Have Jerry Jones And His Pride Cursed The Cowboys?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
That's a rewrite of team history. Credit for winning goes to the team. Any excuses from there is your own making. That's on you and own up to your own opinions and don't take an assumption to insulting for pointing out accepted standards of team sports and success.

On thread was explained most of the teal reasons why.

The correct term in the 60's was right on, not straight ahead.

For your education...today is really up there - mass murders where in the 60's there were protests and the dogs. What progressions as well.

C'mon don't hide behind a concept of a right to be obnoxious instead. You understand the projection and why. Uh, get real here...
Uhmmm OK

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol. I’m convinced you work for the corporation now. Jerry’s stance on putting Jimmy in the ROH should tell you everything you need to know about him and this curse.

Bet you Witten gets in before Jimmy. And that’s disgusting. But. Keep waving those Pom Poms
I don't care about the Ring of Honor. I care about having a good team and winning another championship. I'm not one to ***** and moan when we have a good exciting team that will contend. I'm happy to see it and look forward to it. The most fun is the ride to get there. I've seen it much before with my Cowboys, Astros, and Spurs. It's so much fun.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And sometimes you have to appease an employee - especially one that got you back to back SBs and was going for 3 in a row - something historic.

Coaches do it with superstar players at times, like Jimmy letting Emmitt or Irvin leave practice early to shoot a commercial.

No but Jerry and his ego got in the way, and that not to say Jimmy didn't have a big ego also but for the better of the franchise, sometimes you have to be the bigger man.
It goes both ways. Jimmy never signed a check. I'm not saying that I blame Jimmy, he had pride. But, at the end of the day he chose to leave. If I caught one of my employees making fun of me with his buddies, I wouldn't want him around either.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Being unrealistic and ignoring all but a personal itch in one's craw is hardly justification for non-stop insult.

Oh, you were another that doesn't bother to read and discuss presented themes on thread....woo hoo!

Suffer Baby!
Insults are insults, no matter what side of the issue you're on.

See what I'm saying, soldier?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
It goes both ways. Jimmy never signed a check. I'm not saying that I blame Jimmy, he had pride. But, at the end of the day he chose to leave. If I caught one of my employees making fun of me with his buddies, I wouldn't want him around either.
Yes both had egos and at fault, but to be fair there was a lot that led to Jimmy dissing Jerry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes both had egos and at fault, but to be fair there was a lot that led to Jimmy dissing Jerry.
Such as applying for a job with another team the week prior to the Super Bowl. Now try and convince all that there is no professional pride or need for tact. No, that was blatant and far beyond acceptible.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys haven't advanced past the Divisional round of the NFL Playoffs since their last Super Bowl appearance in 1995.

It has become a running joke on social media, with prominent talking heads like Stephen A. Smith leading the charge.

The desperation rises with each passing season that ends in some sort of heartbreak.

There has to be more to it. Could the Cowboys actually be suffering from some sort of curse?...

(don't start the insults...read the article)

https://insidethestar.com/have-jerry-jones-and-his-pride-cursed-the-cowboys/
You could say that the so called curse or bad luck started long ago in the Landry years with the Ice Bowl. Then you had the refs steal the Super Bowl against the Colts. Then later we had the Jackie Smith drop in the endzone and the Dwight Clark catch. We had our fair share of bad luck long before we ever heard of Jerry Jones.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would if he just turned my franchise around and won back to back championships . I’d hug that hiney to hell and back.

The bottomline is that winning wasn’t enough for Jethro . He wanted some of the credit. And his ego couldn’t handle Jimmy had become face of his franchise .

CCBoy

Reaction score
I wonder if the past 28 years will be known as "The curse of the Jones Family" similar to the infamous, Curse of the Bambino (the 86-year world series draught that followed the Red Sox after trading Babe Ruth)?
Wrong city for that to happen...Kansas City and the Cowboys both started their franchises there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You could say that the so called curse or bad luck started long ago in the Landry years with the Ice Bowl. Then you had the refs steal the Super Bowl against the Colts. Then later we had the Jackie Smith drop in the endzone and the Dwight Clark catch. We had our fair share of bad luck long before we ever heard of Jerry Jones.
The sport doesn't have a favorite status for any specific team. Put your pants on and let's just see!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would if he just turned my franchise around and won back to back championships . I’d hug that hiney to hell and back.

The bottomline is that winning wasn’t enough for Jethro . He wanted some of the credit. And his ego couldn’t handle Jimmy had become face of his franchise .
Bottom line, Jerry is the owner. Jimmy was the hired help and was given everything he needed to succeed. Unlike his situation in Miami, where he lost the last game of his career by 60 points.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. Jethro isn’t a curse . He’s just our greatest obstacle to overcome . No other teams fans would want the BS we have to deal with. And why he’s the most hated sports personality in Dallas/ Ft Worth area.

The only real curse or jinx was our blue uniforms .

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bottom line, Jerry is the owner. Jimmy was the hired help and was given everything he needed to succeed. Unlike his situation in Miami, where he lost the last game of his career by 60 points.
How do you feel right now, about RB Jones in the #2 slot?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, you don’t agree Jethro should have hugged Jimmys hiney?

And he couldn’t stand Jimmy received more credit?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Any Cowboy fan who’d take Jethro’s side over Jimmy isn’t a Cowboy fan I’d care to sit by.

rambo2

Reaction score
Right. Jethro isn’t a curse . He’s just our greatest obstacle to overcome . No other teams fans would want the BS we have to deal with. And why he’s the most hated sports personality in Dallas/ Ft Worth area.

The only real curse or jinx was our blue uniforms .
Lol

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys haven't advanced past the Divisional round of the NFL Playoffs since their last Super Bowl appearance in 1995.

It has become a running joke on social media, with prominent talking heads like Stephen A. Smith leading the charge.

The desperation rises with each passing season that ends in some sort of heartbreak.

There has to be more to it. Could the Cowboys actually be suffering from some sort of curse?...

(don't start the insults...read the article)

https://insidethestar.com/have-jerry-jones-and-his-pride-cursed-the-cowboys/
Well, Duh!