Houston Chronicle: Time is ripe for Texans to overtake Cowboys in the eyes of Texas

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typical Texans fans. This was why I never liked him. They felt entitled from day one. They get a little bit of success and act like they won 15 SB's.

I started to like them last year because of Stroud. Now I may need to rethink this.

I know too many arrogant Texans fans.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I can see why new fans would start following the Texans. They have a good upcoming quarterback. That means a lot to actual fans.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see why new fans would start following the Texans. They have a good upcoming quarterback. That means a lot to actual fans.
Will be interesting to see him in year two.
He may not have Schultz or Brown there to help him. :muttley:

bewp7

Reaction score
good hope they do even tho they wont

less $$$ and attenton for jerry and stephen the better

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
960x0.webp

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex.../texans-cowboys-battle-for-texas-18688895.php

"....The Texans play the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this upcoming season. That will be a bigger game in the battle for the state than the franchise’s inaugural game. There was no chance the Texans could overtake the Cowboys back then. But now … they have the best and most popular quarterback in the state leading the way."
Easy to pass a franchise that really does not care about winning on the field.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Lol yeah sure that's never happening even if the Texans win multiple superbowls

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The OP is right. Stroud is the next superstar QB, and it's going to cost Jerry plenty of fans in this state.

Of course, the Cowboys will still be ahead on the Forbes list, which is what really matters to Jerry.
Herbert was the next superstar QB 3 years ago.

Mannix

Reaction score
Since 2017, ANYTHING that toilet of a city ever manages to accomplish will require an asterisk!!!

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Remember the Houston Oilers? They had some good teams but they could never match the popularity or success of the Cowboys. They eventually moved and now are known as the Tennessee Titans. The Texans have struggled greatly most of their franchise history. Never a threat to the Cowboys in any way. But with Dallas's continued futility under the Jones leadership and many fans disgusted the Texans have an opening. They have a promising QB. They seem to have better leadership than in the past. They have an opening and unless the Cowboys make some big changes that opening may grow.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Click bait

It should be true, but it just isn't.

They're definitely a more exciting, and more likeable team right now. But it's hard to beat old sentiment and history.

I'll be following them from afar next year and wish them well

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
960x0.webp

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex.../texans-cowboys-battle-for-texas-18688895.php

"....The Texans play the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this upcoming season. That will be a bigger game in the battle for the state than the franchise’s inaugural game. There was no chance the Texans could overtake the Cowboys back then. But now … they have the best and most popular quarterback in the state leading the way."
What a joke. They can have it. They will miss out on the playoffs this year and suck again. But sure please take this title from us.