Mod Edit:

I got this from X

Where Dak ranks among all time Quarterbacks:

Pass completion percentage: 4th

Adjusted Net Yards per pass attempt: 7th

Pass interception percentage: 9th

Passer rating: 5th

Touchdown/Interception ratio: 6th

Fun fact: in 3 of Dak’s playoff losses the defense allowed 30+ points.

Other Quarterbacks playoff records when their defense allows 30+

Tom Brady: 2-3
Aaron Rodgers: 1-5
Drew Brees: 0-3
Joe Montana: 0-3
Brett Farve: 0-7
Peyton Manning: 2-4
John Elway: 0-6
Ben Roethlisberger: 0-6

“But playoffs” is a stupid argument when analyzing a quarterback’s skill set

Yes and Jimmy G. is 3rd and Kirk Cousins is 5th, what's your point?

It's a dink and dunk passing league, and you can't touch the QB

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yep. He choked, the coaches choked, players around him choked….he’s not the only one.
You do realize you're not gonna get through to some of these knuckleheads in here they're so myopic just singling out one player usually the quarterback it's been Tony Romo and Prescott Dallas been holding us back for 15 years I mean literally you watch the games every game has its own story mostly bad defense or bad coaching or missed opportunities dropped passes 14 penalties all kinds of stuff I mean where is the run game against the good teams I wanna know where is the Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach type offensive line and run game in the playoffs to support them to give them one of the best offensive lines and some of the best coaching Staffs that ever walked the earth that is what Troy and Roger had and we have Jason Garrett for the most part for these two players and a wildly fluctuating coaching staff and somehow it's on the quarterback to be Superman they literally are being asked to not only carry the team that win there's a full on assault with bombs going on all around them they're supposed to run through the minefield and pull wins when nobody else is playing well...

The weaknesses on this team is exposed in the bigger games against the bigger teams and it's typically been the defense I mean if you look at 2023 look at all the games they say Prescott can't win the big game well all those good teams we lost to during the regular season go look at what the defense didn't do now look what the defense didn't do in the Seattle win I mean people just ignore it like the quarterback no matter what should be able to play well when nothing around him is going well literally that's the expectations and they don't realize that we watch football,

in my eyes tell me that there are a lot of quarterbacks both from our history and our Super Bowl runs and along recent history where quarterbacks are allowed to make mistakes and their teams picked them up I've seen Troy Aikman have us down in the first half in the Super bowl because he threw interceptions and looked like trash in the first half NRL team picked him up they always could rely on the run game and the defense they figured out a way to get back into the game and bail out the quarterback Troy and Roger never carried this team in the playoffs I watched a lot of the games either the live ones or rewatched a lot of the old games and the big games and I could tell you this Roger and Troy were not perfect nor were they asked to be...

That's why it's a team game that's why you can watch Matthew Stafford lead the league in interceptions throw 2 interceptions in the Super bowl and nobody remembers it because their team picked him up he did not have to play perfect to win the Super bowl our fan base thinks our quarterback has to throw 0 interceptions throw for 70% and put up 40 points because that's what's expected of him is play perfectly or you're the scapegoat...

And I can't use a more perfect scenario over the last two playoffs you watched guys like Trevor Lawrence and Josh Allen's two years ago in the playoffs one of them had three turnovers one of them had four in a playoff game and their team won the game I mean how is that possible that they didn't lose those games with your quarterback nearly given your team 4 not 2 not one but four turnovers if it wasn't for the fumble by Josh Allen that ran out of bounds that would have been four in that game go back and look those quarterbacks got bailed out by their team/... Nobody talked about it because the team stepped up and now the best scenario ever is having two games that couldn't be the same in the first half,​
weatherly the Dallas Cowboys first half against the Green Bay Packers and we watched the mighty 49ers and the first half against the lions both play like trash especially on offense nothing was working they were down by 3 scores and yet our fan base thinks there's something different it's on the quarterback no what we watch is the 49ers special teams defense coaching staff all find a way to dig back up to the surface and hold on to the game until the offense caught up and they won that game what our defense do come out of halftime and give up three straight scores and all our fan base does is look back and say well yeah but Prescott through two interceptions in the first half and the defense gave up because they knew they'd never win with a quarterback like him when was the exact opposite the defense started the game down 7 nothing they got walk down the field like they were in practice they were not ready to play no matter what our offense would have done that day we were lost that game guaranteed...

