How Stephen's delaying tactic CeeDee contract cost Cowboys

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: and in a few years after signing, he goes back and asks for more money
This doesn't nearly as much as it did in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s but I am not sure why. Maybe players realize they are making a ton of money already or maybe teams are more progressive in avoiding these issues. For example, the word Amari Cooper has one year left on his deal ( yes the same one he played for the Cowboys ) at $20M but he wants a new raise before the season starts. From what I have heard/read, the Browns are saying they agree and will take care of him before the season starts.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not defending Stephen because he always waits too long on contracts now that he runs it, but in his defense, CeeDee probably didn’t deserve the #1 WR contract until after last year’s show.

JBS

Reaction score
At least I have one to rot "fuzzy"

You Jerry sheep just suck down whatever your master tell you.
One would think that soemone who literally was on the other side of this topic not very long ago would be a lot more understanding

I guess not

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I get it: anyone who is not 100% on board with your position is a sheep. Puritanical tripe.
Have fun tilting at windmills.
:muttley:What a weak response

My enemies are real ...... and they have been ruining the Cowboys for almost 30 years ....... and sycophants like you defend them.

Have fun.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One would think that soemone who literally was on the other side of this topic not very long ago would be a lot more understanding

I guess not
Are you talking about the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO act?

:laugh:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:muttley:What a weak response

My enemies are real ...... and they have been ruining the Cowboys for almost 30 years ....... and sycophants like you defend them.

Have fun.
LOL enemies, sycophants. Windmills indeed.

I just do not think Jerry Jones prevents us from having a SB winning season despite his flaws.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just do not think Jerry Jones prevents us from having a SB winning season despite his flaws.
I do not see how ..... him and his doofus son are the only constant on the team. The way they build a team is backwards.

But I really do not want to have the same argument again ....... and I only responded to you because you quoted me.

JBS

Reaction score
Then I have no clue what you are talking about ...... I have hated Jerry Jones for a decade.
Not sure who you are trying to fool but you were one of the biggest homers running around these boards for ages

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure who you are trying to fool but you were one of the biggest homers running around these boards for ages
Not trying to fool anyone ....... hell I turned on Jerry Jones when Hostile still ran this place ........ after Jerry got caught taking pictures with his pants down with teenage girls and talking crap drunk in bars.

It takes a while for me to turn on players ......... Dak just did it the last two years with his playoff performances. Took me a long time with Romo as well.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I do not see how ..... him and his doofus son are the only constant on the team. The way they build a team is backwards.

But I really do not want to have the same argument again ....... and I only responded to you because you quoted me.
And your ability to 'see' is important now? LOL we have no influence on the outcomes or circumstance.

If you do not want to have the argument then do not make the arguments. And this is a public forum, you always have a participating audience.

I get that you feel that you have this wholistic circumstantial reasoning to prove that the Cowboys can never win with Jerry. You should at least understand why people might not think that reasoning is valid.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wholistic circumstantial reasoning to prove that the Cowboys can never win with Jerry.
:laugh: How is it holistic after 28+ years with multiple head coaches, position coaches,and starting qb's.

Anyone else would have been fired with that record .......

Nice to know you think how they do things is fine ....... grats

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The idiot did the same with Dak. Delayed over 2M per year and paid later. Could have signed him for 28M or so instead played hardball paid franchise tag money and then 40M a year.

He is not good at managing the cap
This is ridiculous. Dak turned down 35/5.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:laugh: How is it holistic after 28+ years with multiple head coaches, position coaches,and starting qb's.

Anyone else would have been fired with that record .......

Nice to know you think how they do things is fine ....... grats
If you think that Jerry Jones does the GM job like the GM of most NFL firms. If you think that McClay is not the one running the scouting department and coordinating them with the coaching staff and ownership.

You are impressed by titles. I evaluate each move on it's merits and avoid wholistic reasoning in complex systems as you do here. It's a mixed bag IMO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is a legit question actually........but Stephen has clearly said the Cowboys are not market setters. An offer making Cee Dee the highest paid at $31M last season would have been just that. Hell, even Jerry recently said something about waiting for more leaves to fall. Well........they fell and guess what (LOL).
leaves are still falling.
I dont know that lamb or dak will get signed at all before this season starts.
I would think that waiting also affects trade possibility's, and it only hurts cowboys if they sign lamb.
If they trade him waiting still is bad, but they wouldnt be paying anything more,some other team would.

What dallas/ the jones boys are doing this season is weird, no one knows what their goals or plans are.