How good or bad do you feel about the Cowboys 2019 season

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Left to his own devices, there might be a decent chance for Moore to succeed as an offensive coordinator. With Garrett being the HC and an extremely conventional one at that, it's questionable if he'll see fit to allow KM the freedom to call plays as his inclinations dictate. Would Moore choose to tattle to Jerry if his play calls are being stifled by JG? That's another fair question. Such factors should render the 2019 Dallas offense very intriguing.

Last edited:

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
It all depends on Dak's development. He has weapons. The OL seems poised to return to 2014 levels. Zeke looks like he did at Ohio State, physically. The defense should send at least 3 players to the pro bowl.

We are due to make a run. It all depends on our QB's dakuracy, poise in the pocket, and footwork. If Kitna can help him overcome some of his deficiencies (most of the time), I honestly don't fear any team.

cristglo

Reaction score
Its really hard to determine what our record will be. So many teams have improved this draft. I do feel that this draft we improved our team as well as in FA. I really feel good about our defense despite the fact they didnt draft a safety high. I honestly feel that Iokla has the measurable s in Richards defense to be a slight upgrade over Heath. I wont be surprised if Heath still sees playing time in certain packages. Yes that will be a scary thought and one can hope that the Donavon pick will be a nice surprise and be a better upgrade. Im very confident that our DL will be one of the best this next season. IMO they didnt leave any stone not turned over. Woods played better each game he played except for the Rams game where we were tipping our hands, I feel confident that will be corrected. Hill has become a major factor even because he was drafted with our first pick and he weighed over 300lbs. He has been the run stuffing big nasty DT that we have been crying for.
i was disappointed that as deep as this draft was at TE we didnt bring in anyone. Though our TE's did make progress they were not world beaters. I love Witten and as much as I would love to see him at his best at his age and the ware and tare on his body is a concern. If Witten can play at a better level then when he retired then that is a plus for us.
Our OL improved not only this year but for the future. Anyone thinking that Conner Williams is a bust is crazy IMO. This kid has great footwork and his major problem was he had no power/strength. He has added 15lbs of muscle and still has time through the off season to work on his craft. He will be an improved player and I wont be surprised at all if he ends the season at RT and McGovern slides in at LG. With freebeard back making the calls this OL will be back at its strength and we will see Zeke running all over the place and winning the league in yards/TD's.
Kellen Moore and Dak will be the key to how far we will go. I we get the Dak of the last part of our season then we will be in good shape. If Dak comes out like he did at the beginning of the season this board will be at odds once again. Moore can he be less predictable and call more routes then the same stop and turn around, Will we be able to push the ball down the field? When our WR are open will Dak be able to deliver the ball to them?
If these two can produce then we have a good chance to go to the SB. If they are mediocre then we will be sitting at home watching the playoffs and SB.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
very confident that we can...at the worst...make the conference title game....at the best...win it all.
I like the additions of Quinn and Trysten Hill on the DLine.
On offense...with Frederick and Witten returning......adding Cobb,Pollard and a full season with Amari.....I think this offensive unit can be special.
barring injury of course.

then again......Ive been wrong before.
I like that last part.

With egg on our faces we all join you.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Its really hard to determine what our record will be. So many teams have improved this draft. I do feel that this draft we improved our team as well as in FA. I really feel good about our defense despite the fact they didnt draft a safety high. I honestly feel that Iokla has the measurable s in Richards defense to be a slight upgrade over Heath. I wont be surprised if Heath still sees playing time in certain packages. Yes that will be a scary thought and one can hope that the Donavon pick will be a nice surprise and be a better upgrade. Im very confident that our DL will be one of the best this next season. IMO they didnt leave any stone not turned over. Woods played better each game he played except for the Rams game where we were tipping our hands, I feel confident that will be corrected. Hill has become a major factor even because he was drafted with our first pick and he weighed over 300lbs. He has been the run stuffing big nasty DT that we have been crying for.
i was disappointed that as deep as this draft was at TE we didnt bring in anyone. Though our TE's did make progress they were not world beaters. I love Witten and as much as I would love to see him at his best at his age and the ware and tare on his body is a concern. If Witten can play at a better level then when he retired then that is a plus for us.
Our OL improved not only this year but for the future. Anyone thinking that Conner Williams is a bust is crazy IMO. This kid has great footwork and his major problem was he had no power/strength. He has added 15lbs of muscle and still has time through the off season to work on his craft. He will be an improved player and I wont be surprised at all if he ends the season at RT and McGovern slides in at LG. With freebeard back making the calls this OL will be back at its strength and we will see Zeke running all over the place and winning the league in yards/TD's.
Kellen Moore and Dak will be the key to how far we will go. I we get the Dak of the last part of our season then we will be in good shape. If Dak comes out like he did at the beginning of the season this board will be at odds once again. Moore can he be less predictable and call more routes then the same stop and turn around, Will we be able to push the ball down the field? When our WR are open will Dak be able to deliver the ball to them?
If these two can produce then we have a good chance to go to the SB. If they are mediocre then we will be sitting at home watching the playoffs and SB.
No

