How 'Bout Them Rangers

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3580358 said:
The magic number is down to four, but if they continue to play like they are. Four games is all they will play in the playoffs.

This is true. They are playing like a very mediocre team right now. Fortunately the Angels and A's are as well, but the Rangers are going to have to get on a roll at the right time if they are going to make an impact in the playoffs.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;3580506 said:
This is true. They are playing like a very mediocre team right now. Fortunately the Angels and A's are as well, but the Rangers are going to have to get on a roll at the right time if they are going to make an impact in the playoffs.

To be honest, I just don't their heart is in it right now. They have no emotion because they know they are in basically in the playoffs. At least this is what I hope.

They got up to play the Yanks. And we are also resting the stars regularly.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cliff Lee hurt himself again?

He was pitching great, then all the sudden after the 3rd inning, everything is a ball or right over the plate.

Rangers offense is DOA.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Nice win last night, we will probably lose the Holland-Gonzalez game but we should absolutely win our next 3 or 4 games after. It's time to lock this thing up!

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Rangers Clinch!! If the cowboys can play up to expectations it will be the best sports weekend we've had in awhile.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
It's good seeing these guys celebrate but man it's gonna be a tough road in the playoffs. Gotta rest our old guys like Vlad and Young so they'll be fresh and clutch in the post season.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
nyc;3583831 said:
The question is can the win in the playoffs.

Well if Lee and CJ pitch the way they're supposed to i think we are up there with everyone else. If we can come in with our bats fresh then that would also be a huge plus.

juck

Reaction score
YES!!!! I LOVE IT.
11 Freakin Years!!!!!!

Best Pro Sports team in DFW

GO RANGERS!!!!!

StylisticS

Reaction score
nyc;3583831 said:
The question is can the win in the playoffs.

The team I'm scared of is the Twins. They have our number at least when we play in Minnesota. Luckily, we don't play them in the ALDS. I think the Rangers can beat both the AL East teams if we are healthy. Because I think we have the starting pitching and bullpen to match them.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Was just about to start a thread on these guys! Gotta love the Rangers!

juck

Reaction score
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/rangers.jpg

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I couldn't be happier for Michael Young. He has been a constant professional and struggled with some bad bad teams. I'm sure he could have left multiple times, but he stuck out. Now lets just keep winning.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3583836 said:
Well if Lee and CJ pitch the way they're supposed to i think we are up there with everyone else. If we can come in with our bats fresh then that would also be a huge plus.

Problem is Lee looked like he was back, then all the sudden after the third inning in his last game he imploded. (again!)

We don't know what we are going to have with him. They need Josh Hamilton, but he is always busting up his ribs. :banghead:

I'm trying to stay positive, but the team is very erratic right now. One thing that Jeter said years ago that is very true.

Derek Jeter said:
The best teams make it to the playoffs, the hottest teams win the World Series

Right now the Rangers are a good team, but hot they are not and I'm not just talking about their last 10. To be hot (playing great baseball) you have to be consistent and consistent they aren't.

juck

Reaction score
nyc;3584651 said:
Problem is Lee looked like he was back, then all the sudden after the third inning in his last game he imploded. (again!)

We don't know what we are going to have with him. They need Josh Hamilton, but he is always busting up his ribs. :banghead:

I'm trying to stay positive, but the team is very erratic right now. One thing that Jeter said years ago that is very true.

Right now the Rangers are a good team, but hot they are not and I'm not just talking about their last 10. To be hot (playing great baseball) you have to be consistent and consistent they aren't.

Realize that they have been kinda cruising knowing this thing is locked up. It would be hard to stay focused knowing u have it locked up for a month. When it got close they ripped off 5 straight wins without Hambone. Hambone will be back.This team has great unity and will to win and confidence.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I don't think they've been cruising, they've basically been surviving. Cliff Lee never was what he was supposed to be for this team which cost us a bunch of games then he missed games with the back. Kinsler and Cruz have been out for months combined, Hamilton is out and it's questionable whether he will even be out there come playoff time.

I think in these last few games it will be interesting to see if this team meets their win goal(92) and how guys like Lee, CJ, and Lewis are pitching. If Lewis goes out and outduels Cahill that would be a huge confidence boost.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Rangers are slugging it today while their main guys are on the bench, too bad i had Cahill on my fantasy roster today.