the NBA does things.

If the succeed, some other teams will follow along and we'll be seeing a lot more big trades in the NFL, which I think most fans enjoy.

The Rams had a hard ceiling with Goff, and his contract was an albatross. They saw themselves as stalled and took action. I'm not sure it will work, but applaud their aggression.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

As hard as it is to believe it must be true. Those are the actual details. What. The. Bleep.

All these for a QB who hasnt shown he can win in the Playoffs , Go figure. Tampa looks like a genius

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It will be fun to watch what happens. They certainly are paving a new path, borrowing from how the NBA does things.

If the succeed, some other teams will follow along and we'll be seeing a lot more big trades in the NFL, which I think most fans enjoy.

The Rams had a hard ceiling with Goff, and his contract was an albatross. They saw themselves as stalled and took action. I'm not sure it will work, but applaud their aggression.

Not I. I am perfectly content to condemn them for signing that idiotic contract with Goff, that basically screwed every other NFL team. But hey, I do agree, it should be fun to watch.

T-RO

Reaction score
Winston with the right coaching can thrive.

He might get another chance to start. Bears maybe, if I was guessing.

But wow, was just looking at his Bucs stats. In 2019: 30 interceptions and 11 lost fumbles. Holy Crap. 3 turnovers per game from QB...can't win w/that. Maybe just not a good match w/that system.

dckid

Reaction score
He might get another chance to start. Bears maybe, if I was guessing.

But wow, was just looking at his Bucs stats. In 2019: 30 interceptions and 11 lost fumbles. Holy Crap. 3 turnovers per game from QB...can't win w/that. Maybe just not a good match w/that system.
Yeah remember how bad Testaverde was early in his career?