So when it's all there for fans to see their examples all over where quarterbacks are bailed out they're not asked to be perfect they're just asked to be part of a team and when that team is able to step up and overcome problems together and win a game sometimes win a game that was unwinnable that has to be the entire team flowing in the same direction at some point in that game they need to step up and our defense didn't do that one time in that game they didn't do it against the Rams they didn't do it against the Green Bay Packers back in 2016 they didn't do it enough in the first half of the 2022 game I mean an add in again all the penalties this team finds a way to lose as a team and yet the quarterbacks get blamed....

Coffee ran over for now lol

hopemsu

Reaction score
agreed.. mahomes would likely have zero superbowls if not for really good (RELIABLE get a stop when needed) defenses. Certainly last year when the Chiefs didnt allow more than 25 points but 3 times last year, and lost two of those games.

How many trophies would Brady have without great defenses?

Defense still wins championships, always has and always will. If it didnt, Peyton Manning would have 7 super bowls, Dan Marino would have many, and Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw wouldn't have any

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. He choked, the coaches choked, players around him choked….he’s not the only one.
This is an extremely lazy take. No game examples let alone any play examples.

I suppose for you...a missed target is choking when talking about romo?

What the ever loving heaven are you talking about? I dont even know if i disagree with you, you arent giving me anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score
agreed.. mahomes would likely have zero superbowls if not for really good (RELIABLE get a stop when needed) defenses. Certainly last year when the Chiefs didnt allow more than 25 points but 3 times last year, and lost two of those games.

How many trophies would Brady have without great defenses?

Defense still wins championships, always has and always will. If it didnt, Peyton Manning would have 7 super bowls, Dan Marino would have many, and Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw wouldn't have any
exactly I mean he is elite literally stands alone as one of the top quarterbacks in the league right now but you're right it was more than just defense if you look at the last two shoot bowls in the second-half they ran the ball a lot with running back by committee they ran the quarterback their special teams got involved and these were close games in the second-half the coaches made the changes in the schemes and whatever their game plan was they went to another direction and used literally a seventh round running back with a whole bunch of wide receivers and running backs without big names and one back-to-back Super Bowls Patrick mahomes did not do it by himself although you gotta give him credit because they literally have been taking talent off that team especially on offense and they're still winning Super Bowls he's doing it with it running back by committee and wide receiver by committee and yet they're still getting it done and that has to go to the coaching and getting on the same page with your quarterback and say this is what we're gonna do and they basically flip the script on the Eagles and 49ers it just took the game away in the second-half..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is an extremely lazy take. No game examples let alone any play examples.

I suppose for you...a missed target is choking when talking about romo?

What the ever loving heaven are you talking about? I dont even know if i disagree with you, you arent giving me anything.
All I said was the whole team choked. Whether it’s lazy or not I don’t know. But I know time and time again for the last 28 years I’ve watched this team have talent and when the playoffs come around a lot of them go ghost. I’ve seen guys like Flacco step up. I needed Romo to do the same as well as Dak.

Brooksey

Reaction score

FUN FACT REALITY:

Are we going to talk about how Prescott's turnovers and lack of 3rd down conversions led to the 30 points?

Like two picks including a pick 6, a pick inside our own 20 and two lamb overthrows on 3rd down all before half against GB, which led to 27-0.

Let me know if you want to break down the SF playoff game and others.

Adreme

Reaction score
Alternatively, pretty much every SB winning QB has had to orchestrate a 'comeback' in the play-off run.
And none of them in the history of the NFL did so from the position the Cowboys defense put them in. Again in the entire history of the league no team has won a playoff game where the defense gave up 6 TDs in their first 7 possessions.

That means 0 Super Bowl winning QBs would have won that game historically speaking.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And none of them in the history of the NFL did so from the position the Cowboys defense put them in. Again in the entire history of the league no team has won a playoff game where the defense gave up 6 TDs in their first 7 possessions.

