How about Suh for a 1 year deal 14 million like he did the rams?

Rayman70

Reaction score
giphy.gif
WORKS FOR ME

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I would do it. He's not the sack artist he used to be but he's one of the best interior run defenders in the game. He'd really shore up the middle of the defense along with LVE. One of our biggest problems was we're soft in the middle of the D. There aren't many guys that can fix that better than Suh.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd love to see Suh on our defensive line. He commands a double not all the time but alot of the time. He helped the rams stop our running attack. Just think about what he would add to our defense. The way the rams knocked our tackles back in that playoff game wouldn't happen ever with suh. He is one of the most powerful players in the league not just on defense. You put him in front of a Jaylon Smith and LVE and our defense just got so much tougher. Add a Robert Quinn who I'm willing to bet will turn it up under Marinelli and our defense will be better than last season. I'd like to know what people think about adding Suh for a one year deal what do you guys say

We dont have the cap space.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We have Collins, Woods, Ross, and (sometimes) Crawford in the inside. Collins only played in 9 games last year.

I think the plan is Woods and Covington at 1T. Woods should be significantly better with some real conditioning work, when he signed with Dallas they didn't let him on the field until he lost 30 pounds. Covington should do much better at 1T than the 5T he played with the Texans.

At 3T, I think its Collins and a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, with Crawford taking some reps there. That's a wildcard depending on which pick and how healthy Collins in, but the upside is there.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He’d be the best DT on the roster and a huge upgrade to the interior run defense. I’d do it...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont like suh, but it would be interesting if they got him, but they wont.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Interesting topic. I'm sure he'd rather a last, long term deal right about now, but I guess you can throw them dolla-dolla bills at him and see what happens.
Only one thing though:
Stevie don't like throwing dolla-dolla bills.
He's the guy in the back of the strip club with a face like he drank lemon juice when a girl approaches.
,,,Er,,,and well , now,,,
"Ain't that peculiar hoot,hoot, oh,yeah" on multiple levels of angled views in the varying pursued proclivities,,, of feigned fandom as they reason in ponderation, yet,,,as to the precise point of grasping it's reasoned factual possibility ,the true point forever shall remain beyond all to those, except to he himself,whom nudie bar cruises in lemon suck face mode to begin with, is the one to be sought out fer' further understanding as to the WHY of it All,,,ya know? o_O

SSoup

Reaction score
Not remotely interested in paying 14 million per year to a 32-year old 4-3 lineman who isn't a great pass rusher.

I just don't think Suh is the magic bullet some people think he is. I know he played well in that one game against us this year. But the Rams' rushing defense was sill lousy overall this season despite him starting all the games.

They gave up the most yards per carry of any NFL defense this year, and they ranked in the bottom ten in rushing yardage. So, guess what -- they spent plenty of time getting pushed back despite featuring Suh front and center.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There's probably 2 dozen teams that would take Suh on a 1 year $10 million deal. I'm a little surprised he didn't get paid this offseason, but if we're throwing around 1 year deals, he will have his choice of suitors. There's nothing special that would lure him to Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what kind of year did Donald have next to him

He still had 60 tackles and 5 sacks from DT

I would offer him 10m but Marinelli hates talent

He's worried about losing his reputation as a miracle worker.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All I know is we needed defensive tackle help for Four Seasons now. I think it's a no-brainer even if he's rotational

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's not erlite anymore but ...
:rolleyes:
That is what's wrong with the Jones franchise. The strategy is to shower 2-3 with more money than we can afford and fill out the team with has-been and JAGs.
Earlier in the history of this franchise I would totally agree with you. The last three seasons we shown a different philosophy with William McClay in the front office.