Have Jerry Jones And His Pride Cursed The Cowboys?

rambo2

Reaction score
That's why I said, almost no movement. Besides, Dallas didn't initiate anything. The Eagles wanted Smith, and there really was no risk for Dallas. But that was a good move on their part.
Thank goodness they have who they drafted.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys haven't advanced past the Divisional round of the NFL Playoffs since their last Super Bowl appearance in 1995.

It has become a running joke on social media, with prominent talking heads like Stephen A. Smith leading the charge.

The desperation rises with each passing season that ends in some sort of heartbreak.

There has to be more to it. Could the Cowboys actually be suffering from some sort of curse?...

(don't start the insults...read the article)

https://insidethestar.com/have-jerry-jones-and-his-pride-cursed-the-cowboys/
Absolutely yes. Beyond any doubt whatsoever.

The curse is related to odd draft picks, poor personnel analysis, poor team construction, and a complete failure to properly evaluate young players.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry’s a turd and he killed this franchise. I don’t care where he lands on the Forbes list or how much the team is worth. He’s been garbage for the most part of 30 years. He’s an incompetent boob. There are fans on here who could’ve hit the lottery, bought a football team and did a better job than this clown. Unfortunately we’re stuck with him and the rest of the Jones family, so there’s no relief in sight even after he’s gone!
I honestly know 15 year old kids who could've done a better job.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry has cursed the team. They haven't won anything since Aikman retired and they haven't drafted a 1st round QB either. Say what you want about Dak and Romo but each one of them couldn't perform on the bigger stages. Jerry isn't exempt from hurting the team either. He should of hired a GM a long time ago and stop being buddies with players. The Cowboys are the only team in the NFL that is run like a mom and pop organization. The whole family is working for Jerry.
Jerry won't hire anyone who is an Alpha that he can't control. His meddling doesn't work with those type of coaches.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can't believe there is anyone in this forum that would defend the criticism of Jerry Jones when it comes to running the team.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry has cursed the team. They haven't won anything since Aikman retired and they haven't drafted a 1st round QB either. Say what you want about Dak and Romo but each one of them couldn't perform on the bigger stages. Jerry isn't exempt from hurting the team either. He should of hired a GM a long time ago and stop being buddies with players. The Cowboys are the only team in the NFL that is run like a mom and pop organization. The whole family is working for Jerry.
Jerry won't hire anyone who is an Alpha that he can't control. His meddling doesn't work with those type of coaches.
How many 1st round qbs have the Jets drafted?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I can't believe there is anyone in this forum that would defend the criticism of Jerry Jones when it comes to running the team.
At a town New Year's celebration in Germany, straight up, you use a restroom or do it on the grass at the entrance with the Town's Mayor in attendance? Really?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Their first Super Bowl...
add in Denver/browns who like the jets gave up after a decade trying to find a starting qb via the draft and OVERPAID long in the tooth Vet QBS..smacks of desperation but sure cut dak will be super duper easy to get another top 10 qb.. how many years this time?

didn't the browns some drafts have 2-3 first round picks same with other teams and still cant land a qb..Washington still trying to replace cousin's. didnt the cards draft a 1st rounder 2 straight years and Murray whole decent isnt better then dak, sf offers up 3 1sts for Trey lance, great GMing there..colts been striking out since Luck retired.

NYG paying Jones might be an indicator on how the league and ALL Gms look at how tough it is to find a quality QB.

but sure Jerrys a terrible GM and that why we have been bad and cant move on from DAK..

CCBoy

Reaction score
add in Denver/browns who like the jets gave up after a decade trying to find a starting qb via the draft and OVERPAID long in the tooth Vet QBS..smacks of desperation but sure cut dak will be super duper easy to get another top 10 qb.. how many years this time?

didn't the browns some drafts have 2-3 first round picks same with other teams and still cant land a qb..Washington still trying to replace cousin's. didnt the cards draft a 1st rounder 2 straight years and Murray whole decent isnt better then dak, sf offers up 3 1sts for Trey lance, great GMing there..colts been striking out since Luck retired.

NYG paying Jones might be an indicator on how the league and ALL Gms look at how tough it is to find a quality QB.

but sure Jerrys a terrible GM and that why we have been bad and cant move on from DAK..
Since Parcells, the game is played with the concept of winning it now, through the league. If not, a short window is given...except where Jerry still protects loyalty in the choices of his coaches. He only had one Head Coach to stay for two years.

rambo2

Reaction score

They aren't bad. You really think that the current team is bad? I think that they will win 12 games for the 3rd year in a row and be a contender. The team looks solid.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Your assessment is still a medley of past labels.

Today's Cowboys organization is top class and has been forged correctly for the past two seasons. Top notched organizational executives and support, to include a world class medical. Very strong coaching staff that is current, in touch, and maintaining a dedicated and strong development of players on team. It drafts as good or better than any team in the NFL...not just a trophy case element.

The team has two consecutive 12 win seasons, and now is both dedicated and directed towards the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They aren't bad. You really think that the current team is bad? I think that they will win 12 games for the 3rd year in a row and be a contender. The team looks solid.
You hang in there guy. We're not following a cookie trail to the witches hatch.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Since Parcells, the game is played with the concept of winning it now, through the league. If not, a short window is given...except where Jerry still protects loyalty in the choices of his coaches. He only had one Head Coach to stay for two years.
ONE umm Garett a decade, Parcells more than 2 years, MM is still here going into season 4, you drunk posting? math off , cherry picking?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Let it go and enjoy.
Oh don't worry - since 1965 the Cowboys were the love of my life - now I take a passing interest - so I've let it go and it's disgraceful that I have. There is nothing enjoyable about it. That's a pretty weak take.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I just hope one of Jerry's grandkids is smart enough to hire AND give control to a real GM...

Big_D

Reaction score
Anyone of us on this site could figure out what you need to build a super bowl. Top coach and give him the keys. That coach will bring in the QB/top defense etc. Somehow, Jerry skipped the most important part, a TOP coach. Look what Andy Reid has done for KC and Andy brought in Mahomes.

Around here some will crap on a Super Bowl winning coach and pretend the owner who never coached a day in his life is somehow on equal footing with the guy who prepares the team. You listen to the Jerry vs Jimmy arguments and it's as ridiculous as it gets for those who still defend Jerry Jones. A guy who never took coaching seriously once Jimmy left. Every hire besides Parcells at the time revolved around making himself comfortable and finding the proper yes man.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Around here some will crap on a Super Bowl winning coach and pretend the owner who never coached a day in his life is somehow on equal footing with the guy who prepares the team. You listen to the Jerry vs Jimmy arguments and it's as ridiculous as it gets for those who still defend Jerry Jones. A guy who never took coaching seriously once Jimmy left. Every hire besides Parcells at the time revolved around making himself comfortable and finding the proper yes man.
I'll tell you what, Robin Hood, get the money and buy the team...

Garrett was a prior player and from a long line of NFL working members. He even played on the Cowboys in two Super Bowl victories. He came back and was the offensive coordinator under Wade Phillips. Wade did very well while in Houston and initially in Dallas.

Both Wade and Jason Garrett were successful, but Jason's strengths weren't in drafting in today's NFL. His dad was in scouting for a long time and he learned their standards originally.

All the previous Dallas coaches loved football...

I'll admit up front, the Cowboys haven't made it past the Divisional level since Barry Switzer, but even he has a Lombardi. As a coach, he did a top job.

I like this team, so I'll just leave all the Jerry and Prescott moaning and groaning to you NFL 'experts.'