Honor the contract garbage

kskboys

Reaction score
Impossible. I know for a fact that if it was on the bathroom wall, all it would say is "For a good time, call ksk!" I know this because I wrote it on every square inch of those walls!

:laugh:
Hey, I was drunk!!!!!!!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough. I will tell you that it doesn't sound that way, based on your earlier post, but if you say that's what it is, then I'm OK to take you at that. The problem I have with these athletes is that, as a fan, as one of the people who is paying for this and lets be honest, we are paying for this, I don't give a flip about what any of these guys think, with regards to social issues. I may 100% agree or disagree, as the case may be, but who cares? I watch football to get away from the rest of the BS in life. That's the truth. I don't tune it to hear what these Athletes think about whatever given position. Hell, most of them know less about what they are talking about then I do. I don't need that from these Athletes.

Those guys you refer to as those who just shut up and played sports, there is another word for that, you know this right? Those athletes are called Professionals and those guys understand that they are doing this for the fans. Those who pay to see them play. Not for those who pay to hear them pontificate on whatever social issue. They can do that on their own time. I don't want to hear it when it's on my nickle. That's just the truth of it, IMO.

While that may be true IMO, being a human being>>>professional athlete. IN this country our less fortunate are the voiceless. You know who comes from the less foruntate? A lot of these athletes. So to expect them to grow into adulthood and not care about the social issue effecting their community? That's not right. And IMO, it takes a certain scumbag to turn his back on his community just because he was awarded a few million.

In regards to "your money"....the NFL doesn't force you to spend your money on this product. But they do know that you will continue to spend your money on something. These guys tear their bodies up for a living all for your pleasure. All for you to be able to sit on the couch on Sunday's and watch these guys destroy their bodies and brains. If they chose in their spare time to speak up on social issues then they have that right.

kskboys

Reaction score
While that may be true IMO, being a human being>>>professional athlete. IN this country our less fortunate are the voiceless. You know who comes from the less foruntate? A lot of these athletes. So to expect them to grow into adulthood and not care about the social issue effecting their community? That's not right. And IMO, it takes a certain scumbag to turn his back on his community just because he was awarded a few million.

In regards to "your money"....the NFL doesn't force you to spend your money on this product. But they do know that you will continue to spend your money on something. These guys tear their bodies up for a living all for your pleasure. All for you to be able to sit on the couch on Sunday's and watch these guys destroy their bodies and brains. If they chose in their spare time to speak up on social issues then they have that right.
Absolutely. And the team has the right to not hire them if they deem that what they've said will cost them.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I kinda get tired of people who say that the only ones who are said to have to honor the contract are the players.

This is a complete fallacy. The contract allows for a player to be cut, that is the reason for the signing bonus and guaranteed money That is how the owners honor the contract according to the CBA. If you don't like the CBA, then fine, but you cannot say that the only ones expected to honor the contract are the players.

The NFLPA agreed to the 5th year option in rookie contracts, they did not have to do that but the older players were fine with limiting younger players salaries for the benefit of their own pocketbook.

Love watching Zeke play but why have a CBA and an NFLPA if you are not going to stick to the agreement? Nobody should be forced to go to work, so stay home Zeke if you want to ruin your career! If he does not show up week 1, I hope the Cowboys take the current offer off the table!
So lets say you hire a contractor to say....put a new roof on your house. He gets 3/4 of it done, decides he wants more $$$ to finish your roof. You OK with him holding out and not finishing the roof until he gets the $$$ he wants?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Absolutely. And the team has the right to not hire them if they deem that what they've said will cost them.
They do. But it’s sad the world we live in you will get hired if you are accused of murder, rape, drug abusing and domestic abuse but you stand for social issues and you won’t get hired. Says a lot. Sad world we live in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So lets say you hire a contractor to say....put a new roof on your house. He gets 3/4 of it done, decides he wants more $$$ to finish your roof. You OK with him holding out and not finishing the roof until he gets the $$$ he wants?
So you think players are like housing properties? There are laws in this country prevent such things from happening. NFL is its own separate entity.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Did you think I was defending Zeke?

