Hate of Dak on this board is very ESPN like!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol. Dak sucks at winning. It’s so obvious at this point that his defenders are making fools of themselves. Dak defenders and Jerry defenders are almost always the same people. Pathetic follow and cheer people…no matter what. If all of you disappeared then change would have to happen….but no, you will all mindlessly follow along for another 5 years or more. You are all jokes at this point.
who in their right mind would defend Jerry? if they do, that post needs to be moved to Stupid Zone.

triplets_93

Reaction score
of course. you are stating the obvious. why are you comparing Dak to Mahomes who is a generational talent and Burrows who was the consensus #1 pick by everyone.

you want an Elite QB. tell me how to get them. don't compare Dak to these Elite QBs, because its an insult to those QBs.
Gee, that wasn't my point at all, to compare Dak with Mahomes or Burrow!!!!
My point, was to compare what Dak would have done with those offenses...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak didn't need to tear it up and play great.. He only needed to be a bus driver and make a few plays and Dallas could of won that game. Derek Carr put up 34 points and took the 49ers to overtime. If Dallas had Teddy Bridgewater the Cowboys might of won. He put up 23 points in the Seattle playoff loss. Dak put up 12. I know you can't really compare it like that but for all the hype that Dak gets for having a #1 offense he stinks when he plays a good defense. Just go back and look at Dak vs Denver.
wll, teddy bridge water. if we had him, we might not have come out of Tampa...so then there is that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Gee, that wasn't my point at all, to compare Dak with Mahomes or Burrow!!!!
My point, was to compare what Dak would have done with those offenses...
those offenses wouldn't be as good with Dak. again, its stating the obvious...

and those offenses would have been much worse with me as the QB. that's stating the obvious too.

I don't get the point of stating the obvious. hey look sky is blue. did you realize sky is blue. hey everyone sky is blue!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is NOT an elite QB. He is average at best. Can anyone say he elevates the play of any players on the team? Please don’t point to his stats either. The postseason is the only thing that matters.
he is average. he is not elite....but if you have the right team, you can win....ala Philly, Hurts passed for 120 yards and they are playing in the superbowl. SF was able to go on a run with Purdy, their 3rd string QB.

both surronded by good talent, the right talent and good coaching in the right scheme......

with Jerry, we have none of that, so it highlights deficiencies of an average QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yet Jerry chose this guy to be QB. We get to hindsight that awful decision until the cows come home.
Jerry got lucky choosing Dak. 4th round pick becoming a top 10 QB. Just he got lucky with Romo. He's just not good enough to put a legitimate contender around them.

Dumb decisions like resigning Zeke and forcing him in the coaching staff. Or letting the horrid Garrett run the franchise for 10 years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. I don't post a lot here, but if you read what I posted, I certainly do not "hate" Dak. I gave him more than the benefit of the doubt. But when I constantly watch film analysis of experts who do NOT hate the Cowboys and see them routinely saying, "he went to the wrong guy here," "he threw into double coverage when x was open" and so on you have to reevaluate.

2. Then, when the whole team turned into a run-oriented team and still won under Cooper Rush, that said a lot. A team where Dak throws 35 times a game is a team that will lose every major game to good teams.

3. It's more than just Dak: it's that relying on him moves the Cowboys away from what should be their strength, esp. when Steele comes back, namely running the ball. This line is NOT as good at pass blocking.

4. So I think it's time to move on, which will be very hard to do after committing about 20% of the salary to Dak.
people need to stop with this rush crush. what is offenses job? to produce points. and with Rush, we were bottom 5 in offensive points. we lost to philly who really exposed him after 5 games they had films on him. against the rams he had 100 yards passing and 13 points. if not for defense playing at a high level and scoring in that game, that would have been another loss. so lets not say, the run oriented offense helped...because the run oriented offenses produced a lot less under rush.

and Dak is average to above average. what ever you want to call it. he will never be elite, so what's the point of beating a dead horse. he needs to have the right team/coaching around him to succeed. we don't have that. not sure Jerry is capable.

our only hope as many are wishing is to have an Elite QB. so where do you find one? I am all for finding an Elite QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They are a bunch of fools. Their way of fixing this team starts with the QB position, willing to tank a season just to be able to draft in the Top 5 (which any QB taken that high is never a guaranteed will live up to expectations) all while avoiding the bigger glaring holes elsewhere like the lack of talent at WR, Oline, Dline, CB, LB and now arguably at RB. These clowns truly believe drafting a QB in the Top 5 overall picks of the draft will solve all of our problems. Unbelievable. They think with their emotions instead of that piece of matter that lies in between their ears. This place has become so dumbed down, it's frustratingly hard to have an intelligent conversation here anymore.
I agree. all they are looking for is someone to blame. lets get an Elite QB here and then they point fingers at everyone for not making it. its the dang organization. Hurts is average, but surronded by the right team, right coaches, running the right scheme. Hurts in Dallas, would end up exactly where we are.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You don’t win a championship with a loser like Dak Prescott under center, pretty simple to understand no need to over analyze and attack people because they see something you’re still too delusional to accept.
great observation. so who is winner QB you want to replace the loser Dak?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
people need to stop with this rush crush. what is offenses job? to produce points. and with Rush, we were bottom 5 in offensive points. we lost to philly who really exposed him after 5 games they had films on him. against the rams he had 100 yards passing and 13 points. if not for defense playing at a high level and scoring in that game, that would have been another loss. so lets not say, the run oriented offense helped...because the run oriented offenses produced a lot less under rush.

and Dak is average to above average. what ever you want to call it. he will never be elite, so what's the point of beating a dead horse. he needs to have the right team/coaching around him to succeed. we don't have that. not sure Jerry is capable.

our only hope as many are wishing is to have an Elite QB. so where do you find one? I am all for finding an Elite QB.
Yep Im all for getting an elite QB, an elite RG, and an elite oline. Lets get started!!!

An elite QB just lost last night by the way. And he only scored 20 points. Threw a pick too. Should the Bengals think about cutting him?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yep Im all for getting an elite QB, an elite RG, and an elite oline. Lets get started!!!

An elite QB just lost last night by the way. And he only scored 20 points. Threw a pick too. Should the Bengals think about cutting him?
well according to the pundits on this board, Burrow shouldn't get a second contract, because 3 of 4 players in the CCG were on rookie contract except Mahomes and he is generational talent.

we should move on from Dak like KC did with Alex smith and get ourselves a Mahomes. so lets go. lets get one

Dre11

Reaction score
it was a big game and a good win, i'll give you that., The overall point of my post was that when competition is stiff and stakes are high, Dak has not delivered. We certainly can continue going 12-5, win a playoff game but i'm afraid that's Dak's ceiling and will cave to the pressure.
Philly Christmas eve?

stiletto

Reaction score
Until we have a better qb Dak is the qb. Simple as that
That's kind of my point. I think they are trying to do everything to make sure the problem isn't coaching. Guess we'll find out next year. Dak isn't going anywhere for now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's kind of my point. I think they are trying to do everything to make sure the problem isn't coaching. Guess we'll find out next year. Dak isn't going anywhere for now.
If you want to win a championship than the problem are obvious. Since Mahomes or Burrows arent walking through that door then its really simple.

D needs to be a little better and we need a great run game. Which means improving the Oline, getting new backs in here and another talented weapon or two in the passing game.

NO reason that Hurts should have all of that and we cant. No one can tell me that Hurts is better than Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow. But right now he has the better team surrounding him. The guy has everything he could ever dream of. And coaching.

Niners have a great team as well, but in their case the QB's arent good enough.