Video: Great take by Colin Cowherd

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
What confuses me is why the coaches and Dak can't fix the same reoccurring issues we see weekly. Can they not address and improve pocket awareness and ball security with Dak? How about downfield accuracy by putting a little more air under the ball when your receiver has 10 yds. on his man? Pre-snap recognition/audibles and read thru progressions quicker, either making a throw, throwing it away or running sooner?
How many times do we see multiple receivers wide open for 15 yds. or a potential td if only Dak looks?
If he will improve in these areas just 50% this team can win it all.
If it's mostly coaching, then get better coaches like they did with the secondary, duh.
Pocket awareness is more of a sixth sense. Some QB never get it. It’s not something you can really coach. It just improves with experience. The fumbles I don’t know how you fix that. I don’t know if he has smallish hand or a weak grip. It’s not normal to fumble as much as he does though. Holding the ball to long and taking stupid sacks can be coached up for sure. I will say this though, Kellen Moore isn’t the guy to help Dak improve. You don’t put a guy with no real NFL experience and even less coaching experience and put him in charge of developing your very young QB

Philmonroe

Reaction score
100% agreement with Cowherd here and everything said about why Jerry loves Dak is so understandable. Dak is the kid you want to bring to your home and he would make you proud. Try hard with this kid is through the roof and he is a leader of men. Love love loved his stance on all of the political BS and he stood up to all the Jack *@ses as well. He has made himself a very nice future in Big D and all that coming from a trailer home, his mom deserves some major props...God Bless the kid.
I bet you did love his stance. A lot of people of certain pov loved it too. I don't care about non of that stuff if you're just an avg player and that's at any position.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Top 3 RB
Top 5 WR
Top 10 OL
Top 3 Defense

QB?

That’s what he is saying. With all that, we (the QB) almost found a way to lose. We have no excuses and the QB shouldn’t have any either.

We love clutch throws but the difference is we shouldn’t have needed Dak to be clutch with everything that has been stated. We can win with Dak but Dak needs the team more than they need him at this point.

Winning is winning. We won. If we only one by 1 score vs. blowing out a team than its still considered a win.

Blaming the QB for not blowing out a team is just a bit silly. Winning is still winning. So enjoy it while you can.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Top 3 RB
Top 5 WR
Top 10 OL
Top 3 Defense

QB?

That’s what he is saying. With all that, we (the QB) almost found a way to lose. We have no excuses and the QB shouldn’t have any either.

We love clutch throws but the difference is we shouldn’t have needed Dak to be clutch with everything that has been stated. We can win with Dak but Dak needs the team more than they need him at this point.

He’s had top 5-10 WR for 6 weeks and a top D for one season. He’s not Brady but he’s capable. I’m seeing other “great” QBs (who should be able to win with less according to you all and Colin since they elevate teams) with equal or worst stats and losing records.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Winning is winning. We won. If we only one by 1 score vs. blowing out a team than its still considered a win.

Blaming the QB for not blowing out a team is just a bit silly. Winning is still winning. So enjoy it while you can.

That’s fine. I’ll take the W anyday. However, one mistake can cost us the next game. Dak needs to clean it up and that’s a fact.

ESisback

Reaction score
So you're asking him to take $100 million less over time so he can win football games?

Most wouldn't do that. We'll see.

I’m about as far away from a dedicated researcher or stat guru or salary cap whiz bang that you can get. I just know that personally, I’d rather be a millionaire on an annual contender than a richer guy on a crap team. 15-20 million per year would give you a pretty good lifestyle.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
1)28 mill, average support = below average team
2)21-25 mill, good support = average and occasionally making playoffs.
3)15-20 mill, great support = SB contender for the next 7-10 years.

15 million, 28 million, either one is a CRAPLOAD of money. It all comes down to ego and common sense. Personally, I’d settle for 15 if it ensured a winning team.[/QUOTE]

You already got your discount. Dak stepped up to the plate TWICE and saved this team's season for about $4.33 a game.

Give that man his money. Note, I did not say overpay him...but Dak (like Russell Wilson and Cam Newton) deserve his money for completely outplaying his contract and for what he has proven he can do in this league given minimum NFL level talent.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Even with Cooper I think Dak misses Witten. One thing I noticed last night was that Schultz and Jarwin both had some nice plays. Hopefully they can keep improving each game.

