Has Dak been hiding how bad our offensive is?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BobbyFlame469, Jan 27, 2021.

1. BobbyFlame469

BobbyFlame469 Well-Known Member

910 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    You would but no nfl player on the cowboys team would or did. Also, the coach and the owner.

And they know much more about football than you.

Dak is already quite a bit better than romo but that isn’t saying much nor is the discussion about that

2. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

8,466 Messages
    9,870 Likes Received
    Missed the point.

Its not a Romo is better than Dak thing....I would rate them as extremely similar.

I think Romo covered Garrett early on. That staff wasn't even as good as it looked.

3. BobbyFlame469

910 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Tony Romo had more interceptions than touchdowns in 2015.

he was on pace for 20 touchdowns and 28 interceptions after 4 HORRIBLE games.

That 2014 season he was carried heavily by our amazing team. There is a reason he threw the least amount of passes of his career and we had the MOST amount of success. Our running game carried us like the Titans.

Tony was never able to have us compete in games like Dak with his arm. He has less 400 yard games and 3 touchdown games in his entire career than Dak does in his last 16 starts.

4. BobbyFlame469

910 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter made the playoffs and achieved as much as Tony did. I don’t know...

5. Vandyr

Vandyr Well-Known Member

500 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    And the argument could be made that sitting Romo in favor of Dak cost us the Superbowl that year. Dak is not better than Romo, no honest person that's seen them both play would come to that conclusion. Dak is a bus driver dude, plain and simple. Romo was a gunslinger. They had completely different playstyles that aren't really comparable. In some some situations and team builds, one will be a better fit than the other.

6. BobbyFlame469

910 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Romo would not have even made the NFC championship game.

And if you think he could’ve won a shoot out with the Falcons in the playoffs with Tony who historically is a turnover machine compared to the median quarterback you’re kidding.

Dak gave us the best chance against winning. Tony couldn’t get past Aaron Rodgers in 2014 that only had 1 leg.

7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

57,622 Messages
    25,990 Likes Received
    Who cares? This thread, it's not about Romo. I mean, if you want to talk about Tony Romo, go start a new thread.

You tell yourself whatever you want but don't try to tell me about it because I already know you are wrong. I know you are a Dak fanboy. See, I was never a fan who thought Tony was the be all, end all. I never wanted to pay Tony and I thought it was a mistake to ever do it. Guess what, I was right. I don't think Dak is the end all, be all and it would be a mistake for us to Pay him. So all of this BS is of no consequence to me. The 2014 OL is not the best one we've ever had, period, end of subject. If you want to believe that, no skin of my backside but it's not true IMO.

Lastly, Dak hasn't yet shown that we "compete" in games. We get down early, we stay down and we don't win against tough teams. That's it, that's what he's shown thus far. You can like or don't, I don't care but that's what the record shows.

Sorry for your luck.

Vandyr and Robbieac like this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

57,622 Messages
    25,990 Likes Received
    Apparently, neither could you favorite RB, Murray. He fumbled in that game in an open field if I'm not mistaken.

Robbieac and bigE79 like this.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

57,622 Messages
    25,990 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter made the playoffs and acheived as much as Dak did as well.

Robbieac and bigE79 like this.
  10. BobbyFlame469

910 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    We shall see...

the only quarterbacks that could do better than Dak in Dallas are Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and Deshaun.

11. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

4,175 Messages
    9,751 Likes Received
    Nah.

Dak is the only player in NFL history to throw for at least 450 yards in 3 consecutive games, and to pass for at least 400 yards while rushing for 3 TDs in a game.

Dak shattered the all-time passing record through the first 5 games of a season last year, despite not finishing the fifth game.

Dak led the offense to #1 ranking in 2019.

Not saying he’s Tom Brady, but he’s definitely no bus driver.

School likes this.
  12. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

2,134 Messages
    2,251 Likes Received
    I've seen Dak make some ridiculously good throws running for his life...

The oline can only have so much of an impact which is why teams like the Chiefs don't have nearly as much draft resources tied up in that one position group like we do.

13. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

3,465 Messages
    3,332 Likes Received
    :hammer:

14. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,864 Messages
    21,954 Likes Received
    Yes you crapped on Romo, you’re crapping on Dak and if you’re old enough you crapped on Troy. Because that’s who you are.

15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,297 Messages
    5,252 Likes Received
    lmao! What? You are funny...when the last time you went to the potty?

16. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

10,438 Messages
    8,799 Likes Received
    He's been making it worse.

17. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,864 Messages
    21,954 Likes Received
    The last time I visited you.

18. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

16,594 Messages
    11,717 Likes Received
    really that al you saw how about third string OL and zeke coming of covid then had two leg injuries' and playing from 3 scored down a lot so being forced into obvious passing situations..no way it was oh we missed dak..dak would not have faired much better this season as you think because while we scored a lot the first 4 games we lost about 14 more starters once he went down..seriously,

exaggerate much?

maybe we get 2-3 more wins with him MAYBE , BIG IF..

16th ranking with our 3rd string team is pretty darn good if you ask me..

bigE79 likes this.
  19. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,900 Messages
    21,050 Likes Received
    Bucs ran 369 times, passed 410 times. That's fairly balanced. Chiefs and bills were both heavily in favor of pass. 2/3 pass to 1/3 run. But bills were bounced.

blueblood70 likes this.
  20. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,900 Messages
    21,050 Likes Received
    blueblood70 likes this.