That means 0 Super Bowl winning QBs would have won that game historically speaking.
OK, so what about the two SF play-off losses.... and the inability to convert any of the 4/5 drives to win/tie the games.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I said was the whole team choked. Whether it’s lazy or not I don’t know. But I know time and time again for the last 28 years I’ve watched this team have talent and when the playoffs come around a lot of them go ghost. I’ve seen guys like Flacco step up. I needed Romo to do the same as well as Dak.
Apples to oranges. Romo played as well or better than Flacco. You think Flacco didn't have a bit of luck? Did he have his star receiver unable to put a dimed throw one foot more into the endzone? His star RB inexplicably get the ball finger-tipped out of his hands on a sure TD? I dunno..maybe maybe not.

Did romo ever gift the defense 14 easy 1st half points on inexplicable interceptions? I dunno...maybe and maybe not.

How many times did romo have to go back out to try to win the game, only to have the odds finally turn on him. Denver game against manning a good example. Romo DID NOT choke that game. He fought tooth and nail toe to toe with one of the very best.

I'd guess you don;t give a rats bottom about these "minor trivial details"...but for me...

There is a HUGE difference between losing and choking. If you go down fighting like a warrior (depending on the opponent maybe), and still lose that ain;t choking.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Mod Edit:

I got this from X

Where Dak ranks among all time Quarterbacks:

Pass completion percentage: 4th

Adjusted Net Yards per pass attempt: 7th

Pass interception percentage: 9th

Passer rating: 5th

Touchdown/Interception ratio: 6th

So, a pick 6 is against the defense now?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You somehow say this after 10 years of Jason Garrett, and as if Jerry Jones operates like a real GM. A real GM never gets us into a situation where we are stuck with Dak long term. We would have drafted QBs in the first round instead.
What a ridiculous post. :rolleyes:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Apples to oranges. Romo played as well or better than Flacco. You think Flacco didn't have a bit of luck? Did he have his star receiver unable to put a dimed throw one foot more into the endzone? His star RB inexplicably get the ball finger-tipped out of his hands on a sure TD? I dunno..maybe maybe not.

Did romo ever gift the defense 14 easy 1st half points on inexplicable interceptions? I dunno...maybe and maybe not.

How many times did romo have to go back out to try to win the game, only to have the odds finally turn on him. Denver game against manning a good example. Romo DID NOT choke that game. He fought tooth and nail toe to toe with one of the very best.

I'd guess you don;t give a rats bottom about these "minor trivial details"...but for me...

There is a HUGE difference between losing and choking. If you go down fighting like a warrior (depending on the opponent maybe), and still lose that ain;t choking.
Well I don’t recall Flacco having a star running back or star receiver honestly.

I think Dak went out fighting but I still think he choked. I commend for not giving up but it’s still choking. Romo has never given me one of those 3 or 4 touchdown games he was capable of giving….and it wasn’t like he was playing juggernauts. He played just good enough to win and lose. I need my stars to step up.

Adreme

Reaction score
OK, so what about the two SF play-off losses.... and the inability to convert any of the 4/5 drives to win/tie the games.
SF simply has Cowboys number. It happens for some teams. The Patriots had Manning’s number. The Ravens were the only team beating the Patriots in the playoffs. Brady seemed to have Mahomes number and lest we forget this same 49ers team has had Rodgers number for about a decade.

As for how the 49ers do it, they basically dare the Cowboys to run the ball by understacking the box knowing that their front 7 is significantly better than the Cowboys OLine so they will win. Basically the Cowboys have struggled for years against teams that run downhill and attack the interior and they have yet to fix either issue.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As for how the 49ers do it, they basically dare the Cowboys to run the ball by understacking the box knowing that their front 7 is significantly better than the Cowboys OLine so they will win. Basically the Cowboys have struggled for years against teams that run downhill and attack the interior and they have yet to fix either issue.
Or as Jimmie Ward stated......

“We went in there and did what we needed to do: Stop the run and force them to be one-dimensional. See if Prescott could win the game for them". in 2022
or
Dak isn't good against zone [coverage].” in 2023

Swagger

Reaction score

Complimentary football. If the offense did more than nothing or even worse, the QB give the opposition 14 points then the D wouldn't have given up 6 touchdown on the first 7 Packers' possessions.

The game was over because of both Prescott and the defense. One isn't devoid of any blame