Have Jerry Jones And His Pride Cursed The Cowboys?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Make believe picture that leaves out preparation of a well informed man. To say a Coach can run all organizations is a lie to the failure of that same Jimmy Johnson losing out in Miami with another coach's players he had to alone, improve upon.

No ego, as responsibility starts at the top and CAN NOT be delegated!
Yes preparation on how to run an organization, thats not the same as the skill of player acquisition/building a team.

Do you think Jerry knew as much as Jimmy on how to break down film and what to look for in a player, how to game plan ect?

Jerry should have "stayed in his lane", be a great business man and make money - and like all good businessmen hire the right people for the job - namely a GM and coach...he did a good job with the latter.

Big_D

Reaction score
The current roster is excellent.
He’s 80 and somewhat passed the baton. What he was doing way back during the Campo years and after the Parcells era is very different from what’s happening with today’s team. The current roster is very good no doubt but that doesn’t absolve a long history of very poor decisions. It’s not the drought or the fact that they didn’t win! But it sure would’ve been nice to see competence from the front office!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes preparation on how to run an organization, thats not the same as the skill of player acquisition/building a team.

Do you think Jerry knew as much as Jimmy on how to break down film and what to look for in a player, how to game plan ect?

Jerry should have "stayed in his lane", be a great business man and make money - and like all good businessmen hire the right people for the job - namely a GM and coach...he did a good job with the latter.
You simply are making unsubstantiated claims now. Jerry has seem many times more film as well as observed all after-action-reports which included tons of film on final analysis, than anyone on site.

You judging that?

Also, who are you to claim that he in fact did NOT have a full knowledge of player functions and actual values? The two aspects don't rule out, by negatives, as inclusive of full potential.

Next, Jerry at no point attempted game planning as he already allowed Jimmy that running of the team. No beef at all, there.

Don't kid ones self, Jerry was fully involved with player acquisitions...he really wasn't a lame duck as presented here.

A GM complaint is merely a stereotyped excuse. How did Switzer and following coaches succeed? I suppose you are further suggesting he conducted the team's film study and planning then? C'mon.

rambo2

Reaction score
He’s 80 and somewhat passed the baton. What he was doing way back during the Campo years and after the Parcells era is very different from what’s happening with today’s team. The current roster is very good no doubt but that doesn’t absolve a long history of very poor decisions. It’s not the drought or the fact that they didn’t win! But it sure would’ve been nice to see competence from the front office!
It's nice seeing it now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Pride, arrogance and stir in a bowl of ignorance. Bingo--the biggest goober in the NFL, Jerruh.
Straight up, did he win a Lombardi after the departure of Jimmy Johnson? That isn't because of Jimmy did the selections of players...no, the success was because of the team itself. Last time I checked, football is still played on the carpet by the players.

I wouldn't have taken the disrespect without repurcussions...of course that is condoned in Russia.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
You simply are making unsubstantiated claims now. Jerry has seem many times more film as well as observed all after-action-reports which included tons of film on final analysis, than anyone on site.

You judging that?

Also, who are you to claim that he in fact did NOT have a full knowledge of player functions and actual values? The two aspects don't rule out, by negatives, as inclusive of full potential.

Next, Jerry at no point attempted game planning as he already allowed Jimmy that running of the team. No beef at all, there.

Don't kid ones self, Jerry was fully involved with player acquisitions...he really wasn't a lame duck as presented here.

A GM complaint is merely a stereotyped excuse. How did Switzer and following coaches succeed? I suppose you are further suggesting he conducted the team's film study and planning then? C'mon.
Not comparing Jerry and anyone on this site - the comparison was Jerry vs Jimmy and why Jimmy should get the lions share of the credit.

Do you agree with that, cause I dont think you answered that question.

As for Barry - he won cause the team was built already - he won with Jimmy's guys.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McClay loves being a part of the Cowboys.
That's my point. He's obviously happy with his role. I'm sure he has a lot more input than some give him credit for. I bet he makes the call and let's Jerry take the credit for it.

MS17

Reaction score
Straight up, did he win a Lombardi after the departure of Jimmy Johnson? That isn't because of Jimmy did the selections of players...no, the success was because of the team itself. Last time I checked, football is still played on the carpet by the players.

I wouldn't have taken the disrespect without repurcussions...of course that is condoned in Russia.

CC, you rightly pointed out that Jerry delivered a Lombardi for a great win with SB XXX against the hated Steelers. And it's a specious argument for anyone, fan, writer etc. who says the team accomplished that "with Jimmy's players". Not true.
Jerry hired Switzer who has historically one of the winningest records in college football. Yet he was criticized for it. ("We did it our way, baby!!!" ---remember that?)
That's all I got.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not comparing Jerry and anyone on this site - the comparison was Jerry vs Jimmy and why Jimmy should get the lions share of the credit.

As for Barry - he won cause the team was built already - he won with Jimmy's guys.
Jimmy couldn't win in Miami and headed for the beach.

CCBoy

Reaction score

You ignored the actual reasons presented with your own version of management and leadership. If worship of glory is your presented cause...that's on you. I'll answer as I choose, thank you!

CCBoy

Reaction score
CC, you rightly pointed out that Jerry delivered a Lombardi for a great win with SB XXX against the hated Steelers. And it's a specious argument for anyone, fan, writer etc. who says the team accomplished that "with Jimmy's players". Not true.
Jerry hired Switzer who has historically one of the winningest records in college football. Yet he was criticized for it. ("We did it our way, baby!!!" ---remember that?)
That's all I got.
yes...well, holding the trophy

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jimmy didn't know his place as an employee. Jerry took care of him financially and gave him everything that he needed to win. Jimmy got a big head and quit on the team. Fact

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jimmy didn't know his place as an employee. Jerry took care of him financially and gave him everything that he needed to win. Jimmy got a big head and quit on the team. Fact
Not a word stuttered there and the rest of you, who you kidding? Your ears don't overlap.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For an OP that placed blame on Jerry and saying to bury the hatchet...there was a continuous off topic and insulting display. Get on topic in discussion, or just quit making a crap load on a subject that is considered target material instead. Get your own lives or just shut up!

Discussion is not purely insult accumulations. No one slapped you in the face.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
And sometimes you have to appease an employee - especially one that got you back to back SBs and was going for 3 in a row - something historic.

Coaches do it with superstar players at times, like Jimmy letting Emmitt or Irvin leave practice early to shoot a commercial.

No but Jerry and his ego got in the way, and that not to say Jimmy didn't have a big ego also but for the better of the franchise, sometimes you have to be the bigger man.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And sometimes you have to appease an employee - especially one that got you back to back SBs and was going for 3 in a row - something historic.

Coaches do it with superstar players at times, like Jimmy letting Emmitt or Irvin leave practice early to shoot a commercial.

No but Jerry and his ego got in the way, and that not to say Jimmy didn't have a big ego also but for the better of the franchise, sometimes you have to be the bigger man.
That's a rewrite of team history. Credit for winning goes to the team. Any excuses from there is your own making. That's on you and own up to your own opinions and don't take an assumption to insulting for pointing out accepted standards of team sports and success.

On thread was explained most of the teal reasons why.

The correct term in the 60's was right on, not straight ahead.

For your education...today is really up there - mass murders where in the 60's there were protests and the dogs. What progressions as well.

C'mon don't hide behind a concept of a right to be obnoxious instead. You understand the projection and why. Uh, get real here...