kskboys

Reaction score
They do. But it’s sad the world we live in you will get hired if you are accused of murder, rape, drug abusing and domestic abuse but you stand for social issues and you won’t get hired. Says a lot. Sad world we live in.
The NFL is simply a different world. It's all about what will keep fans away. The social issue itself is not what kept fans away, it was trying to make a statement during a patriotic gesture. That was the mistake.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Wish I could've held out my contract with the Marines for more money, while on leave after Iraq. Would've been a real hoot.
I always laugh when I hear peope compare real life with sports. If you didnt show up to work(in marines) who cares.... you can be replaced EASILY. Zeke doesnt show up for work, nobody can replace his abilities.

If Mick Jagger says he is not touring with the stones anymore unless his percentage of revenues goes up by 5%.... im pretty sure he gets what he wants as with no Mick, the Stone officially are over.

Normal joes are just that, normal joes. Stop comparing ridiculously opposite situations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The NFL is simply a different world. It's all about what will keep fans away. The social issue itself is not what kept fans away, it was trying to make a statement during a patriotic gesture. That was the mistake.
Well.....that’s what the narrative was changed to. The narrative was changed because the truth was too embarrassing for a lot of people who had problems with their favorite past time getting into the social arena.

conner01

Reaction score
Teams do honor contracts - that is a fact. If they did not honor the contract they would be sued. Part of the contract allows for them to be cut! The signing bonus and guaranteed money account for that out by the owners. Honoring the contract is following the terms of the contract both express and implied.
How many players actually play out their contracts? Teams cut players with years left on their contract every year. Ask Demarcus Ware if he was allowed to play out the contract he signed
Zeke is doing nothing different
I don’t like it but it’s the players only leverage
A guaranteed contract that both sides have to follow would fix that but owners don’t want it
I think it would also lower contracts because all the money would be real

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How many players actually play out their contracts? Teams cut players with years left on their contract every year. Ask Demarcus Ware if he was allowed to play out the contract he signed
Zeke is doing nothing different
I don’t like it but it’s the players only leverage
A guaranteed contract that both sides have to follow would fix that but owners don’t want it
I think it would also lower contracts because all the money would be real

you fail to recognize that owners abilities to cut players is actually part OF THE CONTRACT...... BY ITS' TERMS. so when owners cut players, they are doing something they are allowed to do by the terms of the contract per the cba.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
This. NFL players are basically independent contractors/at-will employees.

At will employees can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. When one signs on the dotted line it’s executing the written agreement.

Contract law 101

you fail to recognize that owners abilities to cut players is actually part OF THE CONTRACT...... BY ITS' TERMS. so when owners cut players, they are doing something they are allowed to do by the terms of the contract per the cba.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wasn’t saying no generations before us didn’t value themselves. But in regards to sports........in the era of guys like Deion Sanders and Terrell Owens I feel the athlete had other values in mind and were more selfish. These younger athletes seem to stand more for social issues then those who just shut up and played sports. Never once said these guys were the first to do anything.

Social issues is just a different way of someone saying they arent happy where they are in life and they want to blame someone else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wasn’t saying no generations before us didn’t value themselves. But in regards to sports........in the era of guys like Deion Sanders and Terrell Owens I feel the athlete had other values in mind and were more selfish. These younger athletes seem to stand more for social issues then those who just shut up and played sports. Never once said these guys were the first to do anything.

Ironically the generations prior were the real one that should have been complaining. Today? Not so much.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This. NFL players are basically independent contractors/at-will employees.

At will employees can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. When one signs on the dotted line it’s executing the written agreement.

Contract law 101
You are aware these guys are in a union. no? Teams can keep them off the field, but they can not withold the financial terms of the contract for any reason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Social issues is just a different way of someone saying they arent happy where they are in life and they want to blame someone else.
Wow. Is that what you think? Interesting. That explains why in this country we turn our cheek to those less fortunate than us. It’s sad you have to relate to someone to be sympathetic to them.