Dak misses Witten, that is the explanation for Zekes increased receptions

rags747

Reaction score
What confuses me is why the coaches and Dak can't fix the same reoccurring issues we see weekly. Can they not address and improve pocket awareness and ball security with Dak? How about downfield accuracy by putting a little more air under the ball when your receiver has 10 yds. on his man? Pre-snap recognition/audibles and read thru progressions quicker, either making a throw, throwing it away or running sooner?
How many times do we see multiple receivers wide open for 15 yds. or a potential td if only Dak looks?
If it's mostly coaching, then get better coaches like they did with the secondary, duh.
I bet you did love his stance. A lot of people of certain pov loved it too. I don't care about non of that stuff if you're just an avg player and that's at any position.
How about if you are a superior player?

rags747

Reaction score
Dak misses Witten, that is the explanation for Zekes increased receptions
Not for anything but at this point I think Jarwin has more to offer, certainly can move better and has excellant hands.

GMO415

Reaction score
Top 3 RB
Top 5 WR
Top 10 OL
Top 3 Defense

QB?

We are one of the fewest teams that doesn't have a Round One QB.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m about as far away from a dedicated researcher or stat guru or salary cap whiz bang that you can get. I just know that personally, I’d rather be a millionaire on an annual contender than a richer guy on a crap team. 15-20 million per year would give you a pretty good lifestyle.
Your thought process is admirable but unfortunately the players don’t have control over how the team is managed . Now if a Championship was guaranteed if you took less this might be a more reasonable argument or if you’d already achieved or earned hundreds of millions and won several rings.

Brady is only QB I’m aware of who actually took less as your describing because he could have certainly demanded top salary. It’s not like he settled for chump change.

It’s only natural to seek what the market will bear and make it as long as you can. Daks career could end at any point with an injury. That is the business of the NFL and professional sports. It’s up to each teams ownership to manage it properly.

The QB position is the highest paid and why it’s so critical to have one of your best talents at this position if you’re going to open up the checkbook.

The teams that have the greater QB’s in Cap era are more consistent contenders. If you don’t have one of the top QB’s you might as well churn it over like you do the rest of the roster that isn’t elite talent IMO.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

15 million, 28 million, either one is a CRAPLOAD of money. It all comes down to ego and common sense. Personally, I’d settle for 15 if it ensured a winning team.

You already got your discount. Dak stepped up to the plate TWICE and saved this team's season for about $4.33 a game.

Give that man his money. Note, I did not say overpay him...but Dak (like Russell Wilson and Cam Newton) deserve his money for completely outplaying his contract and for what he has proven he can do in this league given minimum NFL level talent.
I agree that he deserves more money. The problem is that you can’t throw your franchise down the can just because it’s morally right. Giving Dak a contract is the same as giving one to Flacco years back. You could see the disaster coming from miles away... well everyone but the people who actually needed to see it.
There should be mechanisms in place that allow teams with cap space to pay players outperforming their contracts. That way we could still take a longer look at Dak without Jerry feeling guilty that Dak is eating ramen noodles...

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Most of these things have to be dealt with in the offseason. During game weeks foxus is almost entirely preparing the gameplan for that weeks game.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
That's why the whole "Dak's not accurate" drives me nuts... Over the last 5 games he's completing about 7 out 10 passes.

That's a hellofa number.

Michael here's a counter point to that--

When I got to a hotel now and they say "free wifi" that's not really a selling point because everybody gets free wifi.
When I get a phone plan and they say unlimited text and calling - well, okay I expect that.

Same with NFL quarterbacks now. When 7 out of 10 is becoming the norm, there has to be other metrics that separates their talents. You simply have to admit he is not an elite accurate quarterback and has missed receivers downfield for touchdowns who clearly had their man beat. He also misses players in stride that costs YAC. Your eyes tell you this. I don't know why you would push back on this criticism.

There is also a lot to love about Dak. I love Dak as a person and I agree he deserves an extension but I am scared to death we will get hamstrung with a misplaced contract to a QB who does enough to win with a really good team. It will undermine every good draft and personnel move the team has made and will force us to make difficult choices on players that we need to sign.

I love Dak at 18 million per.
He kills us at 28-30 per.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

15 million, 28 million, either one is a CRAPLOAD of money. It all comes down to ego and common sense. Personally, I’d settle for 15 if it ensured a winning team.

Is Jerry going to pay everyone ?
Cooper, Elliott and Dak?

That’s just on offense. Who’s the elite talent ? That’s who you pay and go back to the draft to replace the other or others.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Even with Cooper I think Dak misses Witten. One thing I noticed last night was that Schultz and Jarwin both had some nice plays. Hopefully they can keep improving each game.

I agree....you give Dak a witten/ertz type of TE as a safety valve, a healthy OL and i believe he plays like he did in 2016 and nobody's talking about his warts.