How 'Bout Them Rangers

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Excited for the playoffs next week, but I'm worried about Slamilton getting back up to speed and not having a strong set up guy like Frank Francisco till after the ALDS.

juck

Reaction score
HAMILTON SWUNG AGAIN TODAY PAIN FREE. He says he will play friday against Angels. DH.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I hope Hamilton comes back and gets back to MVP form or atleast in some kind of Rhythm. If not he might hurt more than he'll help.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rangers tie it in the bottom of the ninth with a double steal! SWEET! :bow:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Of course Harrison with the flattest pitches in the country, gives up the lead by giving up a HR.

We shall see if the Rangers can come from behind again because Harrison's skill as a pitcher sucks so much...

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Young, Kinsler, and the Bullpen came up short.

Young is starting to worry me, he needs to get it going.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I really want to face the rays in the 1st round.

The yanks may look weak right now but they have a ability similar to the LA lakers to turn the switch on/off during the playoffs. Plus i think Cliff> Price, CJ> Garza, and Colby> Shields.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
We better win game 1, seriously. Cliff better go out and pitch a complete game shutout and erase those doubts.

Man playoff baseball is gonna take years off my life. The slow pace and the high tension kills me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3598254 said:
We better win game 1, seriously. Cliff better go out and pitch a complete game shutout and erase those doubts.

Man playoff baseball is gonna take years off my life. The slow pace and the high tension kills me.

Price (probable starter?) is going to be tough. I would have preferred to face the Yankees since neither the Yankees or the Rangers are looking solid right now. The Rays are a more fundamentally sound team than the Yankees.

/shurg. It's good to be back in the playoffs. Even if the Rangers lose, I just hope it isn't as disappointing as all the other playoff seasons.

Lets go Rangers!

MegaMagick

Reaction score
nyc;3598376 said:
Price (probable starter?) is going to be tough. I would have preferred to face the Yankees since neither the Yankees or the Rangers are looking solid right now. The Rays are a more fundamentally sound team than the Yankees.

/shurg. It's good to be back in the playoffs. Even if the Rangers lose, I just hope it isn't as disappointing as all the other playoff seasons.

Lets go Rangers!

Rays were struggling against the orioles and the royals, we split with a decent angels and the yanks played a good motivated red sox team.

juck

Reaction score
game 1 is on TBS at freakin 12.30 est. unreal. wednesday.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
No one is giving the Rangers a chance and honestly I'm skeptical if we can overcome our 2-4 record vs the Rays. But hopefully we can get a few good shots in there and extend it to a five game set at least. If we can get past the Rays we can win the whole thing IMO.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I really don't see how the rays are that much better than us, they had a spectacular regular season and they lay in the al east. However the best regular season team usually doesn't mean anything. We have the better offense esp with Hamilton, we have the better rotation stats wise, i like our bullpen better than theirs but i do fear soriano.

I think that Price will pitch his heart out but Garza and Shields will let them down big time. If the rangers play up to their potential then i honestly see this as a sweep.

It's just a case of the National media not really caring about the rangers that much and just see us as a nice team rather than someone who should be taken seriously.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Game 1: LHP David Price (vs. LHP Cliff Lee), Tampa Bay

Game 2: RHP James Shields (vs. LHP C.J. Wilson), Tampa Bay

Game 3: RHP Matt Garza (vs. RHP Colby Lewis), Arlington

Game 4: RHP Wade Davis (vs. RHP Tommy Hunter), Arlington

Maybe i'm looking through my red rangers goggles here but we should be favored in all those matchups outside the Price-lee game.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Texas in this series. Can't stand Tampa and those annoying cowbells.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3599301 said:
Game 1: LHP David Price (vs. LHP Cliff Lee), Tampa Bay

Game 2: RHP James Shields (vs. LHP C.J. Wilson), Tampa Bay

Game 3: RHP Matt Garza (vs. RHP Colby Lewis), Arlington

Game 4: RHP Wade Davis (vs. RHP Tommy Hunter), Arlington

Maybe i'm looking through my red rangers goggles here but we should be favored in all those matchups outside the Price-lee game.

Have to consider who Shields and Garza pitched against most of the year in their division, vs. the lineups the Rangers faced.

The Yankees and even a depleted Red Sox squad are much tougher than the Angels or any of the other scrubs in the AL West.