Have Jerry Jones And His Pride Cursed The Cowboys?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Let it go and enjoy.
Well I wouldn't say "enjoy" as far as I'm concerned, but I will agree that anybody who wallows in misery because of no SBs for over two decades needs to either find a new team to root for or get some help.

I mean the Lions have never been to a SB, Jets have 1 SB win and that well over 50 years ago, Dolphins haven't been to the SB for 49 years. Bears have 1 SB win and that was nearly 40 years ago, Saints have 1 and it took them 42 years to get that one, and so on and so on.

NO team is guaranteed SB wins every few years. Vikings were regular participants in SBS for a decade, haven't been back since. Even the Bills, who went to 4 straight, a very impressive accomplishment, but didn't win any of them. How many Bills fans wouldn't trade all of those for one SB win?

There is a lot of luck in winning championships, what if Stauback didn't have to retire early? Danny White was another very good Cowboys qb, but he couldn't scramble like Roger, that might have led to at least one more SB win.

I like seeing my Cowboys win games and division championships. I love my Cowboys winning SBs and conference championships. That's the difference for me. I can't be satisfied with division titles, etc., but I certainly get a good feeling every time they win.

It's all a matter of how you wish to feel.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think thatc
Well I wouldn't say "enjoy" as far as I'm concerned, but I will agree that anybody who wallows in misery because of no SBs for over two decades needs to either find a new team to root for or get some help.

I mean the Lions have never been to a SB, Jets have 1 SB win and that well over 50 years ago, Dolphins haven't been to the SB for 49 years. Bears have 1 SB win and that was nearly 40 years ago, Saints have 1 and it took them 42 years to get that one, and so on and so on.

NO team is guaranteed SB wins every few years. Vikings were regular participants in SBS for a decade, haven't been back since. Even the Bills, who went to 4 straight, a very impressive accomplishment, but didn't win any of them. How many Bills fans wouldn't trade all of those for one SB win?

There is a lot of luck in winning championships, what if Stauback didn't have to retire early? Danny White was another very good Cowboys qb, but he couldn't scramble like Roger, that might have led to at least one more SB win.

I like seeing my Cowboys win games and division championships. I love my Cowboys winning SBs and conference championships. That's the difference for me. I can't be satisfied with division titles, etc., but I certainly get a good feeling every time they win.

It's all a matter of how you wish to feel.
Danny White was very close when he lost to Montana and Clark. Also, 49ers haven't won in 28 years.

MS17

Reaction score
I think thatc

Danny White was very close when he lost to Montana and Clark. Also, 49ers haven't won in 28 years.

I think thatc

Hoo boy, older dudes like me recall that game (date, time, what we were drinking) vividly. Not many know that Montana turned to Too Tall after the play ended in a TD, and said "Respect that, ** !" I've despised the 49ers ever since.

cej757

Reaction score
Always said Jerry's biggest mistake was hiring Garrett and then Hiring Wade when he could've hired Norv Turner instead.
Norv would've had that offense humming with a young in shape and prime Romo before the injuries started slowing him down.
I think the Cowboys would've got to at least one Superbowl from 07 to at least 2014.
The Garrett years were just career killers for too many players to name.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think thatc

They haven’t won a Super Bowl but they’ve been I believe without looking it up to 4 NFC championship games and 2 Super Bowls in 21st Century.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Always said Jerry's biggest mistake was hiring Garrett and then Hiring Wade when he could've hired Norv Turner instead.
Norv would've had that offense humming with a young in shape and prime Romo before the injuries started slowing him down.
I think the Cowboys would've got to at least one Superbowl from 07 to at least 2014.
The Garrett years were just career killers for too many players to name.
He should have hired Norv as HC and Wade as DC. He also had an opportunity to hire Dan Reeves as a consultant but they couldn't agree on terms.

But the real shame was running Parcells off before the job was done. We all know Bill wasn’t going to stay indefinitely but Jethro begin meddling and Bill wasn’t going to stand for it.

We have never really recovered from that. This is first time since with McCarthy we’ve even come close to resembling that but we are on the verge of this dead ending as well. Just a matter of time for Jethro to screw this up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry’s ego has been the biggest problem and not being able to come up with a good enough team around the QBs he’s had. He won his championships with a Hall of Fame QB. He had five players playing together during the 90s that ended up in the Hall of Fame. He then added a sixth Hall of Fame player in Deion. Hard not to win championships when you have that many Hall of Fame players, including your QB. Plus they had a Hall of Fame head coach.

rambo2

Reaction score
They haven’t won a Super Bowl but they’ve been I believe without looking it up to 4 NFC championship games and 2 Super Bowls in 21st Century.
All for nothing they would say over here or they haven't sniffed a championship .

rambo2

Reaction score
He should have hired Norv as HC and Wade as DC. He also had an opportunity to hire Dan Reeves as a consultant but they couldn't agree on terms.

But the real shame was running Parcells off before the job was done. We all know Bill wasn’t going to stay indefinitely but Jethro begin meddling and Bill wasn’t going to stand for it.

We have never really recovered from that. This is first time since with McCarthy we’ve even come close to resembling that but we are on the verge of this dead ending as well. Just a matter of time for Jethro to screw this up.
They are on the verge of good things. This team is good.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Those who don't believe this, are those who have succumbed to the level that Jerry wants you to be in. Lowered the bar to the point that just winning a game in the playoffs seems to be some sort of accomplishment and the sheep are content and satisfied.
Keep on making excuses for him and happy with the results these past almost 30 years. That don't mean we have to accept it. He hasn't brainwashed many of us yet.

rambo2

Reaction score
I believe the biggest criticism over here is we haven’t sniffed a championship game in 27 years.
Exactly that's what they say when they lose a playoff game by 1 score. They would say the 49ers haven't sniffed one in 28 years.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol, they are one of the best drafting teams in the league. That is a main reason that they are one of the best teams in the NFC.
I mean how they conduct the draft. Not the actual picking of the players. There's nothing conservative or aggressive about that. You always try to pick the best players. But other than that, almost no movement in the first two days. No matter who is on the board, they just sit there and take their 3 picks as they reach them. Like a catcher waiting on a pitch.

rambo2

Reaction score
I mean how they conduct the draft. Not the actual picking of the players. There's nothing conservative or aggressive about that. You always try to pick the best players. But other than that, almost no movement in the first two days. No matter who is on the board, they just sit there and take their 3 picks as they reach them. Like a catcher waiting on a pitch.
They traded back and took Parsons. They got the extra pick in trade in this draft took the corner.

Flamma

Reaction score
They traded back and took Parsons. They got the extra pick in trade in this draft took the corner.
That's why I said, almost no movement. Besides, Dallas didn't initiate anything. The Eagles wanted Smith, and there really was no risk for Dallas. But that was a good move on their part.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Anyone of us on this site could figure out what you need to build a super bowl. Top coach and give him the keys. That coach will bring in the QB/top defense etc. Somehow, Jerry skipped the most important part, a TOP coach. Look what Andy Reid has done for KC and Andy brought in Mahomes.