Tell us how you really feel.

Don't sugar coat it for us.

We can take it.

:laugh:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm stoked just knowing a full season with the Cowboys is on the horizon.

I think we did well enough to put forth an admirable challenge for anyone.

I feel we've fared well enough in vet FA and the draft to win our fair share.
What is our fair share Bullflop, a division crown again?
Just asking because a lot of fans always want the golden ring or bust every year, but if we pay out top cap money to Dak and Zeke and Coop, then this FO is investing in the golden ring, and I fully understand that fan base disapproval because if your going to sacrifice future cap to win now, the fan base will suffer if you don't succeed.
Its walking on thin ice, especially for this FO, they have always pointed the finger at the coaches, and so have we.
What choice do we really have.
I actually believe this team will be better this year, with the possibility of advancing a bit further, but regardless, we need to see strides made by Dak and lets pray that Moore can accentuate and elevate Daks floor.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What is our fair share Bullflop, a division crown again?
Just asking because a lot of fans always want the golden ring or bust every year, but if we pay out top cap money to Dak and Zeke and Coop, then this FO is investing in the golden ring, and I fully understand that fan base disapproval because if your going to sacrifice future cap to win now, the fan base will suffer if you don't succeed.
Its walking on thin ice, especially for this FO, they have always pointed the finger at the coaches, and so have we.
What choice do we really have.
I actually believe this team will be better this year, with the possibility of advancing a bit further, but regardless, we need to see strides made by Dak and lets pray that Moore can accentuate and elevate Daks floor.

To be totally honest, I have no specific idea in mind as to what our success rate will be this year. I posted previously that I'm envisioning anything from an 8-8 to a 10-6 season. Our difficult schedule and the many questions that linger surrounding the Dallas offense leave plenty of room for doubt exactly what we're capable of. Will Moore be permitted to do what he prefers or will he be restricted by Garrett and his conservatism? Will the OL function as they have in years passed or can we expect more injuries and passing problems to impede us? So many questions beg to be answered. I'm mainly inclined to watch the action, try to enjoy it and hope for the best. I have my doubts as to whether a 10-6 record at best would take us very far into the playoffs, assuming one even comes to pass.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team has good health, I feel good about making the playoffs and if the Eagles have a wounded QB, I feel good about winning the division.

However, I feel good going into the season because I am looking forward to seeing how this offense is with Moore. Not necessarily good about the season because of that but that is the most intriguing part of this season. You don't see an inexperienced OC take over often unless you count the last time the Cowboys did that with Garrett. Another one destined for coaching.

But as usual, I know nothing. When I think they're climbing, they fall and vice versa. So, I just let this unfold before my eyes and enjoy the games one at a time until it becomes a season, somewhere around 8 games in. However, did I get a surprise last season or what?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Now that the offseason is pretty much in the book, and we know what we are going into 2019 with, how good or bad do you feel about the upcoming season?
So far we have not played a game yet or even had a single practice at training camp

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got it a little different ...

1. Giants = Win
2. At Commanders= Loss
3. Dolphins= Win
4. At Saints= Loss
5. Packers= Loss
6. At Jets= Win
7. Eagles= Loss
8. At Giants= Win
9. Vikings= Loss
10. At Lions= Win
11. At Patriots= Loss
12. Bills= Win
13. At Bears= Loss
14. Rams= Loss
15. At Eagles= Loss
16. Commanders= Win

7-9
You have us losing to the Eagles twice. We have owned them the last three seasons. I see nothing changing.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I feel very good. We have great talent mixed with pending contracts so players and coaches will naturally work harder. Great mix

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You have us losing to the Eagles twice. We have owned them the last three seasons. I see nothing changing.

We did not own them in 2017 - they won the division, we lost to them once, and they went on to win the Super Bowl. LOL

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Now that the offseason is pretty much in the book, and we know what we are going into 2019 with, how good or bad do you feel about the upcoming season?

The Cowboys are a legitimate playoff team. If not for Zeke's suspension, and the inability of Scott Linehan to adjust to him being absent for 6 games, the Cowboys would have 3 consecutive playoff seasons, going on a 4th. Jerry Jones is correct is saying that there is no tangible reason the Cowboys shouldn't be even better in 2019. Does that mean more wins? Not necessarily, since they play a 1st place schedule. But we shouldn't see the same struggles the Cowboys experience early last season.

The Cowboys finished the back half of 2018 with 7 wins and 1 loss. There is not a good reason to believe they should lose more than 6 games next season, and an improvement in their record is a real possibility, maybe even a probability. The bigger question is how improved are other NFC teams going to be in 2019 in comparison to the Cowboys.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Personnel wise I feel we improved to maintain what we started. The key question is not the personnel on the field but the ones on the sidelines calling the plays. Moore is new variable on how well the offense goes. We are better in a few positions (Cobb, Fredbeard back), and status quo in others (TE and QB).

Defensively they have the talent and depth to be better (D-Line depth) and that could be the difference maker that carries things while the offense sorts out it’s new identity. Looking at our opponents there are not too many I feel we are inferior to on the field.

Giants x2, Skins x2, Dolphins, Jets, Lions, Bills, Bears and Vikings.

Teams we are out matched coaching wise and/or are inferior to at QB:

Eagles x2, Rams, Saints, Pats.

Great year prediction:

10/10 on teams from first group and go 3/5 in second group. 13-3 and match 2016.

Very Good Year (and my real prediction):

8/10 out of first group. 2/6 in second and go 10-6.

If we get killed with injuries, Dak gets knocked out for year/extended time, or Moore is a complete bust we could be looking at a 4/5 win season ala 2015. It smells Weeden bad if Dak is done. They need a solid veteran backup.

csirl

Reaction score
Contract year for Garrett? Jerry doesnt need to pay him off to get rid of him. Pressure is on.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I have 8-8 or 9-7. That's more of an optimistic look, I just think our schedule is brutal.

pancakeman

Reaction score
In recent years it seems the offense and the defense never wholly came together at the same time, but the fact that both have looked very impressive at times says to me that the possibility is there.
I do think this team has Super-Bowl capable talent--it's all gonna fall on Kellen Moore more than anyone. I feel positive about the first part of that sentence, and I just don't yet know how to feel about the second part.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I feel good about this coming season, but I do not feel great about it. Hard to feel great about a team with a clown head coach. If a guy like Jimmy was the head coach, I would be ecstatic.

75boyz

Reaction score
It all depends on Dak's development. He has weapons. The OL seems poised to return to 2014 levels. Zeke looks like he did at Ohio State, physically. The defense should send at least 3 players to the pro bowl.

We are due to make a run. It all depends on our QB's dakuracy, poise in the pocket, and footwork. If Kitna can help him overcome some of his deficiencies (most of the time), I honestly don't fear any team.

This simple, well stated QB critique should not only apply to this season's success with it's decently stocked roster, but every season thereafter in regards to this teams future. If he doesn't improve, the team will continue to be a tease with just enough talent to reach the playoffs yet never advance far. If he does improve, there will be actual legitimate opportunity to be a consistent annual contender even when the team isn't as deep as it is in the trenches as it appears to be for this year anyway.

The whole coaching contribution to overall team success is it's own conversation as well.